The Rumour Thread

Interestingly in a video the youtuber Honest Wargamer said that he knew the 4th Edition box was SCE vs Scaven. Not sure if he has some solid leak that I haven't heard about or maybe he is going off Whitefang here 😂 But either way he seemed pretty certain.

27 minutes ago, Goatforce said:

Interestingly in a video the youtuber Honest Wargamer said that he knew the 4th Edition box was SCE vs Scaven. Not sure if he has some solid leak that I haven't heard about or maybe he is going off Whitefang here 😂 But either way he seemed pretty certain.

Would lean towards him having his own sources, but they could be an overlap. The stuff the Honest Wargamer leaked about Old World and 40k recently shows how a lot of the Youtubers share rumors and leaks. Valrak and Auspex Tactics come to mind.

Edited by RyantheFett
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Goatforce said:

Pretty sure it's just he is going of Whitefang - listened to the Podcast version and thought he said that it sounds likes. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Azamar said:

Are they artefacts? Or a unique enhancement like aspects of the champion?

Nope, I was wrong!

It seems that they are not Artifacts. A bit weird because they are clearly items that your heroes carry around (in other words, Artifacts), but it seems that they are another type of enhancement!

17 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

GHB Preview. Wizard focus this time around. Also this looks like it'll be running until 4.0.

Will this be the meta that finally makes Null Myriad good? I honestly see them becoming either oppressive or still too niche to use (in which case, they will just never be worth it).

Anyway, since we are getting Harbingers stuff and the GHB, we are inching closer and closer to the Hype Zone for Cities of Sigmar:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/03/zt8cFBUNWZ0Vd3EM.jpg

Makes me wonder, will Dawnbringers I and II contain any references to the new Cities stuff? It seems like they would have to. Would be weird to have two of the books about the Dawnbringer Crusades not featuring any of the new Freeguild stuff.

Also, will Cities of Sigmar jump the queue and have a starter box come out before Dawnbringers II? I definitely hope so.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Will this be the meta that finally makes Null Myriad good? I honestly see them becoming either oppressive or still too niche to use (in which case, they will just never be worth it).

Anyway, since we are getting Harbingers stuff and the GHB, we are inching closer and closer to the Hype Zone for Cities of Sigmar:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/03/zt8cFBUNWZ0Vd3EM.jpg

Makes me wonder, will Dawnbringers I and II contain any references to the new Cities stuff? It seems like they would have to. Would be weird to have two of the books about the Dawnbringer Crusades not featuring any of the new Freeguild stuff.

Also, will Cities of Sigmar jump the queue and have a starter box come out before Dawnbringers II? I definitely hope so.

My bet is :

July : GH2023 + Dawnbringers book 1 + 4 harbingers/boxes

August: Cities of Sigmar armyset

September: Cities full release

Orruktober : Dawnbringers book 2 + mawgruntas + ???

November : Dawnbgringers book 3 + kurnothi/fyreslayers/idoneth ??

January : Fec refresh

February  : Dawnbringers book 4 + death releases ??

image.png.5a65f5cd12a83b41dee3b82fd45479

• Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 1

3 minutes ago, cyrus said:

My bet is :

Thanks for grabbing the newest roadmap. I thought I had the wrong one but couldn't find the one you posted for some reason.

50 minutes ago, cyrus said:

My bet is :

My problem is that the Roadmap only says 2023, and other Roadmaps includes 2024 too. I think we are going to get a book 5 and another battletome before the end of the edition.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

My problem is that the Roadmap only says 2023, and other Roadmaps includes 2024 too. I think we are going to get a book 5 and another battletome before the end of the edition.

We still need FEC to come out at least, and I would expect another new faction possibly. Expansions of Orruks and Kurnothi/Sylvaneth can in theory be done through Dawnbringers without the need for a new Battletome for those factions.

I hope to see chaos dwarves before the end of the edition, personally.

9 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

We still need FEC to come out at least, and I would expect another new faction possibly. Expansions of Orruks and Kurnothi/Sylvaneth can in theory be done through Dawnbringers without the need for a new Battletome for those factions.

I hope to see chaos dwarves before the end of the edition, personally.

Kurnothi/Sylvaneth could be a Warcry Warband as the Fyreslayers or the Ogors updates too. I'm expecting only a few named heroes and one or two middle campaign updates.

