The Rumour Thread

Oh deeper sea creatures could also introduce a lower caste of deep sea dwellers that even the Idoneth view as legend, soulless aelven mutants that arrive in secret with more fishlike appearance lead by cephalopod-headed horrors.
---
Although I would much rather AOS, I think between this and the possible Kroot Rumour engine I am thinking it would be really cool to get a fully fledged Tau Auxiliary army to flesh out minor Xenos in 40k.

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Gitzdee said:

I wonder what happened to the member that threw around rumours of Underworlds some time ago that always seemed accurate (forgot the name).

Sadly I dont have source anymore, but there was 10 seasons done when he left and currently we are in s8. That is last piece I know 😄

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4
  • LOVE IT! 2

11 hours ago, Segersgia said:

I don’t think HW wants to be known as a rumourmonger, in fairness. I think it might jeopardize some old colleagues of him to consistently and loudly say he knows stuff from insider knowledge. 

Exactly, he just passes on what he's heard. Some other stuff he mentioned in recent months off the top of my head, include that GHB would be wizard focused, changes to rally etc. 

He doesn't hype them up though, or use them as clickbait. He just drops them into conversation or in response to speculation in the chat, with the caveat that it's what he's heard, and it might not be the case.

You've got to remember that all of the battletome leaks recently have been from THW. He provides a fantastic service to the community. 

• Like 5

19 hours ago, Ogregut said:

I think if he had any goodwill or contacts with GW, it would have dried up ages ago. 

Plus if GW were to use a YouTuber to give out info (not sure why they would when they have their own social media channels), surely they would use a channel with a bigger following and someone they have a working relationship with. 

Why? I don't know where you are getting that from. Contacts with GW do not have to be official and sanctioned by the company. Rather in this case he is likely in contact with employees who he knew from his time there.

I think you are assuming that because he is an ex-GW employee he is somehow still connected to them, that is not the case he is very critical of GW and often spends a lot of time recomending alternatives that might be cheaper, or critiquing them on the pay they give their employees. He is not a GW outlet or mouthpiece, he is someone who used to work there who probably still has contacts within the company.

13 hours ago, The Brotherhood of Necros said:

Would fit the lure theme they have going on across various models/lore. And I struggle to think they’d go with a beastie as generic and non-copyrightable as a kraken. Fingers crossed… 

I would LOVE to see your take on Angler Idoneth mate!!

11 hours ago, Norray said:

Sadly I dont have source anymore, but there was 10 seasons done when he left and currently we are in s8. That is last piece I know 😄

Mate you legend!! At least, what, 16 more Warbands outside of this season?

6 hours ago, Nezzhil said:

Today is a good day to see the Blacktalon's Thunderstrike model. 🤩

Since they just showed the old model again in today newest article I sadly don't think there will be a new thunderstrike Blacktalon today

Edited by Matrindur
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Goatforce said:

Why? I don't know where you are getting that from. Contacts with GW do not have to be official and sanctioned by the company. Rather in this case he is likely in contact with employees who he knew from his time there.

I think you are assuming that because he is an ex-GW employee he is somehow still connected to them, that is not the case he is very critical of GW and often spends a lot of time recomending alternatives that might be cheaper, or critiquing them on the pay they give their employees. He is not a GW outlet or mouthpiece, he is someone who used to work there who probably still has contacts within the company.

I don't assume he has connections officially and while true he might have contacts of old workmates it would surprise me. 

I saw him and others film a game at warhammer world yeses ago when GW streamed games and he wasn't very pleasant to the other employees. It could have been he was having a bad day but I wasn't surprised to find out GW and him had parted ways not long afterwards. 

I also find it so hypocritical for the YouTubers who are very critical of GW, that's not to say they shouldn't be called out on bad products or when they ****** up such as with cursed city, but to criticise everything while making money off the back of them just doesn't sit right with me. 

To keep this on thread, maybe this year's Warhammer+ model is a thunderstrile Blacktalon. 

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

maybe this year's Warhammer+ model is a thunderstrile Blacktalon. 

Hope not. WH+ models are always exclusive and found nowhere else on the GW webstore. Making a warscroll entry 100% exclusive to WH+ would be disastrous. WH+ models should be alernative versions of existing ones like they did with the Megaboss and Vindicare last year. Please don't gate a genuine unique BT entry behind a WH+ subscription. 

7 hours ago, Nezzhil said:

Today is a good day to see the Blacktalon's Thunderstrike model. 🤩

No. More. Stormcasts.

Not until FEC, Ironjawz, Bonesplitterz, Ogors, Spiderfang, DOK, Idoneth and several others get their 2nd waves. Not to mention factions like Kurnothi or Shadow Aelves get their premiere...

