The Rumour Thread

2 hours ago, willange said:

WE GETTING CENTIGORS BABYYYYYYY

centis.png

shield.jpg

hook.jpg

this RE prediction never goes well for Beast of chaos, always ends up as terrain, Chaos marines, Kroots, or anything else but Beast of chaos

remember the Jabberscythe copium.

1 hour ago, madmac said:

Centigors would be a poor fit for Warcry, yes. You can take Cavalry technically but they're pretty hamstrung trying to navigate 3D terrain via the rules. OTOH, Centigors are resin, so it makes a lot more sense for them to be coming than any of the infantry kits which are all plastic and hold up reasonably well.

i mean everyone said the same thing about Maneaters and that never happened either so i am not sure niche units like Centigors are in the docket either.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, novakai said:

this RE prediction never goes well for Beast of chaos, always ends up as terrain, Chaos marines, Kroots, or anything else but Beast of chaos

remember the Jabberscythe copium.

i mean everyone said the same thing about Maneaters and that never happened either so i am not sure niche units like Centigors are in the docket either.

Ill revive the man-eater rumor. The hook is a man-eater capture tool, and the chaos shield is stolen loot hanging from the man-eaters backpack. Or better yet, its using the shield as a plate! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

Maybe it's nothing, but the World Eaters (Khorne Chaos Space Marines) leaks feels like Blades of Khorne:

Spoiler

World Eaters Traits

• +1 Attack on Charge/charged/HI
  • +1 Strength on Charge/Charged/HI 

WE Armywide Mechanic: Bloodtithe

Two current rumors:
Rumor 1 is you get a point for each unit destroyed and +1 bonus point for a vehicle/Monster the first time each turn and +1 for Titanic. So you could get up to 3 points if something like Angron was destroyed.
Rumor 2. Works similar to CK favors of the dark gods. Keep a Tally of total wound dealt by models destroyed (I.E. Ork Boyz give 1 point when killed, Custodes troops 3, etc)

Bloodtithe effects (which are PERMANENT)

• 6 to hit in Melee Auto wounds
  • +1 to hit
  • +1 AP for Melee Weapons
  • Attacks +1
  • Add 1 to Advance and Charge
  • 5+ FNP to Mortals
  • 6+ FNP to everything
  • Revive Angron  (Leader of the faction)

• Thanks 2

10 hours ago, novakai said:

well, it is not the be-all-end-all for predicting Warcry bands though given past maps have leaded to nothing. the Map doesn't exactly disprove my point

if the next one does have a Khorne Warband and we already got Nurgle and Tzeentch, I don't see why the last box Nightmare Quest wouldn't have  Slaanesh at that point in time, it would just needlessly buck the trend.

I am sure next Bloodhunt box will feature Khorne and Fec/Vampire : they are both on the map with two sites named respectively Bloodmad ravage and Count Moultaire's bloodhunt.

Slaanesh is not there and we had already two chaos undivided bands Horns of hashut and chaos Legionaries. There is a chaos undivided site on the map called the tainted wound.

Nightmare quest doesn't sound Slaaneshi to me but more Humans vs Undead.

But what if beside major quarterly boxes , there will be single bands like chaos Legionaries?

• LOVE IT! 1

30 minutes ago, cyrus said:

I am sure next Bloodhunt box will feature Khorne and Fec/Vampire : they are both on the map with two sites named respectively Bloodmad ravage and Count Moultaire's bloodhunt.

Slaanesh is not there and we had already two chaos undivided bands Horns of hashut and chaos Legionaries. There is a chaos undivided site on the map called the tainted wound.

But what if beside major quarterly boxes , there will be single bands like chaos Legionaries?

I mean it feel weirder to do only three of the four major god at that point in time.

Not to mention there is a lore excerpt about Spiderfang ambushing a Slannesh warband using hallucinations nightmare venom

and Legionnaire could have been a one off warband that was delayed until now because of Covid but the totality of Killteam releases which now goes into Warcry seems to be boxset galore of any major releases. Easily there could be no more one off warband. Warcry was one of the biggest delayed releases due to COVID from what I heard.

of course none of this says that Centigors are coming to Warcry or that rumor engine belongs to them over just more chaos undivided stuff. Especially since BoC releases look like to be the minimum one hero releases like majority of book releases this edition.

Edited by novakai

15 hours ago, Captaniser said:

Hmm

20221122_195848.jpg

15 hours ago, Baron Klatz said:

BoC Warcry warband would be a nice surprise. Either Bloodhunt or Nightmare Quest could fit a bunch of Centigors braving the Gnarlwoods for supplies and trophies.

I would love new Centigors!! I mean honestly Beasts of Chaos deserve a Warband, its Era of the Beast!! And the big 4 dont always have to pull focus. I would much rather have had BOC and Skaven than Nurgle and Tzeentch.

3 hours ago, cyrus said:

So far there have always been 10 Warbands. Including the 4 boxed sets and Legionaries that makes 9 Warbands so personally Im expecting another Single Warband at some point!!

• Like 2

It seems that the Ogor Gunline is stomping all the battlereports, TTS and small tournaments. I know that it's a bit early to worry, but we have the same ranged rules since 2015 that were based on balancing both starter armies (Bloodbound vs SCE), with just one tweak (Look Out Sir).

Maybe it's time to rewritte AoS ranged mechanics in to something a bit more polished that takes in consideration all the new profiles: -3 rend, mortals on hit, ranged rerolls, +1hit/+1wound, ranged battlelines units, double-tap, ...

