The Rumour Thread

On 11/13/2022 at 7:27 PM, Jagged Red Lines said:

A reminder of how rumours are often so near the mark. 

FB_IMG_1668367582708.jpg

So you're other parts of this (I was focused on the green parts before, since that's where the S2D vs. GSG box was mentioned):

Skaven and Seraphon getting a paired battletome release - nope

Not getting a battlebox - kinda true, there won't be a Skaven vs. Seraphon battlebox since Skaven were included in a Skaven vs. Sylvaneth one.

Both getting lots of new kits - Skaven certainly don't seem to be.

Khorne, Lumineth, Sylvaneth and CoS high priorities - this is rather vague. Two of those have gotten books, two haven't. Does that count as them having been prioritised?

Silent people - nothing yet.

S2D box - yep. 

See two anons up - suggests the person thinks the S2D box was the GSG Vs S2D box described before i.e. nope.

Doesn't seem particularly accurate to me. The only things is rate as spot on are the FS vs. IDK box, and the S2D Christmas box: the rest is either wing or vague enough to be guess work.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, JerekKruger said:

Doesn't seem particularly accurate to me. The only things is rate as spot on are the FS vs. IDK box, and the S2D Christmas box: the rest is either wing or vague enough to be guess work.

I disagree with you about it being guesswork, but honestly I appreciate you for being willing to actually look at it and share your thoughts. There's something pretty frustrating about being dismissed out of hand. 

Apologies if I was uncivil at all.

• Like 2

I feel like rumours have slowed down and that is part of the excitement about tomorrow. I truly don't know what to expect and therfore I am keeping my expectations in check:

Something Goblin Related probably Underworlds related and some Space Khorne. Still hoping for info on the next narrative events in both 40k and AOS. 

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

28 minutes ago, TechnoVampire said:

I can’t find the underworlds teaser for GG, where was it please? 

Hey Technovampire, it was a big ‘3 days to go’ picture from Facebook and it was covered in mushrooms and bad moons. We know from the roadmap that GG are next for Underworlds and that Underworlds are being covered on Sat, so that makes sense.

My follow-up logic was that we should presumably get a ‘2 days’ or ‘1 day‘ picture with an AoS tease soon, too, giving us some idea of what to expect on Sat. 🤞🏻  (And if we don’t, it might be fair to guess that the GG tease was for both systems?!) 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

I feel loke rumours have slowed down and that is part of the excitement about tomorrow. I truly don't know what to expect and therfore I am keeping my expectations in check:

Something Goblin Related probably Underworlds related and some Space Khorne. Still hoping for info on the next narrative events in both 40k and AOS. 

Im hoping for Gitz Warband and Seasons of War Gallet!!

• LOVE IT! 1

14 minutes ago, The Brotherhood of Necros said:

Hey Technovampire, it was a big ‘3 days to go’ picture from Facebook and it was covered in mushrooms and bad moons. We know from the roadmap that GG are next for Underworlds and that Underworlds are being covered on Sat, so that makes sense.

My follow-up logic was that we should presumably get a ‘2 days’ or ‘1 day‘ picture with an AoS tease soon, too, giving us some idea of what to expect on Sat. 🤞🏻  (And if we don’t, it might be fair to guess that the GG tease was for both systems?!) 

Ah great, thanks for clearing that up for me. Hopefully your logic proves to be right 😊

53 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

+++MOD HAT ON+++

I love discussing rumours as much as the next Mortal but lets keep it civil folks.

Our resident Mega-Gargant-sized avatar of the Destruction faction asking us to keeps things civil. Am i the only one to see the irony there? 😚

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

If you'd read my post, you'd know I'm not saying I believe it wholesale. I just find it interesting that many (but not all) of the predictions came true. If you read the actual screenshot, you'd know that too.  

How is any of the screenshot items true for the rumor to be reliable, it about as correct as a broken clock?

• Like 1

Yeah, most of that looks like postulation, combined with knowing the nearest thing at the time (Fyreslayer & Idoneth box).

I could've told you there'd be a Slaves to Darkness box, I've guessed they were going to get an update for like two years now. For similar reasons, one could reckon one or two more old factions will get an update, probably Seraphon and FEC at this point, as one can take it as them basically priming the pump for The Old World, so they don't actually have to redo all the factions in a time crunch at release.

3 hours ago, Malakithe said:

Im casting my vote for no real AoS stuff and only useless underworld things

New season of war with new spider incarnate and a new road map are bare minimum. Other than that I hope to know/see something on next two factions: crossed fingers.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, cyrus said:

New season of war with new spider incarnate and a new road map are bare minimum. Other than that I hope to know/see something on next two factions: crossed fingers.

I doubt we will get a new roadmap. The last roadmap was a consequence of the leaks, it was not an altruistic gift to their consumers.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

35 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

I doubt we will get a new roadmap. The last roadmap was a consequence of the leaks, it was not an altruistic gift to their consumers.

I don't think the original roadmap, the I've that simply said "Q2: Order and Death Battletome, Q3: Order and Chaos Battletome etc." (the updated one with the Slaves to Darkness battletome at the end was definitely that though). So I don't think it's being the realms of possibility they'll do something similar to the original.

Of course this time the mystery is rather less: any entry for Destruction battletome is almost guaranteed to be Gitz for example (I guess it could be a new faction, it a second battletome for Orruk Warclans, but that seems unlikely), but I think the roadmap was well received last time so it wouldn't surprise me if GW do another.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nezzhil said:

I mean we had Underworlds roadmap recently and a sort of roadmap (major quarterly boxes) for Warcry. I think they will show off a winter-spring 2023 roadmap.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nezzhil said:

They didn't show a roadmap for the W40k year 2.

They had a 100% correct leaked roadmap anyway, but honestly Warhammer Community at no point stopped talking about 40K releases for more than five seconds this entire year, they were always discussing the new models and rules changes for the next codex in depths months in advance. I don't think there was any point this year that a 40K player didn't know exactly what was coming even without a formal roadmap.