The Rumour Thread

13 hours ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

-Fyreslayer Holdseekers

Lost Slayers looking to settle

Sounds like even more foot heroes/characters. Hopefully they have some demidroths or female duardin.

Any fyreslayer news is good news though 😍

• Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 1

Are there any rumors about the Dawnbringer campaign? Any wishlist?

I'm really interested to see if there will be any alternative list/army, enhancements, detachments or whatever. Anything that shakes up the meta and changes how an army plays seems good, appart from the narrative scenarios and all this type of stuff.

As an anecdote, a few weeks ago, I saw a 6th edition tournament with a Dark Elf player that had a Sorcerer punching people with a powerfist. I've talked a bit with the player and I discovered that there was some type of campaign that let some armies take 40k weapons or artifacts (Auspex, Powerfist, etc...). Where is my Admiral with powerfists GW?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Snarff said:

Sounds like even more foot heroes/characters. Hopefully they have some demidroths or female duardin.

Any fyreslayer news is good news though 😍

A whole unit of dynamically swapped mixed gender Fyreslayers would be awesome!!

• LOVE IT! 1

56 minutes ago, Beliman said:

I'm really interested to see if there will be any alternative list/army, enhancements, detachments or whatever. Anything that shakes up the meta and changes how an army plays seems good, appart from the narrative scenarios and all this type of stuff.

As an anecdote, a few weeks ago, I saw a 6th edition tournament with a Dark Elf player that had a Sorcerer punching people with a powerfist. I've talked a bit with the player and I discovered that there was some type of campaign that let some armies take 40k weapons or artifacts (Auspex, Powerfist, etc...). Where is my Admiral with powerfists GW?

Da second book is da greeniest book!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Beliman said:

http://redelf.narod.ru/w6/albion/a_treasures.html

Treasures of the Old Ones. Armour of the Gods (aka Power Armour) for High Elves was sooo good for mere 35 points.

Must say it felt weird having no mini reveal yesterday... But it was Pentecost, I understand why. Didn't knew the Brits had the day off tho. 

16 hours ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Might as well cross-post these Cities rumours:

It's great see rumours pop up again. However I remain skeptical on this one. There's some things that I think are right here, mainly all the CoS stuff, because they come from well educated guesses that correlate with Whitefang hints, GW teases and the general structure of a Warhammer army and its big release. 

It's on the Warcry warbands that I'm skeptical. Most of it looks like a TGA wishlist. It's almost like OP took a look at @KingBrodd's replies on this thread (specifically his wish of IDK/FS warbands) and made it a rumour. Things here make sense, like I think a GSG and NH warband, because those are ever popular factions, but the rest looks a little "sus".
Yeah and also the burner account dropping that doesn't help either. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Must say it felt weird having no mini reveal yesterday... But it was Pentecost, I understand why. Didn't knew the Brits had the day off tho. 

It's great see rumours pop up again. However I remain skeptical on this one. There's some things that I think are right here, mainly all the CoS stuff, because they come from well educated guesses that correlate with Whitefang hints, GW teases and the general structure of a Warhammer army and its big release. 

It's on the Warcry warbands that I'm skeptical. Most of it looks like a TGA wishlist. It's almost like OP took a look at @KingBrodd's replies on this thread (specifically his wish of IDK/FS warbands) and made it a rumour. Things here make sense, like I think a GSG and NH warband, because those are ever popular factions, but the rest looks a little "sus".
Yeah and also the burner account dropping that doesn't help either. 

In general, new accounts posting stuff that matches with our best guesses is not really a mark against a rumour. It's more or less what we should expect. If this list ends up being fake, whoever wrote it is definitely following the CoS rumours very closely.

But I also find the Warcry warbands to be the most suspicious. Especially their names and the fact that they are based on established concepts when the last few Warcry releases mostly were not.

Ok so Whitefang laugh reacted my latest post... make of this what you will, but I think it's a haha react that has the same meaning as the one left by our Gargant King moderator... As if, someone's been paying attention at what kept recurring in this thread as wishlists, which just so happens to have become a rumor now. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Ok so Whitefang laugh reacted my latest post... make of this what you will, but I think it's a haha react that has the same meaning as the one left by our Gargant King moderator... As if, someone's been paying attention at what kept recurring in this thread as wishlists, which just so happens to have become a rumor now. 

Also confirmed in mortals redesign thread that its a fake. 

• Like 2

Just now, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Well that was one of the quickest resolved rumours ever, we won't have to spend much time on it. Morale of the story Whitefang is really commited to quality rumourmonguing in TGA. 

To be fair to the good old 'Fang they gave us a day to have our fun speculating before shutting it down.

53 minutes ago, Chikout said:

Looks like the other end of this. 2023-03-14.jpg.369c22786a44a10d001c3e1c3b360c4e.jpg

So I'm saying Kroot as someone pointed out earlier that the runes look like Kroot ones. 

Not completely sold but I guess in that light, this new rumour engine looks a little like some of the kroot ammo cartridges.

Silly aside but I was reading the Genestealer Cults article and it made me realize how cool it would be to have a similar army in AOS that is partially composed of Cities of Sigmar models in secret service to another force and then I realized that would be such a cool way to integrate Silent People. Human cultists that wish to wake their Insectoid Overlords but otherwise blend into the forces of order. They can have cool heroes that are awakened Silent People issuing forth secret decrees on how to help awaken their slumbering brethren and then there could be parasitic entities attached to humans to fill out the reset of the force. 

I dunno just a strange thought that occurred while reading the article. 

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 2