The Rumour Thread

18 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

These make me think Git are getting more than 1 hero. Also if the Scuttleboss gets updated they really need to update the riders too, they look ancient compared to the Scuttleboss, but i guess the Scuttleboss is finecast and they want it replaced asap just like what they have been doing for a while now. 

This looks gitz to me but not really much Scuttlebosslike:

2022-04-19.jpg

This could be Spiderfang:

2022-08-23.jpg

This looks like a Moonclan weapon but it is a little different, it could be the Scuttleboss. Its less of a moon shape and more like a spiders leg.

2022-08-30.jpgimage.png.5cd9d4254dfa5a89173727e7246ddc5f.png

This looks like a generic Fungoid/Madcap Shaman hand but could be a new Webspinner Shaman.

2022-10-04.jpg

This could also be Spiderfang if they release some of them in a Gnarlwood Warcry box:

2022-06-14.jpg

Some of those might be from the underworlds warband we know is coming. We should see them pretty soon as the roadmap had them scheduled for December. 

Edited by Chikout
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

These make me think Git are getting more than 1 hero. Also if the Scuttleboss gets updated they really need to update the riders too, they look ancient compared to the Scuttleboss, but i guess the Scuttleboss is finecast and they want it replaced asap just like what they have been doing for a while now. 

2022-08-23.jpg

This looks like a Moonclan weapon but it is a little different, it could be the Scuttleboss. Its less of a moon shape and more like a spiders leg.

This looks like a generic Fungoid/Madcap Shaman hand but could be a new Webspinner Shaman.

This could also be Spiderfang if they release some of them in a Gnarlwood Warcry box:

This could be the spider of scuttleboss 

99810209011_GoblinBigBossGiganticSpiderN

2022-09-13.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cyrus said:

This could be the spider of scuttleboss 

2022-09-13.jpg

I think this is the new incarnate, it also looks like an undead Arachnarok. I dont believe its a Scuttleboss spider. I hope im wrong because it would be awesome to have a minirachnarok.

image.png.9c990ad67714adf321ee4c5991aa395e.png

Edited by Gitzdee
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, jaWn said:

I think that's from this Necromunda dude.

NECMinis Oct31 GorshivDetails

The head's all wrong, the fangs are close but the structure is different, also the creature on this guy's back has no big crack, and has all 8 eyes, but the rumor engine one is clearly far more damaged. He'd need an option for a different thing on his back, and IIRC necromunda generally doesn't have a lot of options for things that aren't the main gangers (not sure what this guy is).

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Ganigumo said:

The head's all wrong, the fangs are close but the structure is different, also the creature on this guy's back has no big crack, and has all 8 eyes, but the rumor engine one is clearly far more damaged. He'd need an option for a different thing on his back, and IIRC necromunda generally doesn't have a lot of options for things that aren't the main gangers (not sure what this guy is).

5 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

Great idea, eyes are not the same though :o

You two are probably right. But from some angles and squinting it almost matches.

2 hours ago, EntMan said:

Sylvaneth got 3 new kits I think. (And also lost use of a mini that GW are still selling...) so personally I'd hope ranges like Skaven, Seraphon and Beasts get a much bigger than Sylvaneth sized refresh.

2 hours ago, Chikout said:

Unfortunately I think the battle boxes are here to stay. KO, Gloomspite, Slaanesh and Soulblight are all prime candidates for single hero releases. With 9 books to go we definitely aren't getting 9 big updates. Optimistically we could get larger updates for Seraphon, Cities, FEC, BoC, and maybe a new chaos Duardin faction. 

I would love Gloomspite in there as well for new kits, a Sylvaneth level update for Spiderfang revitilises that entire subfaction.

On the flip, the chances that COS, Seraphon, BOC and FEC getting properly updated means I can forgive GW for not giving Mawtribes an update!!

