The Rumour Thread

6 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Not sure if this was posted yet. Quite a few short stories look to have been reprinted here, including all the Eight Lamentations and Callis & Toll stories. Looks to be a great omnibus to throw at people interested in 'grass roots' AoS. Plus, Blightslayer is slated for May.

zOmVFIp5DRUsO6tb.jpg

• City of Secrets, a Warhammer Age of Sigmar Novella by Nick Horth
  • Callis & Toll: The Silver Shard, a Warhammer Age of Sigmar Novel by Nick Horth
  • Heart of Winter, a Warhammer Age of Sigmar Novella by Nick Horth
  • Thieves’ Paradise, a Warhammer Age of Sigmar Novella by Nick Horth
  • Callis & Toll: The Old Ways, a Warhammer Age of Sigmar Short Story by Nick Horth
  • Eight Lamentations: Spear of Shadows, a Warhammer Age of Sigmar Novel by Josh Reynolds
  • Eight Lamentations: The Tained Axe, a Warhammer Age of Sigmar Short Story by Josh Reynolds
  • Eight Lamentations: Auction of Blood, a Warhammer Age of Sigmar Short Story by Josh Reynolds
  • The Red Hours, a Warhammer Age of Sigmar Novella by Evan Dicken

That is an incredible looking line up!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Not sure if this was posted yet. Quite a lot of things look to have been included here, including all the printed Eight Lamentations and Callis & Toll stories. Looks to be a great omnibus to throw at people interested in 'grass roots' AoS. Plus, Blightslayer is slated for May.

zOmVFIp5DRUsO6tb.jpg

• City of Secrets, a Warhammer Age of Sigmar Novella by Nick Horth
  • Callis & Toll: The Silver Shard, a Warhammer Age of Sigmar Novel by Nick Horth
  • Heart of Winter, a Warhammer Age of Sigmar Novella by Nick Horth
  • Thieves’ Paradise, a Warhammer Age of Sigmar Novella by Nick Horth
  • Callis & Toll: The Old Ways, a Warhammer Age of Sigmar Short Story by Nick Horth
  • Eight Lamentations: Spear of Shadows, a Warhammer Age of Sigmar Novel by Josh Reynolds
  • Eight Lamentations: The Tained Axe, a Warhammer Age of Sigmar Short Story by Josh Reynolds
  • Eight Lamentations: Auction of Blood, a Warhammer Age of Sigmar Short Story by Josh Reynolds
  • The Red Hours, a Warhammer Age of Sigmar Novella by Evan Dicken

I tweeted GW about the coming soon page yesterday, which hadn't been updated since January. It's almost like they had forgotten about it until they saw my tweet. 

Anyway I've read everything in that omnibus and it's all fantastic. A very highly recommend collection. 

The last Volari is also coming in April. I'm quite curious about that one. It's seems that gw is pretty much sticking to a cadence of one book a month. That's a pretty good pace. I really hope they have several more cities focused books coming after the battletome. I'd especially like to see something new from Nick Horth. 

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, EntMan said:

Really annoys me that this is for 40k and Space Marine related. Typical GW, need to show AoS a bit of love! 

Hopefully it'll have kitbash potential to use in Mortal Realms workouts though.

Ghal Maraz is the titular Warhammer after all. I did like when they warned us not to leave it out in moonlight.
Deity_Bad_Moon_01.png

• Like 4

Reading through the Ogor Mawtribes 3.0 tome, I only just picked it up(!?)

There are references to Duardin who live underground. Could this be the name of the 'Dispossessed Faction'!?

Kharadron Overlords of the Sky and the Underlords of the mountains!!

20230401_180657.jpg

20230401_180702.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

There are references to Duardin who live underground. Could this be the name of the 'Dispossessed Faction'!?

20230401_180657.jpg

20230401_180702.jpg

Oh that was in their 2019 tome too. I think it was more a play on “you are what you eat” so they devoured the Underlords to become Underguts who are just as gun crazy.

I really like those tribes because besides being a new idea for Ulgu their albino skin, making large firearms armaments & explosives underground and attacking by suddenly exploding out of the earth and swarming enemies with their numbers, pale subterranean beasts and guns puts me in mind that the Underguts are AoS’ version of Gears of War Locusts.

4048373892_641e44ffd8_b.jpg

I have theorized before though that the Underlords may have had a hand in causing Terrorgheists tho. Their AoS origin is they were a native species in Ulgu but went extinct  and regrew their ecology in the afterlives of Shyish. That much hunting underground cavern creatures seems like a very Gun-obsessed Ulgulian duardin thing to do*.

It’s a good resurgence story at least going from dead species to venerated in another world with even gaining god-beast connections.(imagine if the Dodo did that? Came back for revenge as killer zombie dodo’s with a bird god for what we did)

Untitled-design-4.png

“There are many tales about the origins of the Terrorgheists. Some say they were once the noble mounts of vampires, kept alive long after death by dark magic. Others believe they came to Shyish from Ulgu to feed on death itself, but were enslaved by Nagash and gifted to his vampire servants. All that is known for sure is that the last living Terrorgheists have long since vanished. Now they exist only as undead slaves, to be corrupted and controlled by those with the power to master them. They inhabit dark haunts throughout the realms, in towers and caves where they hang upside down in repose. Hundreds of monstrous bats are drawn to these places, the creatures burrowing inside the sleeping Terrorgheist. When the monster is slain, these lesser bats burst forth. If one of the bats is caught, it can be taken to the king and nourished with his blood and magic, until it grows into a new Terrorgheist.”

