The Rumour Thread

5 hours ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

GW prioritising 40k again 

If it’s any consolation, the 40K dataslate says Q4 2022 so at least we don’t have to worry about that in December. The AoS one is late and should have been released in September, which means we should have also been due another one in December 

Alternatively: “We are really excited to reveal, and we think all our Sigmarites and Chaos Cultists will be too, coming next month… Age of Sigmar 4th Edition! We’ll be rolling out updated tomes for Lumineth Realm Lords and Disciples of Tzeentch first, along with a much needed new wave of expanded Stormcast models! Be on the look out for a roadmap being released soon! For all the Tomes still waiting on a 3rd edition tome, don’t worry! We’re releasing a battlescroll next week with great news for all of you!”

/the battlescroll is an official announcement about non-updates factions being retired

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

@KingBrodd

Lexicanum going over goodies from the SoB tome. Like the last one it doesn’t disappoint on great lore.

20221020_141116.jpg

20221020_153851.jpg

“Daughters of Behemat”

“There are twin-headed Wolfhounds the size of cathedrals”

“So things like the Nine Brothers, big enough to be seen as mountains, are way bigger”

(that was in the last time that some Sons grew to mountain size to match Behemat as replacements but this is the first named ones)

”Storm Gargants and Mason-Gargants outright worship the Hammer God”

”Chamonite Gargants in armor (The Realm not the Metal)”

“Thag the Thwacker, the Warping King
Two-Headed Mega-Gargant of Tzeentch”

“Slorbb
Gargant Necromancer”

“There are Lumineth in Xintil outside the Free Cities. A host of some went to go beat up what they thought was a forming alliance of Boulderhead Ogors and Gargants. It was actually a Soccer match. The Lumineth try to retreat, fail, things turn to combat. Ogors and Gargants declare victory. Aelves never speak of this incident again”

“Gordrakk... wants to fight Sigmar not from instincts but out of a desire to remind him he's a warrior gods?

Is Gordrakk just a long con by Gorkamorka to try to get his friend back in a confusing way?“

This is a nice call back to Tales of Forbidden power where Gordrakk wants Sigmar to be a warrior god again instead of a God-king hiding in Azyr(the Destruction faction in general feel that way as a reflection of how Gorkamorka feels)

Forbidden Power: Hammer God excerpt

771554F7-235E-44F6-BD2D-933DFF5E1E04.png

4032E1BA-5B10-4CEF-A7F0-DFD8F74A154C.png

“Aleguzzler Gargants are now looked upon with shame and disgust by the rest of their species”

(cause they’re always blind drunk and influenced by Da Bad Moon)

“Says that the wonders of Tor Crania are especially a marvel, because Gargants were involved in making it.”

(Tor Crania is the upraised countryside in Ghyran that’s Behemat’s head)

“Excelsis is no longer on fire”

“Bundo Whalebiter didn't turn against Excelsis”

20221020_172200.jpg

So Whalebiter remains a stalwart(if terrifying) ally to Order.

20221020_173617.jpg

and nifty thing on Brodd’s hammer obelisk showing Behemat worship at his titanic feet.

ozmk0gislgu91.jpg?width=1036&format=pjpg

nlt42mnslgu91.jpg?width=697&format=pjpg&

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 3

6 minutes ago, Baron Klatz said:

@KingBrodd

Lexicanum going over goodies from the SoB tome. Like the last one it doesn’t disappoint on great lore.

20221020_141116.jpg

20221020_153851.jpg

“Daughters of Behemat”

“There are twin-headed Wolfhounds the size of cathedrals”

“So things like the Nine Brothers, big enough to be seen as mountains, are way bigger”

(that was in the last time that some Sons grew to mountain size to match Behemat as replacements but this is the first named ones)

”Storm Gargants and Mason-Gargants outright worship the Hammer God”

”Chamonite Gargants in armor (The Realm not the Metal)”

“Thag the Thwacker, the Warping King
Two-Headed Mega-Gargant of Tzeentch”

“Slorbb
Gargant Necromancer”

“There are Lumineth in Xintil outside the Free Cities. A host of some went to go beat up what they thought was a forming alliance of Boulderhead Ogors and Gargants. It was actually a Soccer match. The Lumineth try to retreat, fail, things turn to combat. Ogors and Gargants declare victory. Aelves never speak of this incident again”

“Gordrakk... wants to fight Sigmar not from instincts but out of a desire to remind him he's a warrior gods?

