The Rumour Thread

The Old World is going to be a smorgasbord of kitbashing for AoS. Unlike HH which solely focus on marines.

CoS will benefit massively and open up lots of themes previously without model support. On the flip side of life, SBGL will have lots more to choose from as well. The list goes on and on.

Look at me, seeing the sunny side. 😅

• Like 5

On 10/8/2022 at 4:39 PM, madmac said:

Personally I was also against them merging Fyreslayers and KO, but the idea of introducing a new dwarf race or something "new" for dwarfs generally was a positive. I'm skipping a lot of other interesting bits in my little summary there, we also had things like the last KO book suddenly introducing the idea of "Gholemkind" just living and chilling in Chamon, and Soulbound's Grugni entry included rumors of him building huge "reclamation engines" to start takng back dwarf holds, among other things. I also don't think it was a last minute pullback due to feedback or whatever, they obviously would have had the new Fyreslayer battletome written a long time ago. I think it's more likely that their "Whatever" was supposed to happen for Grugni's epic return just got delayed indefinitely for reasons.

The way it looks so far is that they're building a background up, but without committing to anything. They could take any (or a combination) of those ideas further, or just keep hinting and bringing up those tidbits indefinitely. But should it come to fruition, I, too would be against the 'dwarf soup', as a concept. I feel like we've moved too far in the narrative for that. The KO don't give a monkey about any gods, and they should remain like this. The Fyreslayers are absolutely crazed in their devotion to Grimnir, also should stay as they are. And the Dispossessed urbanised, settled in, they don't need to feel the urge of reclaiming whatever it was that was theirs. I have no issues with them being content with and progress in being an ingredient of a multi-race, multi-cultures amalgam that are Cities.

In short, we don't need to go back to the Oldhammer concept of dwarfs, it's been now long enough (for me at least) for that nostalgia pull to weaken. 

Now, should Grungni feel somewhat disheartened by his children not giving an ef anymore and come up with something new, you have my attention.

• Like 10

On 10/9/2022 at 9:35 AM, cofaxest said:

That's the reason why Grungni return Grombrindal. He knows that dwarves are too stubborn to forgive him so he hope that they will listen Grombrindal. 

The problem with Grombrindal is that he's supposed to be appearing in the times of dwarfs' greatest need, in which they currently... aren't?

It's more Grungni, who's needy 😆

9 minutes ago, Grungnisson said:

The problem with Grombrindal is that he's supposed to be appearing in the times of dwarfs' greatest need, in which they currently... aren't?

It's more Grungni, who's needy 😆

Though you could say the chain mail of the duardin has never been weaker since it is split and full of broken links. KO and FS can remain who they are, however, the latter does have a pretty strong redemption arc (plus slayers were already quite unhinged to begin with) and have pretty slim pickings of units despite having their own tome. From an Old World Dawi player I'd love to see fantastical new war machines and an army which embrace the best of the best armour and relentless advance over the board.

Then again, when you consider DBC they might just do faction focused tomes goes forward where the cities of sigmar are better represented.

Edited by pnkdth
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, PrimeElectrid said:

110 days since the last “quarterly” battlescroll as of today.

What even is the point of doing quarterly updates if you’re going to miss it by a full month. Does this mean that the next “quarter” will only last 2 months? 

Good point. Unfortunately, this whole quarterly update looks very much like a typical corporate commitment - the idea seems fine and reasonable and so it got approved with overwhelmingly positive feedback during the meeting. Fast forward: we are a week away from the quarter's end and it turns out that they forgot to allocate adequate resources to the task; no senior AoS rules consultant is now particularly willing to and write a battlescroll on Saturday and so here we are, still unwilling to accept that at their best GW can deliver random and unscheduled updates.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, pnkdth said:

Though you could say the chain mail of the duardin has never been weaker since it is split and full of broken links.

Equally, you absolutely could. Which is a part of the point I was making above, that it's all very open ended at the moment and could easily go either way. Wait and see, I suppose, And in the end it'll all come down to whether the design studio can come up with some captivating concepts. If they do, then that will get greenlit, with rules and fluff made to follow.

Take in mind that not all Fyreslayers or KOs refuse to follow Grungni.

In the background, the Duardrazhal already happened (a big reunion between all Duardin factions) and Fyresalyers already have a rule that represent the conclusion of what happenedt:

Leader of the Duardrazhal: This warrior welcomes all duardin into their ranks and leads them with a united purpose, each proudly bearing the runes of the Fyreslayers upon their bodies.

We don't have a new KO battletome and we don't know what KOs are going to do with all this issue, but some new stories (mainly White Dwarfs, a few Broken Realms stories and Arkanaut Oath) have some hints in to what happened there and what's next. Some of our main cities are already refusing Grungni, even if his lawyer is Grombrindal (aka, Mhornar, Nar, etc...), but others seems to be a bit more flexible (Barak-Thryng).

Only time will tell if Grombrindal can do something but IMO, another Duardrazhal seems to be a waste of time. Their themes are completely diferent, looking to merge them seems a bit forced.

• Like 2

On the one hand, I love me some Chameleon skinks. On the other hand just show us the box. I'm a bit tired of all the teasing that's is going. One thing we may be able to infer from this is that it looks like  they aren't doing mixed units. For cross compatibility with AoS, this is probably a good idea. 

• Like 11

1 hour ago, Beliman said:

Take in mind that not all Fyreslayers or KOs refuse to follow Grungni.

In the background, the Duardrazhal already happened (a big reunion between all Duardin factions) and Fyresalyers already have a rule that represent the conclusion of what happenedt:

We don't have a new KO battletome and we don't know what KOs are going to do with all this issue, but some new stories (mainly White Dwarfs, a few Broken Realms stories and Arkanaut Oath) have some hints in to what happened there and what's next. Some of our main cities are already refusing Grungni, even if his lawyer is Grombrindal (aka, Mhornar, Nar, etc...), but others seems to be a bit more flexible (Barak-Thryng).

Only time will tell if Grombrindal can do something but IMO, another Duardrazhal seems to be a waste of time. Their themes are completely diferent, looking to merge them seems a bit forced.

Yes I'm looking forward to the Grombrindal novel coming out to read al those stories. I'd love a fresh Duardin faction - I think there is room for High Dwarfs -emphasising smiths, armour and war machines. I think the KO are strong enough on their own and could do with a few units as well. Any dwarf developments probably got held back to keep space for the return of the squats. Hoping we will get some hints of what's to come soon.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

2 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

"You’ll be able to see more of them shortly, as well as the tough competition they’re up against in the next Warcry box."

Maneaters!!!!

I'm afraid we should look to Tzeentch instead.

But I'd be glad to be wrong for Ogors players. ;)

• Like 1

OMG YES THEY'RE BEAUTIFUL! I love these skinks, they didn't fall into the temptation of making them derpy and cute, they look like proper determined nimble hunters! I especially love the one with the nasal horn.

I kinda hoped the warband would not be just chameleon skinks, but now I think that it's better to have that kit be properly updated. Here's to hoping it's just a taste of what the Sreaphon will get in (hopefully) near future!

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

2 hours ago, Ogregut said:

Glorious model!! 

FB_IMG_1665407489626.jpg

2 hours ago, DinoJon said:

exhPB0D0flugEWEq.jpg

images.jpeg.a0ef9e8a5efc6ea0bfc1662d04a74822.jpeg

I really really wish they'd of kept the Underworlds models anatomy. While they are cool, they're just regular skinks with a different head and tail...

Kinda same and lame. Meh, gratz dino fans!!

• Like 5