The Rumour Thread

59 minutes ago, EntMan said:

According to the Sunday preview we're getting Old World news this week. So today must be the day! 😃

The original Old World announcement was nearly 3 years ago in November 2019 where they said it would likely be at least 3 years in the making. That's back before the pandemic so really interested to see how much news there actually is yet?

This is the original announcement: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/11/15/old-world-new-warhammer/

Very exciting possibility today. I'm honestly bracing myself for literally just an update stating, obviously it's delayed, we'll aim to release by this period. Anything else is a bonus for me. I'd be happy with a new concrete time frame.

That StD leak is absolutely insane....And I'm absolutely jealous.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

Very exciting possibility today. I'm honestly bracing myself for literally just an update stating, obviously it's delayed, we'll aim to release by this period. Anything else is a bonus for me. I'd be happy with a new concrete time frame.

That StD leak is absolutely insane....And I'm absolutely jealous.

Getting ready to be disappointed :)

ToW is an interesting project and I am glad they are working on it, but was it ever prematurely announced. Maybe they will surprise me by showing some cool miniature renders today (I think a new Bretonnian knight would get people pretty excited again), but if not it will really have been 3 years without anything substantial. The Cities rework already feels like it's absoluteky crawling along, and that has only been a few months.

The Slaves stuff looks super nice, though. I am also really happy with how high the quality of 3rd ed battletomes has been. Makes me really excited for when my armies get their new rules.

The new Slaves to Darkness leaks make them seem very strong, though it remains to be seen exactly how strong.

Some small bits (not all changes):

- Archaon has 25 wounds and a 5+ ward (860)

- Chosen have 3 wounds, 3+ save, and 2 damage (240)

- Warriors have rend and a 3+ save (220)

- Knights only have lances, but these are 4/3/-1/1 off a charge, and 4/3/-2/2 on a charge. They also have a 3+ save (230)

- All of the tribes have been simplified as expected, and Host of the Everchosen allows varaguard and knights to rally on a 4+

There's a lot more than this, but in general, everything is a lot stronger but more expensive - which is how it should be for Slaves. I didn't like them being the cheap and cheerful conquerors of the realm (so long as their enemy didn't have a good save) - now every elite unit is a force to be reckoned with. 

• Like 7
  • LOVE IT! 1

2 minutes ago, Enoby said:

The new Slaves to Darkness leaks make them seem very strong, though it remains to be seen exactly how strong.

- Knights only have lances, but these are 4/3/-1/1 off a charge, and 4/3/-2/2 on a charge. They also have a 3+ save (230)

- All of the tribes have been simplified as expected, and Host of the Everchosen allows varaguard and knights to rally on a 4+

There's a lot more than this, but in general, everything is a lot stronger but more expensive - which is how it should be for Slaves. I didn't like them being the cheap and cheerful conquerors of the realm (so long as their enemy didn't have a good save) - now every elite unit is a force to be reckoned with. 

This actually sounds promising! :)

• Like 1

So, the whole Slaves to Darkness battletome has been leaked. A lot has changed and imo, it seems to be a lot better than Slaves To Stacking Buffs (you can still stack, but all warscrolls seems to be better).

A few things that I really like:

• Marks have bonus hurraa
  • Chaos "people" (varanguard, chaos warriors, knights, etc...) are a lot better and enhancement banners to play around.
  • Battlelines, combinations, heroes and units being heroes. Just wow...
  • Customization: between subfaction, mark and enhancements, it seems that you can do a lot of things.
  • Eye of the gods wil be used by units and heroes! And it's not an anecdote anymore!

There are some things that I still don't like (double-tap on warscrolls, small number of artifacts/traits, etc...) but I think that the whole BT seems to be a lot better. And Archie seems to be really powerful without all that stacking (thanks god...). 

Ninja'd by @Enoby

Edited by Beliman
  • Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 1

14 minutes ago, Enoby said:

They look strong at a glance but with their points costs youll only have about 4 units on the board lol

2 hours ago, EntMan said:

According to the Sunday preview we're getting Old World news this week. So today must be the day! 😃

The original Old World announcement was nearly 3 years ago in November 2019 where they said it would likely be at least 3 years in the making. That's back before the pandemic so really interested to see how much news there actually is yet?

This is the original announcement: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/11/15/old-world-new-warhammer/

Can't wait for some new MAP reveal ...

On the other hand, i'm hoping for some Total War Warhammer announcement as well, maybe artwork of the Chaos Dwarves redesign

2 minutes ago, Malakithe said:

They look strong at a glance but with their points costs youll only have about 4 units on the board lol

They're definitely a lot more expensive, but I think I prefer that - it also gives marauders and cultists a place as the cheap chaff, rather than the empowered mortals also being mid. 