1 hour ago, Gitzdee said:

2022-04-19.jpg

2022-08-23.jpg

2022-10-04.jpg

2022-06-14.jpg

Won't those just be from the upcoming Gitz Underworlds warband next month they teased with the roadmap?

3 hours ago, Gitzdee said:

2022-04-19.jpg

2022-08-23.jpg

2022-10-04.jpg

2022-06-14.jpg

What if most of them are Underworlds models...

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

Then i will have to remodel some spider riders myself to look less static and put them on round bases. Should be a fun project to start working on instead of buying new ones XD.

But i would not complain if its all Underworlds related. Those models are awesome to collect and paint imho. I already own a few and i have never played Underworlds. I liked Mollog in AoS, he was fun to use with his minions and i use morgoks krushas as alternate brutes. Hedkrakka is an awesome second Prophet model too.

Edited by Gitzdee
  • Like 2

I saw someone post some images of boats on Reddit mentioning Warcry and it hit me how awesome a Warcry Naval boarding game can be and it is now my biggest obsession. 

I need to buy some boats like right now!

This could in turn function like the current kill team boxes leading to a small 500 point style game. 

They can produce four generically aligned boats for the different grand alliances as a Warcry box. Namely something like a Longship with Chaos stars or a frigate with sigmarite icons. Maybe for the sake of having it be playable two ships per box. 

Could imagine something like this for the boxes:
Dark Oath vs. Black Ark Corsairs
Vampirates vs. Plastic Maneaters 

Not sure how my beast claw raiders will fare on the open seas... might need to get some Pirate Maneaters.

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 3

46 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

I will be dissapointed if the last Destruction Faction got a single model release for AOS. 3/4 of an entire Alliance recieving thus in an Edition supposedly geared towards Destruction would be frankly... I hate to say it GW....pathetic.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I will be dissapointed if the last Destruction Faction got a single model release for AOS. 3/4 of an entire Alliance recieving thus in an Edition supposedly geared towards Destruction would be frankly... I hate to say it GW....pathetic.

This actually makes me wonder if design for destro was shifted late into development. We can see this in a more realistic and slightly less stylized design with kruleboyz and the new bloodpelt. Just a thought. I was very excited when mawtribes announced as I like ogors but the current line doesn't interest me. To each there own. More than likely I'll still pick up the bloodpelt. 

@Neverchosen Thats a cool idea for a board. like  whole wrecked ship yard in a cove or something. very cool. 

Edited by Vasshpit
  • Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

18 hours ago, MitGas said:

I like the Ogroids (then again it was nice when it was a Tzeentch-exclusive creature) but cool minotaurs would've been much cooler IMO.

I'm confident we'll get updated Bullgors for BoC. At least now StD have their own Minotaur like unit. I don't like their heads so I'm just enjoying conjuring all sorts of headswaps. 

Already planned an Ogroid Boar headed army 😂

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

The model releases for Destruction this edition have been incredibly lackluster. As much as I love my Ogres, another Hunter model elicits nothing but disappointment from me and almost certainly won't be getting it.

Like, if you're going to release a new hero model for Ogres, there are at least THREE OTHER sculpts you could've reinvented.

• Like 5

23 hours ago, novakai said:

Also I think people blow the complexity of 40K (and Kill team to an extent ) way overboard, yes stratagems and the rule is a learning curve but it is by no means a detriment to the system especially if you play the game after a while. You can say AoS is better game system oberall but you can argue that 40K complexity makes it more flashier and flavorful where AoS keeps is simple but also dull at times.

People will put up with, and actively prefer, a certain amount of complexity if it brings with it increased variety and freedom with how to build armies.

40k just has more of that currently so it's much easier for people to have their imaginations captured by a concept.

Also Tempest of War is a god send for more casual players who don't want to or can't keep up with new mission packs. For the people whose local scenes are seeing a haemorrhaging of AOS players; is everyone just using the new GHB packs with all their new specific battalions and the new balance updates that added bolted-on additional scoring methods for very specific units and factions? 