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Beliman said:

Maybe it's time to rewritte AoS ranged mechanics in to something a bit more polished that takes in consideration all the new profiles: -3 rend, mortals on hit, ranged rerolls, +1hit/+1wound, ranged battlelines units, double-tap, ...

Somewhat pertaining to your topic but in regards to kruleboyz i did find it thematically and logically odd that the mortals where "on hit" as it's meant to be poison damage and not a reflection of skill. Always made way more sense to me for it to be "on wound"  

I am really glad GW is finally putting the beast in era of the beast. Hope they can continue this. Cant wait for the New Year reveal, feels like forever. Any idea when we can expect the Snarlfang Riders?

Edit: Shooting has been an issue for a while new. I think it can only be fixed with a new edition though.

Edited by Gitzdee
  • LOVE IT! 1

51 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

I am really glad GW is finally putting the beast in era of the beast. Hope they can continue this. Cant wait for the New Year reveal, feels like forever. Any idea when we can expect the Snarlfang Riders?

Edit: Shooting has been an issue for a while new. I think it can only be fixed with a new edition though.

Id say Snarlfang is still many Moons out mate, releasing with the Tome.

Im guessing the New Year Preview may be another Teaser and hopefully its a bit clearer on things!!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Beliman said:

It seems that the Ogor Gunline is stomping all the battlereports, TTS and small tournaments. I know that it's a bit early to worry, but we have the same ranged rules since 2015 that were based on balancing both starter armies (Bloodbound vs SCE), with just one tweak (Look Out Sir).

The army that is winning is so boring, I don't get how people enjoy using it and it can't be much fun to play against. 

• Like 3

AoS Gotrek book boxset. Just reprints of the existing novels with the short stories included. Notably it doesn't seem like the Realmslayer nor Blood of the Old World scripts are included.

yemBVAufRvGWPTU2.jpg

Disappointingly the covers are all the same. You'd think they could manage even a little difference beside the title and spine.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 2

4 minutes ago, Fellman said:

Don t know how much he knows now days so take whit som salt

image.png

I remember the BoC vs GSG battlebox rumour including a new jabberslythe, I'm ashamed to admit that heart did a little leap of excitement when both their new battletomes were announced at the same time last week, but I'm trying not to get my hopes up... saying that, we also have the rumour engines of those little beast dudes matted up in some big hairy thing that might have been a shaggoth no? 

15 minutes ago, Hawke said:

I remember the BoC vs GSG battlebox rumour including a new jabberslythe, I'm ashamed to admit that heart did a little leap of excitement when both their new battletomes were announced at the same time last week, but I'm trying not to get my hopes up... saying that, we also have the rumour engines of those little beast dudes matted up in some big hairy thing that might have been a shaggoth no? 

Those are our glorious King Brodd’s royal attendants the Creepers. :D 

99120299086_BroddFeature1.jpg

But yeah, I really doubt those rumors.

At most I imagine BoC to get a lord, warband and maybe one new unit.

Honestly at best those descriptions were probably the native creatures to the Gnarlwoods which don’t belong to the BoC.

unknown.png

(Rumor mongers probably just saw these pics and saying they’ll be models with no backing)

on Realm fauna, the new Ogor tome mentions the Efreet(fire fish with legs) again that were expanded upon as both dishes and vermin that overrun the Great Parch in Soulbound(can also be made pets) so that’s fun(if prepared wrong and eaten they’ll set you on fire, honestly would love them as a Fyreslayer or future Firebelly Ogor thing. Cooking lads that eat some to set themselves on fire since it won’t affect the Fyreslayer/Ogor but most certainly will roast his enemies)

20221122_112853.jpg

unknown.png

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

well that and the BoC vs Gitz boxset rumor poster also said that Grey Knights were getting a refresh, which did not happen.

Also, Ogors would get a New Slaughtermaster (didn't happen) and GSG would be getting a new Scuttleboss in this boxset (while still has a chance is unlikely as of now)

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Baron Klatz said:

Those are our glorious King Brodd’s royal attendants the Creepers. :D 

99120299086_BroddFeature1.jpg

But yeah, I really doubt those rumors.

At most I imagine BoC to get a lord, warband and maybe one new unit.

Honestly at best those descriptions were probably the native creatures to the Gnarlwoods which don’t belong to the BoC.

unknown.png

(Rumor mongers probably just saw these pics and saying they’ll be models with no backing)

on Realm fauna, the new Ogor tome mentions the Efreet(fire fish with legs) again that were expanded upon as both dishes and vermin that overrun the Great Parch in Soulbound(can also be made pets) so that’s fun(if prepared wrong and eaten they’ll set you on fire, honestly would love them as a Fyreslayer or future Firebelly Ogor thing. Cooking lads that eat some to set themselves on fire since it won’t affect the Fyreslayer/Ogor but most certainly will roast his enemies)

20221122_112853.jpg

unknown.png

Ahh no how'd I miss that! Hopes dashed, but thanks! 

6 hours ago, Beliman said:

I don't know what's "all". I've watched several games, one in person, of Ogre gunline armies in action and the Ogre player lost every time. Their units are paper and don't have much presence. Their attacks are still pretty random. But yeah, definitely too early to tell.

The issue with ranged unit spam in general is that power projection beats out anything else. But because armies only get a single shooting phase on their turn, the priority roll becomes the lynchpin of their success. Ranged focused armies often live and die by a single die roll; they either wipe you out by turn 3 or get decimated.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1