The Rumour Thread

2 minutes ago, Sigmarusvult said:

- Stop complaining it’s a luxury product.

The luxury product :F153B492-2072-4F37-8201-D5ADBCAE6A14.jpeg.cc0688d6222a18c9a62c48c26b6a4de1.jpeg

😜

I guess it will be about the statline of the legionaires. The English ones were different from the other languages.

Edited by Gitzdee

Just now, Chikout said:

A pretty decent update for Slaves to Darkness. With the new chosen, mounted lord and exalted hero there are no resin minis left in the range. Do the same for Seraphon and I'll be happy. 

Do that for every army! I want some Plastic Yhetees

This should be GW's main goal even before updating outdated plastic they should update all resin kits.

Considering that they improved on Be'lakor and Kroak which were my all time favourite resin models I want all resin gone!
wh-aos-harbinger-decay.jpg
Even if it involves saying goodbye to the last of my favourite old resin kits! 

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

GOOD TO BE BACK ! Off line week appreciation recap : 

• Warcry : Sundered Fate : Both bands are great (the flying dinos and the daemon bird 😍), new scenery (unlike Kill Team Box 2), and still a few Seraphon Rumor engines left. Final score : 11/10
  • Warhammer Quest Nemesis : Well. New content is always nice. No new models ? Sad, but seen with WHQ : Silver Tower (even if it has bundles). No further expansion ? Sad too (I wanted an Escalation-esque box with more new Explorers). I guess we have WHU and Warcry for great "creativity" sculpts ... Final score 4/10
  • Underworld Roadmap : Nice ! Pleased to see new Gitz soon, and very intrigued by either the Malerion Aelves, Slaanesh or Legion of the First Prince logo ! Final score : 7/10.
  • Ogors and StD ranges and book : great stuff overall. Final score : 8/10. 
  • Battlescroll : guess it's nice ? The rules people will tell. Final score : n/a.

BTW that Lord Solar indeed could be easily Freeguild-ized. Or iS fRoM cHaMOn :P

Sorry to say I'm really disappointed with the Lord Solar model. 

Maybe it's just cos this reveal had my highest expectations.

I proper expected just an absolute specimen of a pose. Horse rearing on its back legs, hair and cape flowing majestically like it's very stature was conjuring a storm, more ornate designed armour. 

It all looks a little flat. Don't want to knock the sculpt, just not for me. This is THE Lord SOLAR, honestly expected him to be a centrepiece model. Take away the base and it just looks a tad plain, imo.

Edited by Black_Templar_Lad
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

This is THE Lord SOLAR

I think this is such a funny part of the narrative component's interaction with the hobby. To me it is a cool mounted hero that is riding a robo pony.

Because I have no clue who or what a Lord Solar is I am able to appreciate it on face value. But conversely someone might love Archaon's or Teclis' models and they are pretty cool in places, but I have gripes with both because to me they should look a certain way or have a certain presence.

I think it is funny that I chose one model where the mount/monster is my issue and the other where the named characters is my issue. Maybe because I like Lord Solar and the robo horse.

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Neverchosen said:

I think this is such a funny part of the narrative component's interaction with the hobby. To me it is a cool mounted hero that is riding a robo pony.

Because I have no clue who or what a Lord Solar is I am able to appreciate it on face value. But conversely someone might love Archaon's or Teclis' models and they are pretty cool in places, but I have gripes with both because to me they should look a certain way or have a certain presence.

I think it is funny that I chose one model where the mount/monster is my issue and the other where the named characters is my issue. Maybe because I like Lord Solar and the robo horse.

I mean frankly the fact that it's an Imperial Guard leader who looks straight-up heroic already makes it deeply inaccurate, but then again I'm one of those weird "creators" who cares about "consistent themes" and such in my silly media. You don't get to claim that calling the Imperium "heroic" is satire and then just straight-up make all their models actually come across as heroic, GW!

Edited by acr0ssth3p0nd
  • Like 5
  • Confused 2

50 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

Lord Solar Macharius (or something like that) is one of, if not the greatest, commanders of the guard's history. He was famous for leading from the front, sharing hardships, and pushed all the way out into empty space where the "emperor's light (the astropaths) was nothing but a dim flicker. Macharius was also clad in quite heroic looking armour so I'm guessing this character carries on his tradition (and position).

For reference here's the old one:

99060105135_SolarMacharius01.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, EntMan said:

If we pretend we'd not already seen the StD this has been a truly bumper New Model Monday - Slaves, Imp Guard, and Necromunda. All either AoS or with defo AoS possilities.image.png.6d58d8d24b714488a30ea924ec73a28d.pngimage.png.84ab9cd1114b8d1cedeca26af0176a99.png

Is the head of the big thing on its back the same as the “spider like” bone skull from the rumor thread?

if so RIP spiderfang

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Gothmaug said:

Is the head of the big thing on its back the same as the “spider like” bone skull from the rumor thread?

if so RIP spiderfang

Iirc the rumour engine picture had some kind of crack/gouge/scar across one of the eyes, which I don't see here.

Edit: is this one you were thinking of?image.png.52a16ea393affda579edb5cbcbb578e2.png

Edited by EntMan
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

Sorry to say I'm really disappointed with the Lord Solar model. 

Maybe it's just cos this reveal had my highest expectations.

I proper expected just an absolute specimen of a pose. Horse rearing on its back legs, hair and cape flowing majestically like it's very stature was conjuring a storm, more ornate designed armour. 

It all looks a little flat. Don't want to knock the sculpt, just not for me. This is THE Lord SOLAR, honestly expected him to be a centrepiece model. Take away the base and it just looks a tad plain, imo.

I'm the opposite. I don't even play 40k and this is making me want an imperial guard army, just so I can play with this model.

Its utterly beautiful. It reminds me of the old world Tyrion, Green Knight or Archaon. Every race had an awesome centrepiece on a horse. 

• Like 1