“They are the remnants of an ancient chiropteran race that used to prey upon megafauna and leeched them dry of blood. Many were hunted to extinction or otherwise starved when the spread of civilisation robbed them of their favoured prey and they retreated into caves and vaults to die, embittered and voracious and it was these corpses that early necromancers discovered and raised as Terrorgheists, their hunger now magnified by the dark that animates them”

“While they are mostly associated with the abhorrants of Ushoran as they find kinship with these creatures Soulblight vampires also seek out Terrorgheists to add to their menageries not entirely for battle. The Terrorgheist is a feared symbol of Shyish across the realms, an undead alpha-predator that the Soulblight nobility. Goblets overflowing with fresh blood are raised in toast to Morbheg, the dreaded father of Terrorgheists, who is said to have supped upon the ichor of godbeasts and many dynasties use elaborate coat of arms incorporating the Terrorgheist. Khirogarvii from Ghur, an offshoot of the Avengorii even worship every Terrorgheist as a shard of Nagash’s black soul, cladding themselves in armour and capes made from Terrorgheist remains to better achieve communion with Nagash.”

*Also actual shadow duardin are a thing in the Realm of Ulgu:

”Though they are largely the same in appearance as other Duardin they are known for having a heightened sensitivity to light, especially their eyes. To mitigate this they wear eye coverings, such as goggles, when visiting other Realms.

They are very similar in culture to other groups of Dispossessed Duardin. Though they are known to be even more suspicious of others than their kin, for in the Realm of Ulgu honesty is a rare commodity and a hasty contract can be full of unseen perils”

https://ageofsigmar.lexicanum.com/wiki/Shadow_Duardin

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Perhaps we could see a 'Boarding Patrol-type' expansion for AoS in the future? Rather than the interior of a spacecraft, it would be the interior of the underground dungeons that sprawl the Mortal Realms. Would be cool for AoS 4.0 and I would love a full fantasy plastic dungeon board kit similar to the Boarding Actions Terrain Kit for 40k. It would fit really well with the aforementioned "Duradin Underlords", "Underguts", Skaven etc, as well. I want AoS Mine of Moria. 🙃

Edited by Hollow
  • Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, Hollow said:

Perhaps we could see a 'Boarding Patrol-type' expansion for AoS in the future? Rather than the interior of a spacecraft, it would be the interior of the underground dungeons that sprawl the Mortal Realms. Would be cool for AoS 4.0 and I would love a full fantasy plastic dungeon board kit similar to the Boarding Actions Terrain Kit for 40k. It would fit really well with the aforementioned "Duradin Underlords", "Underguts", Skaven etc, as well. I want AoS Mine of Moria. 🙃

Some people here have been throwing around the theory of the next Warcry season going 'into' the crashed Seraphon ship that the current season has revolved around finding, with Seraphon-themed dungeon-crawling terrain.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 8
  • LOVE IT! 2

1 hour ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Some people here have been throwing around the theory of the next Warcry season going 'into' the crashed Seraphon ship that the current season has revolved around finding, with Seraphon-themed dungeon-crawling terrain.

I would love that! That terrain would be an immediate purchase. 

I'm curious if they go into the crashed ship would we see another Seraphon warband? Maybe this is also where the rumor of the "spawning pool" terrain started. 

• LOVE IT! 1

2 hours ago, Hollow said:

Yes!! Just like the Khazad Dum expansion for MESBG!!

• LOVE IT! 1

15 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

20230401_180657.jpg

20230401_180702.jpg

I think it's just the one of dispossessed faction like root kings. 

I feel that the third duardin faction we will get is Gholemkind to be honest. Something like powered by Grungni's magic living constructs. Would be interesting if they will have actual wizards and "synaps-like" ability.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cofaxest said:

I think it's just the one of dispossessed faction like root kings. 

I feel that the third duardin faction we will get is Gholemkind to be honest. Something like powered by Grungni's magic living constructs. Would be interesting if they will have actual wizards and "synaps-like" ability.

I could see more an unified force of Gholemkind and classic dwarves.

Gholemkind fits well as a "kruleboyz like" wave and united with an expansion for old duardin.

I just hope Valaya will have a part in this,her Valikraz can be a nice addition.

Also "underlords" sounds more like an army name instead of rootkings or Gazul Zagaz tbh...Khazalid underlords

Edited by Snorri Nelriksson
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

I could see more an unified force of Gholemkind and classic dwarves.

Gholemkind fits well as a "kruleboyz like" wave and united with an expansion for old duardin.

I just hope Valaya will have a part in this,her Valikraz can be a nice addition.

Also "underlords" sounds more like an army name instead of rootkings or Gazul Zagaz tbh...Khazalid underlords

I'm waiting Valaya too but from my point of view she will fit better as a release for "vs death" edition. Ofc if we consider that Grombrindal novels are cannon. 4ed probably will be more about Grungni and Chamon restoration, so Gholemkind would fit pretty well as a faction that worship him and also helps him to form Chamon in age of myth. 

• Like 1

List updated!. Horus Heresy is becoming a problem with a lot of delayed content

Spoiler

Necromunda
Outlander Beastmaster Millisaurs

Age of Sigmar
Ossiarch + Hero + Cards? + Dices?
Soulbligh + Hero + Cards? + Dices?

Seraphon Battletome - Slann, Saurus, Skink riders, Astrolith, Salamander and much more
Seraphon Army Box
Cities Battletome + Humies
Mistery book Summer
Mistery book Autumn
Generals Handbook 2023 S1

Warcry
Nightmare's Quest - FeC vs SCE
Pyramid kit
Underworlds meets Warcry starter Soulblight vs SCE

Underworlds
Wyrd Tzeentch vs SCE

Horus Heresy