Is Gordrakk just a long con by Gorkamorka to try to get his friend back in a confusing way?“

This is a nice call back to Tales of Forbidden power where Gordrakk wants Sigmar to be a warrior god again instead of a God-king hiding in Azyr(the Destruction faction in general feel that way as a reflection of how Gorkamorka feels)

Forbidden Power: Hammer God excerpt

771554F7-235E-44F6-BD2D-933DFF5E1E04.png

4032E1BA-5B10-4CEF-A7F0-DFD8F74A154C.png

“Aleguzzler Gargants are now looked upon with shame and disgust by the rest of their species”

(cause they’re always blind drunk and influenced by Da Bad Moon)

“Says that the wonders of Tor Crania are especially a marvel, because Gargants were involved in making it.”

(Tor Crania is the upraised countryside in Ghyran that’s Behemat’s head)

“Excelsis is no longer on fire”

“Bundo Whalebiter didn't turn against Excelsis”

20221020_172200.jpg

So Whalebiter remains a stalwart(if terrifying) ally to Order.

20221020_173617.jpg

and nifty thing on Brodd’s hammer obelisk showing Behemat worship at his titanic feet.

ozmk0gislgu91.jpg?width=1036&format=pjpg

nlt42mnslgu91.jpg?width=697&format=pjpg&

Absolutely epic mate. Cannot wait to get my hands on it!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yeah, I was thinking we’d jump over to Lendu but it seems the White Dwarf campaign is gonna wrap up that adventure on it’s own.

So would make sense we travel elsewhere since the wild plains of Rhondal and river ways of Lendu with their Kraken Stormhost sea guardians are already contested.

Ka-Rokk’s certainly made a name for himself over there.

20221020_211722.jpg

Wish we could’ve seen a Lithotauri before they went extinct. 😛 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Baron Klatz said:

Ka-Rokk’s certainly made a name for himself over there.

There are a lot of characters in the battletomes that are just that, letters in random pages. My main issue with AoS is that we have infinite options (lore), until you buy something that's not a book:

• Half of the armies don't have named characters (miniatures)
  • Half of the armies don't have enough units to feel like an army (again, miniatures).

That's a bit of a letdown because the game is based around buying, painting and playing with miniatures.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The White Dwarfs used to give named Legendary Hero options but that was obviously pulled later because that gave too much a exclusive advantage.

FRTzbBu_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&
AoSAnvils-Aug22-GhalmorianSpread4v.jpg

But now we got UnderWorlds, Warcry, Black Library heroes and at a stretch Mega-Gargant mercs for named characters everywhere so eh. It’s getting resolved.

I prefer the “ur dudes” style anyway like back in AoS1 when it was more encouraged that named heroes could warp and change to fit any army like Durthu becoming the “Spirits of Durthu” as a legion of copies that are only him in name but can be used in every Sylvaneth force at once for different reasons.

But anyway I was more referring to Ka-rokk’s campaign than the character himself.

the Ghur focused magazines have been full of cool stuff on campaigns across the continents and Ka-rokk’s storyline of an orruk shaman on a rampage as the spirit of Kragnos pushes him south to the Everquake City is really interesting.(to the point I wish we got a campaign book on it)

I also really liked these goodies from the Thondia magazines.

rn_image_picker_lib_temp_e2829926-0de1-4

• Like 2

@Baron Klatz

Yep, I know. There were some warscroll battalions that gave you new named characters too. It was a bandaid, but hey, better than nothing.

About your dudes, nobody has a problem when 95% of the Heroes are generic. But take in mind that AoS has their own issues if you want to play with your dudes. You don't have enough tools to build them.... one artifact and one trait, maybe a mount trait but whatever.

I hope you don't play with more than 2 heroes in your army.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Beliman said:

@Baron Klatz

Yep, I know. There were some warscroll battalions that gave you new named characters too. It was a bandaid, but hey, better than nothing.

About your dudes, nobody has a problem when 95% of the Heroes are generic. But take in mind that AoS has their own issues if you want to play with your dudes. You don't have enough tools to build them.... one artifact and one trait, maybe a mount trait but whatever.

