The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Aeryenn said:

It depends on who you ask. My close friend is a CoS player and he is disappointed that the Steam Tank stays. He was hoping for a new model.

Yet I understand that the range is huge and it is impossible to make everything fresh all at once. We will see the same problem when GW decides to update Skaven and some clans will be left behind.

Same thought here.

I mean clan verminus is a give.

that clan looks fantastic and isn’t really in need of an update at all.

if we go though to clan pestilence.

i could see gw deciding to just do nothing there, which I hope won’t be the case.

and for the other clans, i don’t think they can really ignore those.

clan skryre and moulder in dire need of an update as well as eshin.

(the masterclan is fine)

Edited by Skreech Verminking
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Ganigumo said:

Its still shocking to me that wanderers are going, but the flagellants and battle wizards are staying (without resculpts).
IMO wanderers were the best looking models in the entire cities of sigmar range before this release.
Years of abysmal rules probably have a big impact on sales though.

I mean if whitefang’s reaction are correct then it probably because Kurnothi is coming and this is more like what happen with the High elves being sunsetted when LRL came out. 

I actually think GW write abysmal rules on purpose sometimes on stuff they don’t have clear future with like Spiderfang in Gitz

1 hour ago, CDM said:

This wasn't as bad as expected.  I do wonder what it means for the lore, the Phoenicium being one. Hopefully wanderes and phoenix temples remain part of the lore though as forces that still have some part to play in established cities culture and defense.

I was wondering this read prince maesa not to long ago and seemed like a series they could expand on as he is a wanderer albeit exiled.

Maybe there will some explanations in the book some cities destroyed etc causing them  to be wiped out or turn to something else like wanderers kurnoth etc. Could be like in wow where they became blood elves and joined the horde.

Edited by Kempak
spelling

1 minute ago, novakai said:

I mean if whitefang’s reaction are correct then it probably because Kurnothi is coming and this is more like what happen with the High elves being sunsetted when LRL came out. 

I actually think GW write abysmal rules on purpose sometimes on stuff they don’t have clear future with like Spiderfang in Gitz

its shocking they phoenicium stayed around given all the other high elf stuff was squatted and GW clearly knew lumineth was coming at that point.

• Thanks 3

7 minutes ago, Ganigumo said:

its shocking they phoenicium stayed around given all the other high elf stuff was squatted and GW clearly knew lumineth was coming at that point.

Could just be that because High elf’s are in old world and it was now the time to remove the remaining stuff out of cities.

also it could be a sign that Tyrion is coming out soon for LRL and he is suppose to related to Phoenixes so his nation are maybe the replacement for Phoenix guard.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

I think we are pretty safe on that from what we have seen thus far. Expect winged monsters, strange shadow magic, mirror faces and strange geometry for Ulgu:
Malerion.jpg
Pict_Aelf.jpg
9KKLAlyNBOoEklIr.jpg
lrO8mstopznzMUEI.jpg

I feel like Cobra Commander look wouldn‘t be amiss on Tzeentch stuff too, especially if they add to the bunnyears etc. I hope DE continue in that style as opposed to the chain-assassin from Silver Tower though, it‘s way, way cooler than that dude was, the warcry warband rocked. 👍 Looking forward to the armored troop choices…

• Like 1

Good move from GW. I for one am fine with the suppression of duplicates - and yeah, the sooner WFB kits go back to their home in ToW, the better ! 

To be frank I also wished for Darkling Coven (not the Scourge !) to go back to ToW, as they are mainly associated with Har Kuron, Ulgu and Morathi, and it would have heralded the coming of Malerion's Ulgurothi... 

Oh and and at least upgrade sprues for Griphon, Luminark/Hurricanum and Steam tank, to hide the "Karl Franz" names everywhere. Anyway easy conversion ahead. 

Glad to have the new Artillery 100% confirmed too :) 

• Thanks 2

31 minutes ago, Kempak said:

I was wondering this read prince maesa not to long ago and seemed like a series they could expand on as he is a wanderer albeit exiled.

Maybe there will some explanations in the book some cities destroyed etc causing the  to be wiped out.

I don't think they'll do anything as dramatic as extinction of old subfactions, Swift-Hawk Agents are probably a better point of comparison. They still exist in the lore, technically, just far faaaaar in the background. It's also not like Wanderers ever had a major lore presence to begin with, outside the Prince Maesa stories they were pretty much ignored completely.

What I think will happen is that Kurnothi will come and be folded into Sylvaneth and replace Wanderers as the home for people looking for what used to the Wood Elf experience. But Wanderers will still maintain a small lore presence and may even get new model or two someday, many years down the road when the human side of CoS has been fully explored and GW becomes interested in expanding them slightly with more non-human aux forces.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

To be frank I also wished for Darkling Coven (not the Scourge !) to go back to ToW, as they are mainly associated with Har Kuron, Ulgu and Morathi, and it would have heralded the coming of Malerion's Ulgurothi... 

That's kind of why I don't like them as part of Cities, either. We already have a secret blood cult led by cruel sorceresses in Daughters of Khaine. Just seems confusing to double up on the theme.

Scourge Privateers and Order Serpentis are cool, though.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Ganigumo said:

Its still shocking to me that wanderers are going, but the flagellants and battle wizards are staying (without resculpts).
IMO wanderers were the best looking models in the entire cities of sigmar range before this release.
Years of abysmal rules probably have a big impact on sales though.
Edit: Griffon staying, with the new manticore, while demigryphs leaving is also a wierd choice.