I like the idea of Chosen/Knights/Warriors being a force to be reckoned with, but very elite and expensive - so it's a good change for me!

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Beliman said:

So, the whole Slaves to Darkness battletome has been leaked. A lot has changed and imo, it seems to be a lot better than Slaves To Stacking Buffs (you can still stack, but all warscrolls seems to be better).

A few things that I really like:

• Marks have bonus hurraa
  • Chaos "people" (varanguard, chaos warriors, knights, etc...) are a lot better and enhancement banners to play around.
  • Battlelines, combinations, heroes and units being heroes. Just wow...
  • Customization: between subfaction, mark and enhancements, it seems that you can do a lot of things.
  • Eye of the gods wil be used by units and heroes! And it's not an anecdote anymore!

There are some things that I still don't like (double-tap on warscrolls, small number of artifacts/traits, etc...) but I think that the whole BT seems to be a lot better. And Archie seems to be really powerful without all that stacking (thanks god...). 

Ninja'd by @Enoby

Yes I‘ve just read the leaks. Everything seems amazing except for the spell lore which is very limited.

but who cares, marks are back!

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

The Marks give the following:

Undivided: Units get Eye of the Gods, and can reroll one dice (no unique).

Command ability lets a unit add 1 to wound rolls against a hero or monster.

Khorne: Add 1 to attacks if the unit made a charge that phase.

Command ability: After a charge, on a 2+, an enemy unit within 1" suffers D3 mortal wounds. 

Tzeentch: 6+ spell ignore.

Spell: CV 6, range 9. Teleport a Tzeentch unit out of 9" of an enemy.

Nurgle: Subtract 1 from wound rolls for units that target Nurgle S2D. 

Command ability: Pick a unit in the combat phase, after it fights on a 3+ per enemy unit, the enemy unit suffers D3 MW.

Slaanesh: Add 1 to run and charge. 

Command ability: Pick a unit in the Charge Phase, that unit can charge after running. 

I'd say all bar Tzeentch are pretty good. 

Nurgle is probably the strongest, though run and charge can give your army much needed reach. With the move phase command ability for a 6 to run, Slaanesh can give even the slow Chosen an average of 21" threat range- never mind how much Archaon can benefit. 

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

Old World shouldve really not been announced when it was, even without knowing of the Pandemic. I feel 2025/6 will be the release date.

In regards to AOS, GW must be pulling their hair out right now!! With it ready to be shipped is there a chance that we are literally almost a year behind on GW releases and this was due last Christmas? 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

33 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Old World shouldve really not been announced when it was, even without knowing of the Pandemic. I feel 2025/6 will be the release date.

In regards to AOS, GW must be pulling their hair out right now!! With it ready to be shipped is there a chance that we are literally almost a year behind on GW releases and this was due last Christmas? 

I don't think it's that bad. The new Slaves to Darkness units were not in the ghb. It's much more likely that this set was due out in the Summer. The second kill team box came out pretty fast which suggests the first one was also delayed. GW seems to be about 2 or 3 months behind schedule. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Enoby said:

Tzeentch: 6+ spell ignore.

Spell: CV 6, range 9. Teleport a Tzeentch unit out of 9" of an enemy.

I'd say all bar Tzeentch are pretty good. 

Don't be fooled by Tzeetch, that spell is Crazy good.  You target any Tzeentch unit in LoS (infinite range), then put them within 9" of the caster (but outside 9" of any enemies).  The kicker is that as written it doesn't stop you moving after being teleported!  Assuming this is as intended, WOW.

Also a few things that suck out to me and have't been mentioned:

-2 unique heroic actions  One helps with Eye of the Gods rolls (situationally good if combined with other effects ) but the other lets a wizard cast on 3D6 for the turn (2 or more 1s still miscast).  Very powerful, especially for that tasty Tzeetch spell.

-Cabalists make ALL your heroes wizards (if already wizard, get an extra casts) and lets multiple heros use the 3D6 cast heroic action (every one that is within 3" of the one that first uses it).  So you can easily through out 6+ casts, all on 3D6.  Spell lore isn't amazing, so it's not OTT but what a cool subfaction.

-Command ability that makes any (mortal) hero a priest. 

