The Rumour Thread

19 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

The CoS Armybox confirms only 52 warscrolls, so 4 more warscrolls left to be revealed.

Not necessarily. It could be 7 or 2. The steamtank, luminark and Hurricanum are 1 warscroll each in the old book but 2 on the app. The warcry warband could be 1,2 or 3 warscrolls. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Draznak said:

If you could, that would be very kind. If there are 52 of them, that would mean there's still cannon, reliquary, Callis & Toll... And no elite infantry. 😢

I hope @Chikout's right!

It's just a photo saying that the box contains  52 warscroll cards. That doesn't necessarily contradict the community article. It could be that the luminark, Hurricanum or steam tank get one card with both versions of the warscroll while the book does it like the app. Callis and Toll could be a black library special that might exclude them from the book. They could also be this year's Warhammer+ mini. There could be another cities mini as the Warhammer + mini for this year. Still many unanswered questions. 

The leaked photo of the cities box does suggest that the box is out in the wild so we could see the rest of the range leak sooner rather than later. 

Since I'm not sure if sharing the photo is ok or not, I'll just say that the battletome is 160 pages long  (which makes it the second longest 3rd edition battletome) and the box contains 45 enhancement cards and 4 transfer sheets. 

Edited by Chikout
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nezzhil said:

It was an errata. Some points were incorrect. I recommend check the PDF.

Do you know where the details of the errata are? It was it just done silently.

I can see the battlesmith point change has been undone and instead the runesmiter went up 10, but can’t see any other obvious differences?

I've been eyeing the new Nurgle harbinger of decay (for a conversion), but I really don't like getting a box with Nurgle mini's I don't need (and not very interesting to sell off, because a lot of people are already doing that). Is there any indication if and when the new characters will be sold separately?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, elfhead said:

I've been eyeing the new Nurgle harbinger of decay (for a conversion), but I really don't like getting a box with Nurgle mini's I don't need (and not very interesting to sell off, because a lot of people are already doing that). Is there any indication if and when the new characters will be sold separately?

They'll definitely come out individually eventually. This sort of thing usually arrives between two and six months later. 

Is Nova really our next Preview? I feel like a month is quite some time away considering everything coming up with Dawnbringers Book II, its minis and COS. 

Unless they do wait till Nova, show off everything and then Pre Order and release within the month?

12 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Is Nova really our next Preview? I feel like a month is quite some time away considering everything coming up with Dawnbringers Book II, its minis and COS. 

Unless they do wait till Nova, show off everything and then Pre Order and release within the month?

Gen con is next week. There is a very small chance we might see something then but I'm not optimistic. I checked the event schedule and couldn't see anything from gw. 

1 minute ago, Chikout said:

Gen con is next week. There is a very small chance we might see something then but I'm not optimistic. I checked the event schedule and couldn't see anything from gw. 

Its insane to think this Narrative Book could be the biggest release for Destruction this Edition, not only mini wise but narratively we may see some actual advancement of their role in lore and teases of future releases.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, elfhead said:

They will come out eventually, but that could be a while. I was waiting for Farsight to come out on his own and when they did finally release him, he's been sold out or awaiting stock everywhere I've checked. He's still selling for above RRP on eBay. 

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

I was wondering the same. My guesstimation is...

• Next week will be Cities of Sigmar Army Set (alongside the Cerastus Lancer). The influencers appear to be getting their copies now so it definitely seems to be soon.
  • Week after that will be Legions Imperialis, but since it's a new system it'll probably be a two week pre-order window.
  • The week after that will be the Pestilens Underworlds and Kruelboyz Warcry warbands as a 'filler'.

Iirc after those are out, the only things still on the waiting list will be the full CoS release, Tyranids and the Big Pig/Dawnbringers II, all of which are slated to be Autumn releases.

As we know, Dawnbringers II still has models to show off so that may be the furthest out of the three, but there is still enough stuff to fill out the weeks until NOVA and the period immediately after it, especially since the Tyranids and Space Marines will probably be spread over several weeks. I don't think it's out of the question we may just be waiting for NOVA to see anything.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Grunbag said:

According to realm of ruins game , there is 2 new kruleboyz units. Killaboss dankfeer and a breaka tribes shaman . Do you think there is a chance these new model come to AoS ? Realm of ruins seems to stay close to the AoS mini . 

60B7A242-A875-4060-A704-4EB39AF4281A.jpeg

2EB9713E-B0F9-4145-AB3F-595C8B8F8679.jpeg

9C5507CD-C19E-414A-83B1-ECF4C2AAF551.png

I see them as reinterpretations of the classic Killaboss and Swampcalla Shaman but like named characters for the Kruleboyz Campaign.

I wouldn't expect new miniatures from RoR before GW release them for AoS, like the rumoured new Orruk Warclans wave.

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, Throgg said:

I see them as reinterpretations of the classic Killaboss and Swampcalla Shaman but like named characters for the Kruleboyz Campaign.

I wouldn't expect new miniatures from RoR before GW release them for AoS, like the rumoured new Orruk Warclans wave.

Which rumored new orruk warclans ?

2 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

I was wondering the same. My guesstimation is...

• Next week will be Cities of Sigmar Army Set (alongside the Cerastus Lancer). The influencers appear to be getting their copies now so it definitely seems to be soon.
  • Week after that will be Legions Imperialis, but since it's a new system it'll probably be a two week pre-order window.
  • The week after that will be the Pestilens Underworlds and Kruelboyz Warcry warbands as a 'filler'.