Most likely they will get replaced as well. This really feels like a first wave and was a bit limited on what was cut/replaced. Seems like we will get more magic, religious, and steampunk stuff down the line.

As for the non human stuff I am not sure. Dark elves most likely safe until/if we get Malerion/shadow elves. Not sure what would replace pirates if Deepkin was not the answer? Dwarfs feel the safest out of what is left?

Really depends on if GW wants normal looking stuff back in Old World and Sigmar being the game with every faction looks crazy and extreme?

10 minutes ago, karbur said:

Isn't Tyrion said to be the Phoenix prince ?

He and his nation/army is hinted to be more Phoenix base, I was thinking he has his own spirit animal like Teclis has Celennar but his is a Phoenix and represent the sun while Celennar is a Sphinx and represent the moon.

of course they also have like two more temples left to explore in LRL.

• Like 2

Great ! My general on griffon that I spent 3 months getting painted stays in CoS ! I know, I know, it's a WFB kit full of Karl Franz iconography, and WFB should make way for AoS ones, but still it's a very beautiful kit that makes for a majestic and imposing centerpiece mini. I'm glad it stays. If you blend Karl, the generic general and the amber wizard's griffon breastplate, you can get a very cool mini that blends in well with the new Freeguilds. About the flagellants... well I guess this means this treasure trove of grimdark bits stays on. 

It's strange some of the best looking kits in Cities (Wanderers/Phenixes) are going down while the older DE stuff stays. 

HE kits leaving Cities always heralded replacement LRL kits. Now that the phenixes are leaving... make of this what you will. Me, I find it very "sus" indeed. 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, MitGas said:

I feel like Cobra Commander look wouldn‘t be amiss on Tzeentch stuff too, especially if they add to the bunnyears etc. I hope DE continue in that style as opposed to the chain-assassin from Silver Tower though, it‘s way, way cooler than that dude was, the warcry warband rocked. 👍 Looking forward to the armored troop choices…

Secretive Chaos Cultist in Ulgu are going to be absolute fire. Morathi's flitartions with Slaanesh worship in the Old World the Secretive cults of Tzeentch in a world of courtly murders and intrigue, Khorne creating blood lust in imperialistic lords looking to take space beyond the realm, Nurgle sowing sickness deep in the shadows. Lets not forget the Great Horned Rat and his minions in the darkness beneath and the strange Bestial forms that can crop up in a land of perpetual shadow. 

But yes some spikey elves with a mirrored mask where you turn the mists into colourful Tzeentchian haze will look utterly amazing.

I'm hoping for a CoS wave 2 later down the line to get rid of the remaining WFB models. Proper Scourge Privateers, Kharibdys moved to Idoneth with a new kit, cities Duardin, mixed units of Aelves/Humans/Duardin, proper realm mages instead of the battlemages, cogforts instead of steam tanks, etc.

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 2

If I go back just 3 years ago, I was begging for -

a reimagined Kroak (expectations were well and truly blown away),

-Plastic Angron (happened and it is what it says on the tin), 

-The Return of the Aelfs mentioned in the Lore in a style akin to Alarielle (Morathi and Teclis check).

Why do I keep wanting more? Why do I constantly keep thinking, nice, Now Morghur, Now, Malerion, Now Older style Good and Evil Dwarfs, Now plastic/Forgeworld Sauron (separate I know, but I still want). I don’t want to go deep into human condition or Psyche, but what is this near constant need and want for new reveals?  

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

3 minutes ago, Kronos said:

If I go back just 3 years ago, I was begging for -

a reimagined Kroak (expectations were well and truly blown away),

-Plastic Angron (happened and it is what it says on the tin), 

-The Return of the Aelfs mentioned in the Lore in a style akin to Alarielle (Morathi and Teclis check).

Why do I keep wanting more? Why do I constantly keep thinking, nice, Now Morghur, Now, Malerion, Now Older style Good and Evil Dwarfs, Now plastic/Forgeworld Sauron (separate I know, but I still want). I don’t want to go deep into human condition or Psyche, but what is this near constant need and want for new reveals?  

New things are fun and a sign of a thriving game, which is what we all want to see for AoS.

On top of that, since AoS the models are truly amazing and at least for me really inspire my creativity and imagination in what I want to see next.

• LOVE IT! 3

Feeling kind of miffed right now. I love TGA and generally people are normally enthusiastic for new models for factions that aren't there own.

But kind of sad that people seem to be celebrating loss of miniatures I like, and calling for others I like to go next ☹️

Grump over. Bring on the cannon preview. And the floating rock war alter.

Edited by EntMan
  • Like 14

Hard to feel like this move is "super wow pro player cool guy GW!" When my army is entirely models that are getting removed. They'll be fine proxies I suppose but I started this army when every army was getting their rules in the GHB and if they really were pro player they would have told us then which armies weren't actually going to be supported since they already knew...

• Like 1

Just now, EntMan said:

Feeling kind of miffed right now. I love TGA and generally people are normally enthusiastic for new models for factions that aren't there own.

But kind of sad that people seem to be celebrating loss if miniatures I like, and calling for others I like to go next ☹️

Grump over. Bring on the cannon preview. And the floating rock war alter.

I am with you here, the Corsairs and Duardin look fantastic, and I am sad to see the Wanderers go. But at the same time most people are hoping for updates and luckily we have the old world so I assume people are expecting the models to have some level of availability. 

Personally I think that people will see how great these models look together once running mixed factions. Also there was so much redundancy between the Aelven ranges so luckily people will still be able to run their Phoniex Guard as Black Guard and their Phoniex's as Dragons. Honestly I am quite thankful how many models survived the culling.