The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Bosskelot said:

That above criticism of space marine reveals could be equally levelled at Stormcast though?

This is the first major marine release since templars 2 years ago, and even then they only got like 4 kits.

Meanwhile 9th has had giant refreshes and massive updates for Necrons, Craftworlds, Guard, Sisters, Orks, Chaos Knights, Chaos Marines and even slipped in a new army with Votaan. With the upcoming Nid refresh too there's increasingly very little 90's/early 2000's plastic left in the game too.

I know AOS players have got a major chip on their shoulder about their game but I think a lot of the times people just really do need to actually pay some attention to what happens in other systems and their ranges. The 3rd edition releases so far have been absolutely pathetic and at least half of the factions are languishing with increasingly outdated ranges that are aging terribly, or with new ranges that are embarrassingly half-baked and in desperate need of expansion. Thank god for the Seraphon update because jesus they needed it and it also looks fantastic.

There are quite a few things wrong with this post. I know a few people would like to erase them from their minds but Marines got a new box set full of new minis last month. Stormcast are getting a couple of things soon but they are the first releases since the edition started. In second edition they got the launch stuff and then one hero later. Of the Arks of Omen heroes 3 out of 6 are marines. 9th edition has been good for 40k in terms of minis with a lot of forgotten factions getting much needed updates. They got 9 big updates which is exactly the same number as AoS got in 2nd edition....

Of The 26 AoS factions there are 6 with old ranges, three of which are getting major updates this year or next. There is no doubt that AoS had a bad year last year in terms of minis but it matches pretty well with 40k this year. Guard, world eaters, marines and Nids versus Slaves to Darkness, Seraphon, Cities and maybe FEC( they may come out next year). The rules in 9th have suffered which has necessitated the big refresh that 10th is  bringing. The battletomes of third on the other hand have been much more consistently good than in any previous edition of 40k, AoS or Fantasy. There are a few things I'd like to see adjusted with 4th edition but a major refresh of the rules simply isn't necessary. 

As for the small factions only faction that really stands out to me are Fyreslayers and Bonesplittas. Obviously it would be nice to have some more kits for IDK, DoK and OBR but it's hyperbolic to call those factions 'embarrassingly half-baked'.  

On the side game front Kill team gets all the hype but Warcry is the better game, possibly the best skirmish game GW have ever made unless you love crunch more than playability. It's sad that even members of our own community like to hate on the AoS side games.

AoS players have a chip on our shoulder because we are constantly having to defend the game against those who misrepresent the game, the rules and the lore. 

Anyway only 5 weeks until we see more Cities models. I'm glad 40k fans are getting something nice but with Seraphon, Cities, Kurnothi, FeC and more destruction all coming in the next 12 months, it's a very exciting time to be an AoS fan. 

Edited by Chikout
  • Like 22
  • Thanks 5
  • LOVE IT! 1

Ill be the first to eat a slice of humble pie. But I am looking forward to COS because Ive sort of, maybe, definitely come around to the idea of Ogors Mercs in Cities!!

Just look at how fantastic the most recent Ogor sculpts are. Imagine what the future holds for Mawtribes.

Maybe the rumoured Destruction updates by our resident @Whitefang are indeed Ogors and with the suggestion of Ogor Mercenaries in the Cities of Sigmar update, maybe just maybe, its a dual build kit for Destruction!!

99120213025_BloodpeltHunterLead.jpg

Brutogg_M01.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, Chikout said:

There are quite a few things wrong with this post. I know a few people would like to erase them from their minds but Marines got a new box set full of new minis last month. Stormcast are getting a couple of things soon but they are the first releases since the edition started. In second edition they got the launch stuff and then one hero later. Of the Arks of Omen heroes 3 out of 6 are marines. 9th edition has been good for 40k in terms of minis with a lot of forgotten factions getting much needed updates. They got 9 big updates which is exactly the same number as AoS got in 2nd edition....

Of The 26 AoS factions there are 6 with old ranges, three of which are getting major updates this year or next. There is no doubt that AoS had a bad year last year in terms of minis but it matches pretty well with 40k this year. Guard, world eaters, marines and Nids versus Slaves to Darkness, Seraphon, Cities and maybe FEC( they may come out next year). The rules in 9th have suffered which has necessitated the big refresh that 10th is  bringing. The battletomes of third on the other hand have been much more consistently good than in any previous edition of 40k, AoS or Fantasy. There are a few things I'd like to see adjusted with 4th edition but a major refresh of the rules simply isn't necessary. 