Locally we have more 40k players than ever despite the edition behind 2 and a half years in and an oversaturation of new mission packs and updates. But that's probably because there are easy and accessible ways for non-competitive players to enjoy the game through those different mission packs and y'know, despite what you may have heard, in like 95% of cases armies are exceptionally well balanced towards each other with "autolosses" only happening in competitive environments with optimized lists. I still hear and see horror stories of some Sigmar armies just being incapable of winning vs certain others, even in a non-competitive environment.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

48 minutes ago, Bosskelot said:

People will put up with, and actively prefer, a certain amount of complexity if it brings with it increased variety and freedom with how to build armies.

40k just has more of that currently so it's much easier for people to have their imaginations captured by a concept.

Also Tempest of War is a god send for more casual players who don't want to or can't keep up with new mission packs. For the people whose local scenes are seeing a haemorrhaging of AOS players; is everyone just using the new GHB packs with all their new specific battalions and the new balance updates that added bolted-on additional scoring methods for very specific units and factions? 

Locally we have more 40k players than ever despite the edition behind 2 and a half years in and an oversaturation of new mission packs and updates. But that's probably because there are easy and accessible ways for non-competitive players to enjoy the game through those different mission packs and y'know, despite what you may have heard, in like 95% of cases armies are exceptionally well balanced towards each other with "autolosses" only happening in competitive environments with optimized lists. I still hear and see horror stories of some Sigmar armies just being incapable of winning vs certain others, even in a non-competitive environment.

As someone who is "aggressively casual," I would take AoS a thousand times over the state of 40K, where dataslate rules like Armor of Contempt provide balance on a numerical scale but completely undermine the gameplay identity of certain factions. My Necrons, a faction known for having good AP even on their basic weapons, has completely lost that edge, and in fact functionally have less effective AP on their basic weapons than Marines when fighting them.

40K is a prime example on how not to use iterative updates to achieve balance in a game with distinct factions. Horus Heresy has exploded in popularity near me, and I've been able to turn some pretty hard AoS-naysayers into hearing me out when I describe how each 3.0 faction has a a decent winrate disparity while also feeling like that faction in play.

Edited by acr0ssth3p0nd
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, Mutton said:

The model releases for Destruction this edition have been incredibly lackluster. As much as I love my Ogres, another Hunter model elicits nothing but disappointment from me and almost certainly won't be getting it.

Like, if you're going to release a new hero model for Ogres, there are at least THREE OTHER sculpts you could've reinvented.

I wholeheartedly agree. How could they not have updated the Firebelly, Slaughtermaster or Butcher, the latter 2 being the worst looking minis in GWs entire catalogue.

Kruelyboyz for Warclans were amazing but even I, King Brodd, have lost my love for the mini I had been looking most forward to. Once the initial wow factor ends its an upgrade sprue with the same legs.

Gloomspite had better get a sizeable update because its very unfair if we have to wait another 6-9 years for a Destruction focused Edition after this apparently being 'Our Time'.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

You are assuming we can't get a new faction this edition. We don't know what is gonna happen. Nobody would expect World Eaters and Squats in the same edition

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

You are assuming we can't get a new faction this edition. We don't know what is gonna happen. Nobody would expect World Eaters and Squats in the same edition

A new destruction faction you say? What's that I can't hear in the distance? (because those people are silent!) Go on Whitefang, give this a like. Please?

image.png.22be4c36a105e94b79a28a57f315c2fe.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

2 hours ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

I'm confident we'll get updated Bullgors for BoC. At least now StD have their own Minotaur like unit. I don't like their heads so I'm just enjoying conjuring all sorts of headswaps. 

Already planned an Ogroid Boar headed army 😂

Ok, I‘ll go there cause you‘ve shown restraint and I won‘t feel bad for such a punny name… boargroids! 😇

• Haha 2