-Ravengers gives you a heroic actions to bring back a destroyed unit of cultists, marauders, horse marauders or Dark Oath at 50% strength. Not ambushing though, must appear within 12" of the hero. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Charleston said:

Only real downsides I found was the rather underwhelming Warshrine and some lost weapon options on Knights and Warriors. Beside of this it looks like a top notch book which finally allows to play Chaos Warrior/Knight centric build

This is a pattern for AoS 3.0. GW has gone the path of all weapon options on troops being broadly/exactly the same stats. It will be interesting to see if they keep this for 4.0 or if its just one of those random edition changes that never comes around again. On the one hand it makes it easier to get into the game; on the other hand it kind of takes some fun out when a single unit can change its focus and performance.

That said on many units, because of weapon reach ranges, spears were often always the superior choice because you could get more of your guys into combat to do damage. When it was rank and file it wasn't as much of an issue because what got into combat was always a fixed number of ranks in the block. 

40 minutes ago, Overread said:

This is a pattern for AoS 3.0. GW has gone the path of all weapon options on troops being broadly/exactly the same stats. It will be interesting to see if they keep this for 4.0 or if its just one of those random edition changes that never comes around again. On the one hand it makes it easier to get into the game; on the other hand it kind of takes some fun out when a single unit can change its focus and performance.

In my experience, swords with +1 to hit relative to spears fighting in 3 ranks rather than 2 was almost always exactly mathematically equal. Plus on chaff like Skeletons it was a total micro optimization that rarely ever mattered.

I am glad that complexity is gone, because in my opinion the juice just was not worth the squeeze. I am glad that I can just build my troops however I think looks coolest without having to think about it now.

• Like 8

In a way I like it and in a way I don't. 
On the one hand it makes it easier to build a box of models. On the other it kind of means that optional weapons in kits might become a thing of the past because why include sprue space and plastic for options that don't matter. I makes me wonderif GW's plan is to have two or three cavalry models with different weapons and appearances in the future whilst in the past you'd have 1 kit with 3 different weapon options in the box. 

Another angle is that it means AoS has reduced its number of tactical niches and I already feel its oversimplified on that front; lack of niches means lack of slots to fit models into with their own reason to be there. That means you can easily end up with an army with lots of model types, but where there are few actual choices to make in army composition because the best model is the best model and there are no/few niches for others to really have their own area to excel in. 

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, MitGas said:

Awesome news! I guess a unit of Chaos Warriors or some other stuff might be a nice addition now. I hope the Gloomspite update will be as promising as this StD one seems to be, as my mate really needs one  👍

Gloomspite is my true hope for 3.0. I know its blaspehmous to say but as time has gone on the King Brodd model has lost its charm on me. Dont get me wrong he is beautiful!! But when you look at the model and the art it really did seem like a quick fix to tack on parts to the existing kit. I am grateful to get my namesake I just wish the King of Gargants got a little more!! Selfish I know.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

At this point im expecting gutrippaz to be consolidated with stikkas and hackas. 

@KingBrodd

I feel ya man. I dont even play or collect SoB but I am a destro fan and It was pretty lame to see an upgrade sprue when you see chaos get all these new goodies. 

Yes pretty much this!! I know Teclis and Arachaon are old world characters and iconic in lore and deserve models that represent them but for our Faction of only 1 notable Gargant who has been present since AOS conception it was annoying to be an upgrade kit for the Megas. 

It would be similar to Tyrion being an upgrade sprue for Teclis!!

2 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Gloomspite is my true hope for 3.0. I know its blaspehmous to say but as time has gone on the King Brodd model has lost its charm on me. Dont get me wrong he is beautiful!! But when you look at the model and the art it really did seem like a quick fix to tack on parts to the existing kit. I am grateful to get my namesake I just wish the King of Gargants got a little more!! Selfish I know.

I think GW messed up by not adding another set of legs to the kit. The king itself isn't shabby but a second set of legs would've helped the overall army a LOT.

I also hope Gloomspite get a great update in regards to their rules. It's not like we play with really strong lists all the time but I feel that it bothers him that his army is one of the weakest ones and that in turn means he plays much less than he would. Since he managed to win a couple of times it obviously shows that it's not totally hopeless in a casual setting but still, would be cool if he had more fun with it instead of lamenting his power level.

• Like 1

I am so hyped right now. Loving all the changes barring that Ravagers can no longer summon. I have not had a chance to pour over the changes but I am really happy with what I have seen. 

I feel like I am leaning towards despoilers now and will have lots of fun with the eye of the gods. The Legion of the First Prince Changes are expected but leave me a little saddened. Makes me happy I did not rush out to buy the daemon starter sets. Especially with Darkmech hopefully on the horizon.

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1