Edited by Aeryenn
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 4

9 minutes ago, Aeryenn said:

No. More. Stormcasts.

Not until FEC, Ironjawz, Bonesplitterz, Ogors, Spiderfang, DOK, Idoneth get their 2nd waves. Not to mention factions like Kurnothi or Shadow Aelves get their premiere...

A character like Neave absolutely deserves a new, good quality model. AoS shows are a great thing, and there should be more of them.

Models of named characters, and more known named characters are a great way to bring more interest to the setting and the lore.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Ogregut said:

I don't assume he has connections officially and while true he might have contacts of old workmates it would surprise me. 

while this sounds quite funny considering the person literally in the same room when he's streaming (spoiler: someone who was working for GW until very recently. If you're curious go look at today's episode on Star Wars Shatterpoint), one could also refer to his recent appearence on the Painting Phase channel, which is hosted by people who were working at GW quite recently. Basically, hope you're ready to be surprised!

21 minutes ago, Aeryenn said:

No. More. Stormcasts.

Not until FEC, Ironjawz, Bonesplitterz, Ogors, Spiderfang, DOK, Idoneth and several others get their 2nd waves. Not to mention factions like Kurnothi or Shadow Aelves get their premiere...

No, more Stormcasts!

• Like 3
  • Haha 7

This talk of Neave does make me wonder if we might see Thunderstrike Vanguard-Chamber in 4.0.

Granted, Vigilors already kind of dig into that niche a bit but I do find it funny that the rangers/scouts of the Stormcast currently wear  heavier armour than the more recent models.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Marcvs said:

while this sounds quite funny considering the person literally in the same room when he's streaming (spoiler: someone who was working for GW until very recently. If you're curious go look at today's episode on Star Wars Shatterpoint), one could also refer to his recent appearence on the Painting Phase channel, which is hosted by people who were working at GW quite recently. Basically, hope you're ready to be surprised!

I don't watch his channel. In fact I watch very few you tube channels anymore, they all were all becoming very samey, I'll rather listen to an audiobook now while painting. 

45 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Hope not. WH+ models are always exclusive and found nowhere else on the GW webstore. Making a warscroll entry 100% exclusive to WH+ would be disastrous. WH+ models should be alernative versions of existing ones like they did with the Megaboss and Vindicare last year. Please don't gate a genuine unique BT entry behind a WH+ subscription. 

You're probably right as having thunderstrike armour would mean new rules. 

We should be seeing the new Warhammer+ models soon. Anyone remember when they were revealed last year? 

8 hours ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

Exactly, he just passes on what he's heard. Some other stuff he mentioned in recent months off the top of my head, include that GHB would be wizard focused, changes to rally etc. 

He doesn't hype them up though, or use them as clickbait. He just drops them into conversation or in response to speculation in the chat, with the caveat that it's what he's heard, and it might not be the case.

You've got to remember that all of the battletome leaks recently have been from THW. He provides a fantastic service to the community. 

TBF he also been wrong about many other rumors as well 

but like all rumors just take it with a grain of salt, it much too early to take any 4 edition rumors seriously at this point as much as Skaven is the betting favorite

2 hours ago, PJetski said:

No, more Stormcasts!

Turning Stormcasts into AoS Space Marines would be the biggest disappointment. 40k is so boring when they spam dozens of same looking models just with different names. Hope AoS will be better than that.

Look at GW store. 68 Stormcast related products. That's the same as DoK, Fyreslayers, Idoneth Deepkin and Kharadron Overlords combined. It's just silly.

IMG_20230614_192255.jpg

Edited by Aeryenn
  • Like 7
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Aeryenn said:

Turning Stormcasts into AoS Space Marines would be the biggest disappointment. 40k is so boring when they spam dozens of same looking models just with different names. Hope AoS will be better than that.

That would be very bad, but they're nowhere near that point yet, and a few named heroes won't change that either. Dawnbringers is actually looking great for every faction so far, it would be weird for SCE to get nothing out of it, especially since they are so important to CoS lore.

• Like 9

8 minutes ago, Aeryenn said:

Look at GW store. 68 Stormcast related products. That's the same as DoK, Fyreslayers, Idoneth Deepkin and Kharadron Overlords combined. It's just silly.

I agree it'd be a disappointment. But the introduction of Thunderstrike armour following the introduction of Primaris Marines makes me pessimistic that GW has the 'lets do with them what we do with Space Marines' plan for Stormcasts.

19 minutes ago, Aeryenn said:

IMG_20230614_192255.jpg

That's sad to see...

• Like 1