The Rumour Thread

40k went for the "named hero" route in the last bunch of battleforces, so I guess:

Dok Battleforce (a real one, not the joke of the last year) with Morathi.

Sylvaneth Battleforce (another real one) with Alarielle.

Soulblight with Nagash.

S2D with Belakor.

Skaven with Thanquol.

Ironjawz  with Gordrakk.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

5 minutes ago, Ragest said:

40k went for the "named hero" route in the last bunch of battleforces, so I guess:

Dok Battleforce (a real one, not the joke of the last year) with Morathi.

Sylvaneth Battleforce (another real one) with Alarielle.

Soulblight with Nagash.

S2D with Belakor.

Skaven with Thanquol.

Ironjawz  with Gordrakk.

Guess Seraphon with Kroak would be a contender in that case?

• LOVE IT! 1

Most of the time its armies they want to push forward. Including some "newer" models.

My guess is either Kruleboyz or Gitz for Destruction.

Nighthaunt or Soulblight for Death.

StD for Chaos or Slaanesh maybe?

Order could be anything really, all very good ranges.

Lots of complaints that the Seraphon Vanguard should have had a foot hero (discounting that the existing Old Blood and Eternity Warden don't hold up well next to the new sculpts), so I wonder if perception would be different if they'd advertised it as the Skink Oracle as the monster figure and had the Cold One/Scar Veteran on Foot from that kit as the hero for the box? Strangely, I can't find any pictures of the site about the hero on foot despite it being a perfectly solid model

• Like 1

Btw, I've seen lot of talks about old models from factions such us Skavens and Beasts of Chaos. I think we can all agree that sooner or later all WHF minis would be replaced or removed, right? In that case, which WHF mini would you say has the higher chances to stay in AoS as it is for the long term.

Imo that mini could be easily Nagash. I had no clue that was initially done for WHF, and it is surprisingly good for the time it has.

2 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Btw, I've seen lot of talks about old models from factions such us Skavens and Beasts of Chaos. I think we can all agree that sooner or later all WHF minis would be replaced or removed, right? In that case, which WHF mini would you say has the higher chances to stay in AoS as it is for the long term.

Imo that mini could be easily Nagash. I had no clue that was initially done for WHF, and it is surprisingly good for the time it has.

Of course, sooner or later all minatures are phased out. But I don't really think there is a concerted effort to replace old WHFB kits as long as they can conceivably be reinterpreted as a Mortal Realms thing (FEC Ghouls are a good example).

Nagash is a good shout for a model that will stick around for a long time, though: Came out just before the end of WHFB, looks good and is a big, expensive kit. All factors that make it unlikely that the model will be replaced anytime soon. The Verminlords and Glottkin are in the same position, so those will probably also be with us for a long time.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

While Nagash was released during The End Times, he was available for maybe 6 months before AoS replaced Warhammer. 

Same can be said for Thanqul, stormfiends, the Glotkin and blight kings. 

I believe the treelord was also released during 8th edition warhammer tho I might be misremembering that. 

1 hour ago, Nazarjo said:

Lots of complaints that the Seraphon Vanguard should have had a foot hero (discounting that the existing Old Blood and Eternity Warden don't hold up well next to the new sculpts), so I wonder if perception would be different if they'd advertised it as the Skink Oracle as the monster figure and had the Cold One/Scar Veteran on Foot from that kit as the hero for the box? Strangely, I can't find any pictures of the site about the hero on foot despite it being a perfectly solid model

They do mention the oracle as an option, so I suppose there will be instructions for the foot veteran too. But I guess they focus on the carnosaur variant because it's the option that has synergy with the rest of the box. But that's true, I think the box could be more enticing if the saurus foot hero was there on the photo

1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

All ? I don't think so. Some of them will definitely stay. Examples : Witch Elves, Mournfangs, Seraphon dinosaurs, Ogor monsters, the Treelord... 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Rumour Engine time.

MUcryJYw2mQdxsRD.jpg

I'm leaning 40k/Necromunda, but the design could still end up AoS depending on the material on top? 

Fingers got a really weird shape. Could be a new kind of Troggoth or some kind of Genestealer Cultist? The padded leather looking armguard doesnt look very high tech. This could be AoS imho.

Edited by Gitzdee

17 hours ago, novakai said:

They tend to split the battle box between the grand alliance, they have plenty of choices between Order and Chaos.

between Death and destruction there not many choices the only two armies that have yet to get a Battlebox are FeC (getting a tome soon so they may not be get a battle box) and Sons (hard to make a battle box work for them)

For destruction, they may go Gloomspite Gitz again but focus on troll instead of squigs or Ogors but BCR focus.

with Death the three other have gotten boxes recently so it be hard to guess which one it is.

Troggoth Battleforce would be a massice yes from me.

55 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Rumour Engine time.

MUcryJYw2mQdxsRD.jpg

I'm leaning 40k/Necromunda, but the design could still end up AoS depending on the material on top? 

The hand has the anatomy of kroot with 4 fingers and two thumbs. 

Interesting indeed. Perhaps its a heavy kroot unit that's been feasting on ork flesh.

It could just be hope here but I think we've had a few new kroot rumors recently. 

Edited by Vasshpit
  • Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

16 hours ago, Doko said:

karl franz would be also great in the vanguard,the mini is gorgeous(better than the new humans for many of us) and the box art would be great with a big miniature.

i also i would love if it have a steam tank,i never got one because for me it is overpriced in money for the amount of plastic and how small it is,but if it is inside a box with disscount i would get it

The General on Griffin set also has a warmage and general on foot with only minor sculpting. I love the kit.

Having just looked at the semi recent kroot kill team that finger/thumb in the back does look pretty close to the layout of their hands and based on the overall size it belonging to some sort of kroot 'brute' type model or unit might be right on the money. 

There's also been a couple other rumour engines with kroot elements so there's a possibility tau could be getting a wave of new kroot models with their codex next year.

• Like 1