As for the small factions only faction that really stands out to me are Fyreslayers and Bonesplittas. Obviously it would be nice to have some more kits for IDK, DoK and OBR but it's hyperbolic to call those factions 'embarrassingly half-baked'.  

On the side game front Kill team gets all the hype but Warcry is the better game, possibly the best skirmish game GW have ever made unless you love crunch more than playability. It's sad that even members of our own community like to hate on the AoS side games.

AoS players have a chip on our shoulder because we are constantly having to defend the game against those who misrepresent the game, the rules and the lore. 

Anyway only 5 weeks until we see more Cities models. I'm glad 40k fans are getting something nice but with Seraphon, Cities, Kurnothi, FeC and more destruction all coming in the next 12 months, it's a very exciting time to be an AoS fan. 

It's sad there is no "crown" emoji to react to posts, because you dropped this king 👑

• Like 3
  • Thanks 6

53 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Ill be the first to eat a slice of humble pie. But I am looking forward to COS because Ive sort of, maybe, definitely come around to the idea of Ogors Mercs in Cities!!

Just look at how fantastic the most recent Ogor sculpts are. Imagine what the future holds for Mawtribes.

Maybe the rumoured Destruction updates by our resident @Whitefang are indeed Ogors and with the suggestion of Ogor Mercenaries in the Cities of Sigmar update, maybe just maybe, its a dual build kit for Destruction!!

99120213025_BloodpeltHunterLead.jpg

Brutogg_M01.jpg

Surely they will double up as Ogor Man-eaters for Mawtribes as that is essentially what they will be; mercenaries drafted into the armies of the Cities. I'd love to see an alt build with the Mawtribes version having a less uniform look. I'm coming at this from the other side. I wasn't the biggest Ogor fan but the Cursed City model completely turned me around. It really is an amazing sculpt. 

• Like 9

9 minutes ago, Chikout said:

I wasn't the biggest Ogor fan but the Cursed City model completely turned me around. It really is an amazing sculpt. 

Man, if they made a new wave of Ogors that looked like the Cursed City one, I'd buy into that army so fast . . . 

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

13 minutes ago, DinoJon said:

So what are the odds we see the Seraphon Army box announced tomorrow? Am I huffing to much hopium or is there a chance? 

I think it will be the death tomes. They said they were coming very soon. My guess is:

April 1st pre-order Death battletomes. 

April 8th random 40k

April 15th Underworlds. (Underworlds came out in April last year)

April 22nd The lion.

April 29th Seraphon box. 

Or something like that. 

• Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 1

23 minutes ago, Chikout said:

I think it will be the death tomes. They said they were coming very soon. My guess is:

April 1st pre-order Death battletomes. 

April 8th random 40k

April 15th Underworlds. (Underworlds came out in April last year)

April 22nd The lion.

April 29th Seraphon box. 

Or something like that. 

They said AoO: Lion would be coming 'sooner than you think' which makes me think that'll fill the April 8th slot at least.

I think we'll probably see the Seraphon box before WarhammerFest, just because they'll want impulse buyers to jump from "OMG NEW LIZARDMEN, MUST BUY!" and onto the "OMG NEW CITIES OF SIGMAR, MUST BUY!" hype train after they've got their money.

I could see Gallowfall arriving the same week as Underworlds, because they seem to like having 'Boxed Games weeks' bundled together now and the Kill Team boxes usually have very fast turn arounds from reveals.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, Chikout said:

Surely they will double up as Ogor Man-eaters for Mawtribes as that is essentially what they will be; mercenaries drafted into the armies of the Cities. I'd love to see an alt build with the Mawtribes version having a less uniform look. I'm coming at this from the other side. I wasn't the biggest Ogor fan but the Cursed City model completely turned me around. It really is an amazing sculpt. 

Alt builds of Merc Maneaters and pure Destruction Maneaters would hit so many nails on the head Id become a carpenter.

So long as they are designed that way. I love my Ogors in any form but the chance to build them as both Destruction cobbled together brutes AND Armour Clad behemoths has my head reeling.

50 minutes ago, OkayestDM said:

Man, if they made a new wave of Ogors that looked like the Cursed City one, I'd buy into that army so fast . . . 

Brutogg is my favourite mini from all of the Cursed City range. One of the best Ogors ever released.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Chikout said:

They have said previously that Dispossessed are staying but that Ironweld arsenal are not so potentially no more gyrocopters. 

I reckon it's possible they could just throw the Gyrocopters and Cogsmith under <Dispossessed>? They're still relatively modern kits and have held up well. Plus they were originally designed for WHFB Dwarfs anyway. I guess it depends on if GW really want 'airborne contraptions' to exclusively be the purview of Kharadron or not. 