Iirc after those are out, the only things still on the waiting list will be the full CoS release, Tyranids and the Big Pig/Dawnbringers II, all of which are slated to be Autumn releases.

As we know, Dawnbringers II still has models to show off so that may be the furthest out of the three, but there is still enough stuff to fill out the weeks until NOVA and the period immediately after it, especially since the Tyranids and Space Marines will probably be spread over several weeks. I don't think it's out of the question we may just be waiting for NOVA to see anything.

Wait a sec, influencers are getting the Cities box already? But surely it can't be going up on pre-order next Saturday with 4-6 kits/units left to reveal?

I'd guess we'll see the rest revealed in an article(s) in the next (2) week(s), with pre-orders just before HH Epic OR we are getting a Cities heavy Gen Con show (unlikely, although GW does have a presence like always, schedule is a bit vague), but I'm not holding my breath and still expecting an early September release.

5 hours ago, Nezzhil said:

Yep, I know... I would send you the photo if you want.

Also interested in the photo, although imho it seems unlikely (but not unbelievable) both the article and reveal show script would have gotten the number wrong. Either that, or we are getting some Battlemage on Hurricanum and Steam Tank Commander warscroll condensation like for the 2.0 BT.

Edit:
Also, just had the chance to take a better look at the Wildercorps Hunters, and wow. They really bridge the gap between Hexbane's/ven Densts and the rest of the range, especially the doggos who look like they would fit in perfectly with the ones from the WHU Warband. Definitely one of the first things I'm getting after launch (after the Fusiliers and Ogor, of course 😛).

Edited by Asbestress
  • Like 4

16 minutes ago, Asbestress said:

Wait a sec, influencers are getting the Cities box already? But surely it can't be going up on pre-order next Saturday with 4-6 kits/units left to reveal?

Yes, I thought this, and am really hoping there are plenty more reveals to come.

1 hour ago, Grunbag said:

Which rumored new orruk warclans ?

Whitefang, a very reliable rumourmonger if you don't know him, hinted some news for Orruks in the incoming future.

This is relatable to the new warcry band for Kruleboyz and the big pig for Ironjawz, and of course, the second book of Dawnbringers looks it will have a strong narrative around Orruks/Destruction.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Asbestress said:

But surely it can't be going up on pre-order next Saturday with 4-6 kits/units left to reveal?

We really just know they'll reveal two more things : 1. Artillery (confirmed on WarCom) and 2. something religious like a War Altar (based on 3d renders seen in the Cult of the Wheel article). That could be Artillery this Monday and Altar the week after, then Box set release the following week-end.

I wouldn't expect more units than those two, if the box indeed mentions 52 warscrolls...

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

6 hours ago, Chikout said:

It's just a photo saying that the box contains  52 warscroll cards. That doesn't necessarily contradict the community article. It could be that the luminark, Hurricanum or steam tank get one card with both versions of the warscroll while the book does it like the app. Callis and Toll could be a black library special that might exclude them from the book. They could also be this year's Warhammer+ mini. There could be another cities mini as the Warhammer + mini for this year. Still many unanswered questions. 

The leaked photo of the cities box does suggest that the box is out in the wild so we could see the rest of the range leak sooner rather than later. 

Since I'm not sure if sharing the photo is ok or not, I'll just say that the battletome is 160 pages long  (which makes it the second longest 3rd edition battletome) and the box contains 45 enhancement cards and 4 transfer sheets. 

Could you send me the pic please?

And that's a hefty BT my god. Minus like 20 units, + 32 pages. Really excited to see how many pages each of the 11(?) featured cities get each. And if we have focus pages for individual units (probably 100% for new/staying Freeguild/Human stuff, maybe 1-3 pages for other subfactions?)

Edited by Asbestress

5 minutes ago, Asbestress said:

Could you send me the pic please?

And that's a hefty BT my god. Minus like 20 units, + 32 pages. Really excited to see how many pages each of the 11(?) featured cities get each. And if we have focus pages for individual units (probably 100% for new/staying Freeguild/Human stuff, maybe 1-3 pages for other subfactions?)

You can see it if you go over to dakks. It's not worth getting excited about. It's just a close up photo of the text on the back of the box that says what I've already shared and the minis that are on the box which we already know. There's no unseen art or even any flavour text and certainly no glimpses of an unseen mini. 

• Thanks 1

On 7/28/2023 at 7:51 PM, Ferban said:

I also pay annually, but I'm sad to hear about this price increase.  For the past two years, I've felt that the price is on the line between being "worth it" or not.  If it was a little cheaper, or if there was more content, I'd be much more satisfied.  But as it is, I think it (barely) provides enough to make it worth the cost.  But if the price increases, I'm not sure that's the case anymore.  

What I'd really like to see is W+ give you access to all rules (battle traits, artefacts, etc.) in the app.  And then have battle tomes be more focused on lore, art, and advancing the narrative.  I feel like that would make W+ worth the cost and I know I'd still buy tomes (at least for the armies I liked).  

Maybe they did it this way to cash out ppl that sign just for one month, watch the entire list of shows, and just leaves?

That could explain why the annual sub is not increasing its price.

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Like 4

11 minutes ago, Grungnisson said:

With still so much of the new Cities to be revealed, could we see the announcement tomorrow, but then a two-week pre-order? 

Tomorrow announcement is Horus Heresy.

GW have a lot of content to be released this summer.