The rumours are mixing all the games when we are gonna get a big Autumn if we count Underworlds + Warcry + AoS as one universe.

Edited by Nezzhil
  • Like 2

• Subscriber
13 hours ago, Kempak said:

thoughts on nurgle box seems like start collecting of old with a new leader if it under £60 tempted.

While I'd prefer the Harbringer was released on his own, this isn't a bad box as the other sculpts are cool and can be assembled in such a way to not be copies if you have those units already. 

16 hours ago, Kempak said:

thoughts on nurgle box seems like start collecting of old with a new leader if it under £60 tempted.

It and the Vanguard make a nice little 1500 point starting point for a Maggotkin collection with the duplicated units having the variety needed to keep them looking distinct.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, RyantheFett said:

The stuff the Honest Wargamer leaked about Old World and 40k recently shows how a lot of the Youtubers share rumors and leaks. Valrak and Auspex Tactics come to mind.

I don't really get it. How do the Warhammer Youtubers share rumours and leaks ? Like they have a specific way to annouce rumours on videos ? I can't think of anything specific to Youtuber leaks apart from clickbait titles and thumbnails with large letters and flashy images.

5 hours ago, cyrus said:

My bet is :

The fact you put IDK/FS are because of Whitefang rumours (in case of FS) and/or the mystery IDK/FS units the playtesters allegedly saw but were cut from their respective BTs ?
Also as @Nezzhil said, road is 2023 only, so that means book 4 in december I think. According to GW, autumn is september/october/november and "winter 2023" means only december. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

I don't really get it. How do the Warhammer Youtubers share rumours and leaks ? Like they have a specific way to annouce rumours on videos ? I can't think of anything specific to Youtuber leaks apart from clickbait titles and thumbnails with large letters and flashy images.

The fact you put IDK/FS are because of Whitefang rumours (in case of FS) and/or the mystery IDK/FS units the playtesters allegedly saw but were cut from their respective BTs ?
Also as @Nezzhil said, road is 2023 only, so that means book 4 in december I think. According to GW, autumn is september/october/november and "winter 2023" means only december. 

Youtubers will keep an eye on forums like this and often just repeat what they hear. To make money, they have to make content so will often repeat any rumour no matter how vauge. 

People then only tend to remember when something turns out right and thus think the YouTuber has sources and people who pass them info when in fact people like Varak and the honest wargamer are most likely blacklisted by GW for breaking NDIs or something similar. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I agree : window for COS reveals seems to be opening wide again (since apart from Cities we already know about, there'e no more AoS reveals waiting to be released). I'm hoping for something in early July...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

Youtubers will keep an eye on forums like this and often just repeat what they hear. To make money, they have to make content so will often repeat any rumour no matter how vauge. 

I feel for people who are trying to make a living off YouTube. Generating clickbait must be soul-crushing.

Especially for a niche market appeal game like Age of Sigmar...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

People then only tend to remember when something turns out right

Yeah, even Valrak, even if he has a good rumour track record, has said some inaccurate stuff too. I find out that the more a Youtuber does rumour stuff, the more he's likely to be wrong. Valrak used to do fewer rumours before and even then they were like at a 66% chance of being right. Now he's doing tons of rumourmonging with 10th around the corner and I think 90% of it is just fake. The reason why Whitefang has a 95% accuracy track record on his rumours is because he posts 5 words of rumours every month (if we're lucky) and a like every now and then. 

When we're talking about leaks and rumours, quantity always means it's likely rubbish : it's the little, vague, few and far between rumours that tend to be the true ones. 

• Like 6

51 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

People then only tend to remember when something turns out right and thus think the YouTuber has sources and people who pass them info when in fact people like Varak and the honest wargamer are most likely blacklisted by GW for breaking NDIs or something similar. 

In a lot of cases yes, but unless there is a vid I haven't seen HonestWargamer just mentioned it when talking about something else entirely, it was not part of any clickbait at all, the video was about the new generals handbook and was titled as such:

About 4:40 in he mentions it quite offhandedly. As you can see definitely not playing it for clicks. Quite possible he is getting the info from Whitefang though, but he has been accurate on rumours and such before himself I think. He used to work for GW so it is possible he knows people there who tell him things.

• Like 2