The Rumour Thread

49 minutes ago, RileyArlic said:

I feel you. Been that way for Emperor's Children for 3 editions now. 

I hope to see them in 10th. It's the last god to be represented on the Chaos Space Marine armies. I just hope that their roster is a bit more "rounded" than 1kSons and World Eaters. To bad for Night Lords & non-aligned Chaos Marines... we are back to Black Legion.

We have Horus Heresy too, that has unique characters and units, but it's not the same.

5 hours ago, Twisted Firaun said:

Primaris Grombrindal Warhammer + Exclusive Resin model.

And they'll reveal new HUUUUGE waves for Stormcasts and Lumineth while Fyreslayers, Ogors, IDK, Skaven AND Beastmen get one 😱 plastic hero each! WEEEEEEEEE!

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

3 minutes ago, Matrindur said:

Price lists for GBP and Euro

[Thumb - IMG_1371.jpeg][Thumb - IMG_1370.jpeg]

Pricy as always. We can now do the box set calculation. The slaan, Saurus and 1 box of raptadons is £130 so you get the second set of raptadons, the book and the cards for the same price. 

The box set is still available. I told myself I'd wait for cities but the existence of that box is a constant temptation. I'd almost prefer it if it sold out. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chikout said:

Pricy as always. We can now do the box set calculation. The slaan, Saurus and 1 box of raptadons is £130 so you get the second set of raptadons, the book and the cards for the same price. 

The box set is still available. I told myself I'd wait for cities but the existence of that box is a constant temptation. I'd almost prefer it if it sold out. 

Be like Nike and Palpatine! Do it! 😍 

I wish I wasn‘t so ~loyal to Tzeentch~ erm ****** lazy, else I‘d also totally do it. 🤭 Skaven, Seraphon, Cities, Beastmen… lots of factions I‘d love to call my own. The new Seraphon minis are absolutely amazing.

1 hour ago, Matrindur said:

With those prices the Vanguard will for sure not be the army set, maybe a reduced version (only one raptadon unit?) but probably something else entirely 

I imagine it will be something else entirely.

The vanguard boxes follow a general pattern of foot hero + general battleline unit + cavalry/elite unit + other battleline/calvary/elite unit. Some boxes don't follow this pattern mostly due to them having older kits that are cheaper compared to more recent ones (tzeentch, ogors). All the vanguards so far also fall into the 120~140 price range if you just sum the individual kits with the GW store values.

All that been said, I imagine the Seraphon vanguard will be something similar to Starpriest + Saurus warriors + Aggradons/Kroxigors/Chargers + Bastiladon/Aggradons/Kroxigors/Chargers/Riders. I doubt we gonna seem skinks due to they having the older unit size with extra models by sprue, which is something they avoid with all the vanguards so far.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

OH MY SIGMAR I LOVE THEM!

I was wondering how they were going to have single human officers, and the Relic Envoy is a really good compromise between single guy and command squad imo.

Like to see that the Marshal has plenty of weapon and cosmetic options, including awesome helmet that will only ever be in someone's hand with no hope of putting it on their head no. 23 that's a really nice evolution of the standard Freeguild Guard bucket.

My only criticism would be that the double pistol pose looks a little funky, but I think him looking the way the pistols are pointing would improve that by a lot (and also not dual wielding them 😛). Pistols size-wise are really nice imo, I think it's fitting that it looks like it could blow right through a Chaos Warrior's chestplate.

Did I say how much I love this and the entire refresh already?

• Like 6

In addition to the actual sculpts, I'm liking the slightly more 'realistic', gritty way they've been painting the cloth and metal of these models. Definitely fits the tone better than the usually quite garish, overly highlighted method 'Eavy Metal usually go for. 

Glad both of them have two feet on the ground and aren't compulsively leaping off a Tactical Rock either.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 8
  • LOVE IT! 1

Those are fantastic. Honestly the first models GW have revealed in a long time that have blown me away the first time I'm looking at them! Not at all cluttered, striking poses and nice chunky details for ease of painting! Even the tactile rocks look decent and plausible for a battlefield!

I love those 'hand' cannons. I can just imagine him up in the gunsmiths just going 'NO BIGGER!' to everything on offer until he is all but wheeling about small dwarven cannons! 🤣

I do hope this is part of the battleline set and not some €50 character kit. There is no way I am going to be able to choose between any of the poses shown here and its begging for more customisation on top! I'm hoping there is an easy way to get a bundle of these! (Or hopefully its the one kit they throw in every battleforce/vanguard/start collecting set so it becomes easy to end up with plenty of them anyway!!)

• Like 3

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

In addition to the actual sculpts, I'm liking the slightly more 'realistic', gritty way they've been painting the cloth and metal of these models. Definitely fits the tone better than the usually quite garish, overly highlighted method 'Eavy Metal usually go for. 

Glad both of them have two feet on the ground and aren't compulsively leaping off a Tactical Rock either.

Both the paint job and the sculpts are making me think more of the more grounded A Song of Ice & Fire minis than the AoS 1.0 era super fantastical troops and if I'm honest, I'm down for that. 

• Like 7
  • Sad 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

3 minutes ago, SunStorm said:

Both the paint job and the sculpts are making me think more of the more grounded A Song of Ice & Fire minis than the AoS 1.0 era super fantastical troops and if I'm honest, I'm down for that. 

This is spot on, there’s something about them that calls back to that even more than WHFB.

• Like 5

Wow, those new minis are spot on! Loving the armor/clothes on them (I really like the“tree-like“ trim design and choice of colors, that‘s how you do it! 👌👌👌👌👌

i wasn‘t impressed by the first images of the basic troops but now that I‘ve seen more, I think this army will be one of the best updates GW ever did… and they‘ve really a lot if great ones in recent years!

• Like 5