The Rumour Thread

23 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

Looks kind of like an indian headdress, but it doesnt look very Spiderfangish imho.

A pair of butterfly like wings or;

A feathered Mohawk or;

The frilled ear of a giant salamander ala some other seraphon monster

A fin from a new Iondeath deepkin fish beastie. 

The feathered front hand from some sort of raptor/archaeopteryx type dinosaur

A lady's ornamental feathered fan, or one made of steel blades for assassination. 

RumourEngine290 Sep20 Content

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Gothmaug said:

A pair of butterfly like wings or;

A feathered Mohawk or;

The frilled ear of a giant salamander ala some other seraphon monster

A fin from a new Iondeath deepkin fish beastie. 

The feathered front hand from some sort of raptor/archaeopteryx type dinosaur

A lady's ornamental feathered fan, or one made of steel blades for assassination. 

RumourEngine290 Sep20 Content

Skaven wearing some dinosaur’s feather to show his supremacy 

Edited by Skreech Verminking
  • Like 1

My first take of the rumor engine was of a fan or weapon. I didn't initially think the feathers looked organic enough to be associated with a creature. On closer look, maybe it is to a living thing? 

Either way I'm still going with a fan for the Tzeentch Warcry warband that's coming. It would be similar to the cypher lords aesthetic but more beastial. 

Wow! Never saw that one coming. I'm very curious how they are going to sell these. If they put everything in one kit it could get might expensive. Is this an alt build of the King Brodd kit? It makes me start to believe that new options for the Man crushers might be possible. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Chikout said:

Wow! Never saw that one coming. I'm very curious how they are going to sell these. If they put everything in one kit it could get might expensive. Is this an alt build of the King Brodd kit? It makes me start to believe that new options for the Man crushers might be possible. 

Five options in one kit probably wouldn't fit in a box, I could see them offering an alternate box that builds this guy and King Brodd instead of the other three.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, EntMan said:

Is this a new model? A mega gargant upgrade kit? (Or maybe a current model which I don't recognise)

In the video, it appears with the 3 other versions of mega-gargants. So I think it's an addition to the current kit. Which is going to become VERY expensive...

• Thanks 1

This makes me more sad than anything cause that seems really neat but like

you couldn’t have done something similar for other armies? You couldn’t throw out a couple model refreshes in there too? I guess this is really just the generic brodd but still

i am happy for the SoBs tho, this is big for them, it’s cool.

Edited by Sahrial
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Sahrial said:

This makes me more sad than anything cause that seems really neat but like

you couldn’t have done something similar for other armies? You couldn’t throw out a couple model refreshes in there too?

i am happy for the SoBs tho, this is big for them, it’s cool.

It's too many pieces in one kit IMO. Not enough body parts, where do all the other bitz go..? Unless this is the unnamed half of King Brodd's kit.

1 minute ago, CommissarRotke said:

It's too many pieces in one kit IMO. Not enough body parts, where do all the other bitz go..? Unless this is the unnamed half of King Brodd's kit.

The can redo the sprues with the new pieces and the old ones. There are too many pieces to add to the Mega-Gargant kit.

Honestly the surprising thing to me is how little AoS stuff leaks. On the 40k side every kit is known an age in advance and the full books often leak. For AoS the only big leak has been slaves to Darkness. The Season of war, the Nighthaunt crossbows, the drowner, the Sylvaneth Gossamid archers and now  this have all been complete surprises not even teased by the likes of Whitefang. 

• Like 1