The Rumour Thread

Just now, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Can you explain how to read this chart?

The products listed are not avaliable from local stores anymore, so you only need to check on the webstore if they are gone forever or they are new products for the only Avaliable to order

• Thanks 2

Well, it doesn‘t come as a surprise that the Changeling goes to online-only, seeing how the rules made him completely useless and probably no one uses him… can‘t speak for the other kits, perhaps their rules are fine, but it‘s a shame that a great-looking mini sees no play. :(

£65 for the Warcry starter is disappointing. Like it's not a bad price for a starter in theory, but the contents do feel very lack luster compared to the Kill Team equivalent. Honestly double the amount of terrain and use two of the existing Warcry warbands and it would have been great.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, EonChao said:

£65 for the Warcry starter is disappointing. Like it's not a bad price for a starter in theory, but the contents do feel very lack luster compared to the Kill Team equivalent. Honestly double the amount of terrain and use two of the existing Warcry warbands and it would have been great.

The amount of terrain really is kinda disappointing, isn't it? Especially for warcry with its climbing mechanics and everything. Makes me wonder whether they are planning to double dip with a follow up set that brings up the warbands to full size and includes more terrain to give you enough for a full sized game.

• Sad 1

Obviously 40k related but the Space Marine range is getting a bunch of units retired which is a shame but I guess removes the bloat that army has a little. Figured I'd share it just in case anyone has been waiting to pick that extra Assault Squad etc

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/07/24/space-marine-range-update-bikes-land-speeders-and-more-are-soon-zooming-off-into-the-sunset/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Vasshpit said:

Greenskins kept chaos in check while everyone was prepping for a comeback. 

Just saying.  

Da Ladz saved Da Realms in Da Age of Spikie Boyz and dey dare to call us DESTRUCTIVE!?

3 minutes ago, EonChao said:

Obviously 40k related but the Space Marine range is getting a bunch of units retired which is a shame but I guess removes the bloat that army has a little. Figured I'd share it just in case anyone has been waiting to pick that extra Assault Squad etc

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/07/24/space-marine-range-update-bikes-land-speeders-and-more-are-soon-zooming-off-into-the-sunset/

The culling was necessary, more so than COS but those Land Speeders are such a staple of GW that itll be a real shame to see them leave.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, EonChao said:

Range bloat is such a dilemma for GW. It feels like everyone agrees that there are too many Space Marines, but nobody wants models to leave the range.

I see the same problem looming for Stormcast, if I am honest.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

The amount of terrain really is kinda disappointing, isn't it? Especially for warcry with its climbing mechanics and everything. Makes me wonder whether they are planning to double dip with a follow up set that brings up the warbands to full size and includes more terrain to give you enough for a full sized game.

yeah, its weird. I kind of understand the focus on 2d gameplay in a starter set, but the smaller warbands with no build options maybe is too much dumbing down.

4 walls and 2 landmarks is more or less the same quantity of the KT starter (but those feel bigger and there are also the barricades).

at 60/65€ would have looked better, something inbetween underworlds and KT starters.

Hunters and Hounds! Definitely a surprise, but a welcome one.

tJM2wxj2r2mGMiXG.jpg

NccQRio4YJizRiAB-500x278.jpg

Not content with scouting duties for larger armies, the Wildercorps Hunters also strike out on their own as a Warcry warband. This group of skilled loners and slobbering hounds are easily the equal of other bands who bring their own pets into battle, from the Offal Hounds of the Royal Beastflayers to the simian Howlaz tamed by Monsta-Killaz.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 15
  • LOVE IT! 8

These are fun! Quite low key really. A good array of pretty distinct alt-builds in the video too, looks like more boar spears and blades.

Very Mordheim too! Check out the weird little Boschian/Blanchian thingy at the feet of the rightmost dude. Looks like there’s something with a bird skull for a head too in the video.

Edited by sandlemad
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

That's certainly a unit I was not expecting. Both the fact that we are getting new crossbow guys and that they are a warcry warband is surprising. Also, what are those weird animals? They kinda look like Gryph Hounds without the bird head.

It seems these guys are the successors to the discontinued shadow warriors, rules-wise. So that's a good proxy opportunity right there.