The Rumour Thread

15 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I know its only a £10 increase but as someone looking to further my hobby outside of Sons and Ogors the price is becoming unjustifiable almost.

Like yes I can get Brodd!! But for Brodd I could get 100(!?!?) Stabbas and Shootas or for £14 more 12(!?!) Rockgutt Troggoths. 

Ill pick up Brodd eventually but after him I may have to pause the Sons.

Make sure to check out some of the mega-Gargant magnetizing videos on YouTube. Really helps get more value out of the box when you can easily switch up your gargants before every battle and have use for all the parts(besides awesome kitbash bits, of course ;) )

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I know its only a £10 increase but as someone looking to further my hobby outside of Sons and Ogors the price is becoming unjustifiable almost.

Like yes I can get Brodd!! But for Brodd I could get 100(!?!?) Stabbas and Shootas or for £14 more 12(!?!) Rockgutt Troggoths. 

it's good that they retired the old Ogor Mawtribes start collective, because otherwise one might realize that you could get very close to a full 2000pts army for the price of one single kit...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Baron Klatz said:

Make sure to check out some of the mega-Gargant magnetizing videos on YouTube. Really helps get more value out of the box when you can easily switch up your gargants before every battle and have use for all the parts(besides awesome kitbash bits, of course ;) )

Thanks for the advice mate!! As a hobbyist and lore lover though I do enjoy displaying my minis.

38 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I’m sorry your royal swoleness, hopefully you will be able to expand your hobby range and get your namesake onto the tabletop.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Marcvs said:

it's good that they retired the old Ogor Mawtribes start collective, because otherwise one might realize that you could get very close to a full 2000pts army for the price of one single kit...

Real talk I run thunderbellies so my list literally is three SCs, with a Thundertusk sitting on a shelf unfortunately, a Mawpot, and two kitbashed buthchers.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Twisted Firaun said:

I’m sorry your royal swoleness, hopefully you will be able to expand your hobby range and get your namesake onto the tabletop.

Thank you Loyal Son!! I will eventually, I will be picking up the Sons and Ogors Tomes to begin with. 

Im eagerly awaiting the Gloomspite release now as there is always the chance of more Troggoths!!

2 hours ago, Sarges said:

Mancrusher Mob €125, £95, $160

Previously it was £80 for 2 Mancrushers, making them £40 each.

The WarCom article said a Mob set will have three. At £95 for 3 that's just over £31:66 each.

Either WarCom is wrong and it's still 2 in a box. Or the price listed is wrong.

...or GW have made something cheaper. 😂

41 minutes ago, Chikout said:

On a more positive note we have some more info about the new season of Underworlds. I really like what they are going for this year. The nemisis format sounds interesting. 

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/10/03/warhammer-underworlds-is-more-accessible-than-ever-thanks-to-the-rivals-format/

Noice!

More Rivals and Universal set focus the better. Great on new players and I love all the art scenarios the cards show off since they’re not faction focused.

image.jpeg.a48a096abb7402ada9069c24d71a8470.jpeg
25-4.jpg
17-3.jpg

Abyssal-Summoner.png
Round-in-Circles.png

Tainted-Waters.png
image.png.b5072da4ee79cf63f30c8e395c2c9e5c.png

image.png.5e4ba7c2f4dca5b45fb36d1df0dea48d.png
image.png.7d36ccaabd1c163e032d90ee9f7f76bf.png
image.png.bb67d891e416a0c0ec75d2fb68977109.png
image.png.ce45cd39007be0f7ec1c694d01189753.png

Maybe it’s just the childhood yugioh fan in me but I absolutely love the action and story they’ve been telling with these cards. Big step up since Beastgrave. 😍

58 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Thanks for the advice mate!! As a hobbyist and lore lover though I do enjoy displaying my minis.

Display the magnetized extra parts as “King Brodd’s Build-a-Gargant-workshop”. xD 

Also if you need gargant filler then you can proxy the Krondspine as an elemental mega-Gargant with it being sold seperate now. Just give it the appropriate bits and colors like an ocean scheme with fish caught in the swirls  for say the Kraken-Eater or the like.

9gC8cQv_YZuCKDJW_bGztncCnmegHr8omEmiphWQ

8 minutes ago, EntMan said:

Previously it was £80 for 2 Mancrushers, making them £40 each.

The WarCom article said a Mob set will have three. At £95 for 3 that's just over £31:66 each.

Maybe it’s gonna count as their Vanguard set?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, EntMan said:

As bizarre as it seems, this sort of thing is pretty much the only way GW ever ‘reduces’ prices, by bundling stuff together, as per the magmadroth in the old fyreslayers SC box. So… not entirely implausible and actually has a track record with things like the seraphon or BCR start collecting boxes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sarges said:

Looks like new kit will be just +1 sprue to the ones from the SC box. They look a bit too similar for it to be a coincidence.
image.png.e85b512f7c26c50956cf32f11fd70633.png

Not necessarily. Remember they use CAD when making models. If you compare the monopose CSM from shadowspear with the multipart kit they have a lot of indivudual identical poses, arms and heads. I guess it's not completely new but this could just be the case of them splitting the monopose designs up and giving options of how to build them.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Hard to say, but the last time I looked them up on eBay they were actually in pretty high supply and fairly affordable.

They'll be released individually when the next warcry box hits. That's how it normally goes. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bosskelot said:

Not necessarily. Remember they use CAD when making models. If you compare the monopose CSM from shadowspear with the multipart kit they have a lot of indivudual identical poses, arms and heads. I guess it's not completely new but this could just be the case of them splitting the monopose designs up and giving options of how to build them.

Having built the new Chaos Knight kit twice, I can confirm that the hornblower is definitely a 1:1 torso replica of the shown knight, meaning only the head and weapon hand have changed. 

Looking at the Knights and Warrios in the leaked battletome Images, I can see some 'duplicate' models and none that strike me as 100% new - I'm assuming knights and warriors will be the same as the push fit but with new arm options. 

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

Lizards and tzeentch cultists 

My bet is Tzeentch flamers to burn the jungle while Seraphon go chameleon heavy as they fight a guerilla war over their crashed ship.

Also would fit with the UnderWorlds Ulgu-to-Ghur transition as Chameleon skinks are said to have formed as the darkness between the stars from their ships flying through Ulgu’s Aether instead.

While the origin of the Chameleon Skink's abilities is unclear, there are potential explanations that have spread amongst skinkdom. It is rumoured that that the first temple-ships that spawned Chameleon Skinks did not sail through the light of Azyr, but rather in the penumbral gloom of Ulgu. This interaction allowed the shadows of the realm to seep into the temple fleet's spawning pools, resulting in the unique abilities of the Chameleon Skinks. Perhaps as a result of this, Chameleon Skinks find it easy to become Coalesced in the realm of Ulgu's swirling mists.”

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • LOVE IT! 1