I hope you don't play with more than 2 heroes in your army.

Foot slogger dudes are usually dead before they can accomplish anything - jzst another issue.

The Anvil of Apotheosis is a nice idea, it’s too whacky to ne used though (just my opinion. The whackiness is the players fault though)

I wished we‘d finally get a campaign book that combines PtG with a larger campaign clubs could play through within 3-5 weeks, with thought through character development, and a good story. Markers, some kind of map or tile-map of the region, maybe even 2-3 premade characters every faction can choose from. I‘d toss my money at them if they released such a thing.

The Battletomes and releases lately however seem to ignore that part of the hobby almost completely: Eat some Warscroll battalions and some half-baked PtG rules and be happy.

Edited by JackStreicher
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Sahrial said:

Alternatively: “We are really excited to reveal, and we think all our Sigmarites and Chaos Cultists will be too, coming next month… Age of Sigmar 4th Edition! We’ll be rolling out updated tomes for Lumineth Realm Lords and Disciples of Tzeentch first, along with a much needed new wave of expanded Stormcast models! Be on the look out for a roadmap being released soon! For all the Tomes still waiting on a 3rd edition tome, don’t worry! We’re releasing a battlescroll next week with great news for all of you!”

/the battlescroll is an official announcement about non-updates factions being retired

Disappointing to say the least! Where‘s the next huge Lumineth wave anyways? 😡 At least Stormcast get new stuff, I was really worried about them. They feel like Fyreslayers at this point. I hope 4th edition will introduce more of the 40k rules to AoS, cause they‘re truly beloved. Or at the very least make it more complicated to play. Perhaps we could introduce random icons for distances like in Kill Team, that was a really great idea! 👍 I suggest two lines for 18 inches, a square for 2 inches and a circle for 9 inches. 😎 

1 hour ago, MitGas said:

Or at the very least make it more complicated to play. Perhaps we could introduce random icons for distances like in Kill Team, that was a really great idea! 👍 I suggest two lines for 18 inches, a square for 2 inches and a circle for 9 inches.

image.png.17134455a316a554de3e7fb1ef462299.png

So, it's totally straight forward: "Slain" does not count as "Has been Slain" until the end of the third round is about to happen, and then Pink Horrors can be replaced as long as a Living City wizard has cast Verdant Blessing.

As long as you don't meet the condition "is not not in range of an enemy hero" of course...

😂

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, Beliman said:

@Baron Klatz

one artifact and one trait, maybe a mount trait but whatever.

Off topic. I like the simple way AoS handles artefacts compared to the granularity of points costs for other systems......but I think a two tier artefact list would be nice, Greater Artefacts & Lesser Artefacts or something like that.

For each enhancement pick, you can take either one Greater or 2 Lesser. Some artefacts rarely get used as there's a "best" pick that you'd be silly not to take. A two tier approach could give a bit more tactical flexibility and add some variety.

• Like 9

14 minutes ago, GrimDork said:

Off topic. I like the simple way AoS handles artefacts compared to the granularity of points costs for other systems......but I think a two tier artefact list would be nice, Greater Artefacts & Lesser Artefacts or something like that.

For each enhancement pick, you can take either one Greater or 2 Lesser. Some artefacts rarely get used as there's a "best" pick that you'd be silly not to take. A two tier approach could give a bit more tactical flexibility and add some variety.

The danger here would be that what GW's rules people think is powerful does not always corelate with things actually powerful in game. So you could still end up with a Greater Artefact that the studio thought was the bee's knees, and a Lesser, or a couple, that still get picked every time.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Grungnisson said:

The danger here would be that what GW's rules people think is powerful does not always corelate with things actually powerful in game. So you could still end up with a Greater Artefact that the studio thought was the bee's knees, and a Lesser, or a couple, that still get picked every time.

Sad but true!

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, GrimDork said:

Off topic. I like the simple way AoS handles artefacts compared to the granularity of points costs for other systems.....

This "simple way" handling effectively means that there are almost no artefacts in the game. That is a certain simplicity, but it also kills the flavour. This, on the other hand, was pure, concentrated flavour...

Warhammer Magic 5 Cover.jpg

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 3

1 hour ago, GrimDork said:

Also: Lesser artefacts can be picked at the start fo the battle XD -> So you can rummage your armory to counter the enemy.

• Like 1