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 5

RUMORS

Sorry if that's already been discussed ; the new Blades Of Khorne battletome has a picture (page 3) containing apparently new scenery for SCE/Cities/Dawnbringers : at long last INTACT Azyrite building (on the left, two levels building with stairs, and on the right with battlements). IMG_4644.JPG.0b6d19ae04eafeab3195f681b442727b.JPG

I know GW sometimes 3d print scenery (like that Ossiarch Castle) but this looks new and plastic (kit) to me. Will it look good next to the grittier Cities infantry design ? 

Edited by HorticulusTGA
  • Like 15
  • LOVE IT! 4

1 hour ago, DinoJon said:

So what are the odds we see the Seraphon Army box announced tomorrow? Am I huffing to much hopium or is there a chance? 

I so hope so!! In the preview they did say its coming very soon. 

Releases have been alternating between 40k and AoS each week lately so if the pattern holds it should be a AoS week which means either the lizard army box, the death battletomes or the new Underworlds boxset. 

Edited by Ogregut
  • LOVE IT! 1

11 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

I know GW sometimes 3d print scenery (like that Ossiarch Castle) but this looks new and plastic (kit) to me. Will it look good next to the grittier Cities infantry design ? 

These are plastic kits to me. No such modularity can be achieved with 3D printed scenery used mostly for some BT photo shoots. Another thing : Azyrite buildings would be more useful for everyday games than an Ossiarch castle. I think GW has learned its lessons from the Chaos Dreadhold...

Edited by The Lost Sigmarite
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

These are plastic kits to me. No such modularity can be achieved with 3D printed scenery used mostly for some BT photo shoots. Another thing : Azyrite buildings would be more useful for everyday games than an Ossiarch castle. I think GW has learned its lessons from the Chaos Dreadhold...

Everybody's complaining how long it took to get their 3rd edition Battletome and us Chaos Dreadhold mains are still stuck with 1st edition!

CN08sky.jpg

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Haha 17

5 hours ago, HorticulusTGA said:

RUMORS

Sorry if that's already been discussed ; the new Blades Of Khorne battletome has a picture (page 3) containing apparently new scenery for SCE/Cities/Dawnbringers : at long last INTACT Azyrite building (on the left, two levels building with stairs, and on the right with battlements). IMG_4644.JPG.0b6d19ae04eafeab3195f681b442727b.JPG

WOW

I didn't think I'd actually be able to make a not-in-construction Dawnbringer settlement to go with my Cities army.
I really like how that looks!

They also used the under construction variants of these for the background in the Freeguild reveal video, so maybe this will tie-in to the Dawnbringer Campaign Book/Cities release?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HorticulusTGA said:

RUMORS

Oh please tell me this will be real... GW terrain typically falls beyond my budget but this would be worth at least a cheap box (assuming there are various sets of different costs) or a Warcry terrain set if those are coming back 

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 2

I love simple, blocky terrain like this. Stuff that your models aren't going to snag on, things that is easy to measure to and from, it's genius and I want more of it.

Will we get it? For some reason I doubt it. Just like the OBR terrain, I wouldn't be surprised if this is simply a conversion done by the design studio for the purpose of pictures.

The main advantage is having this terrain that can then be used in GW stores and events, as that's where I get most of my gaming done. 3d printed stuff is awesome great, but I just can't bring it into the store, so please James Workshop, give me terrain that's a worthwhile purchase and not a 

FREAKING TREE THAT IS DESIGNED LIKE A CLUSTER OF FISHING HOOKS THAT SNAG ON EVERY SINGLE MODEL THAT COMES WITHIN A SQUARE FOOT OF THAT TERRAIN BASE!

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Greyshadow said:

Amazed at how good Warcry is. Just been playing Cities vs Skaven and have been  enjoying fast, tactical and well balanced games. Super fun. Absolutely brilliant.

Warcry has quickly become my mostly played GW game. Its also a good excuse to collect multiple smaller warbands u wouldnt buy a whole army for.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, EntMan said:

Do you think we're ever likely to get a model of Sigmar?

I wouldn't say never, after all it took around 30 years to get our first Primarchs. That said, my guess is no, or at least not for a long time.

Sigmar is, I think, the most powerful non-Chaos god. In the same way as I don't think we'll ever get Khorne on the tabletop I right well get Sigmar.

But of course I might well be wrong. We do have other guys after all, including Nagash who is, I'd say, number two after Sigmar in the non-Chaos tier listing.

• Like 3