The Rumour Thread

I hate to admit it but despite my love of Ogor Mawtribes they are the legacy army least in need of updates to models. Like when Skaven got passed over I was pretty shocked but Ogors still look great despite static poses and some resin models desperately in need of plastic. 

Seraphon on the other hand needs major overhauls to both their plastic and resin kits! Obviously we are getting a free cities rework but that is another faction in desperate need of updates. Beasts of chaos are also in desperate need for updates.

I think between Warcry and Underworlds Ogors can be brought up to snuff pretty quickly. 

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

I hate to admit it but despite my love of Ogor Mawtribes they are the legacy army least in need of updates to models. Like when Skaven got passed over I was pretty shocked but Ogors still look great despite static poses and some resin models desperately in need of plastic. 

I agree when it comes to everything but the basic Ogres. Leadbelchers and Ironguts look fine due to the weapons they're carrying, but it's painfully obvious the Ogor Gluttons were designed to be ranked up on square bases. That they're such big models in a game where most modern AoS sculpts are designed with semi-dynamic poses just makes the "arms tucked in, weapons side by side" posing extra glaring.

• Like 3

I'd love to see more classic dwarves, but sadly it doesnt seem likely. They had a major update in 8th, and then Fyreslayers and Kharadrons were some of the first big new waves for AoS. I reckon that after those, they  likely pivoted away from dwarves for a while to focus on Aelve, chaos, undead, and now humans. They may be working on them again now, but I 'd guess another themed dwarven army is more likely than classic dwarves. I'm pretty hopeful for Chaos Dwarfs at this point, hut they won't be sons and daughters of the Everpeak.

That said, they do make an entire range of middle earth dwarves representing the armies of Khazad Dum and Erebor, so maybe they would scratch the rings of power itch? They've said they don't have a license to directly adapt designs from the new series, but I'd expect a renewed focus on second age adjacent stuff in the coming months to cash un nonetheless.

Classic dwarves are also easy to come by from every other manufacturer, so counts as armies are definitely possible.

4 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

I agree when it comes to everything but the basic Ogres. Leadbelchers and Ironguts look fine due to the weapons they're carrying, but it's painfully obvious the Ogor Gluttons were designed to be ranked up on square bases. That they're such big models in a game where most modern AoS sculpts are designed with semi-dynamic poses just makes the "arms tucked in, weapons side by side" posing extra glaring.

I completely agree. The visualisation just isnt there. Ironguts and Leadbelchers do their jobs. I was hoping for a STD style SC for Mawtribes with dynamically posed Gluttons.

Next Edition I hope we get new Gluttons, Yehtee/Gorger dual kit, Butcher/Slaughtermaster dual kit. 

That would be a fantastic update.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, EccentricCircle said:

Classic dwarves are also easy to come by from every other manufacturer, so counts as armies are definitely possible.

This is why we probably aren’t seeing anything like classic Dwarfs. Its a shame but I’m hoping it means that the door isn’t closed on Chaos Dwarfs. 😁

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

This is why we probably aren’t seeing anything like classic Dwarfs. Its a shame but I’m hoping it means that the door isn’t closed on Chaos Dwarfs. 😁

True, though I think that the way they handled Lumineth and Soulblight suggests that if they were to do dwarves today, they would likely reimagine some classic designs alongside the more outlanding stuff we saw with Fyreslayers and Kharadrons.

I've said before that I think they'd have to be arrogantly confident in the supremacy of their "warhammer ecosystem" to not want to sell more generic designs at all. With how popular D&D etc is right now, there are going to be a lot of people new to tabletop gaming walking into GW shops, and asking to buy generic Orcs, Elves, Skeletons etc. If they say "Sorry we don't sell those, buy space marines or get lost" they're going to lose those customers. If they sell them some generic dwarves then those players will come back for the goblins they need next time, and be more likely to gradually get into the warhammer lore too. They'd have to be very daft to not support that market.

For 40K I think they have gotten to that point of saturation, where 40K is the biggest non licensed sci fi IP, and there isn't a generic default Sci Fi anyway. Each IP is quite unique and diverse, so it makes sense for them to limit themselves to their own ecosystem.

For fantasy, no matter how far they or others push the envelope, there will always be a demand for those classic fantasy archetypes (the amount amazon is spending on rings of power demonstrates that quite ably, as does the fact that GW still has the LOTR license all these years after it stopped being a mega hit.)

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Gaz Taylor said:

I am starting to get the feeling a Hashut army is coming our way that could be all kinds of races. I think the warcry warband is a good indication of that.

1 hour ago, Gaz Taylor said:

This is why I think doing a sisters of battle Valaya faction with lots of emphasis on Valkyries. Winged units and pegaus pony riders and an emphasis on healing buffs. I could see it as a stand alone army or being souped into Fyreslayers with a kind of Orruk Warclans styled Worshipers of the Ancestor gods, or an expansion of cities of sigmar. 

Female dwarves are under represented and this would give a classic dwarf faction for AOS that is still ip friendly.

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 2

As an owner of a large WFB Dwarf army from back in the day, and an owner of both FS and KO.... I'd love for them to flesh out the dispossessed to round out the Dwarf line. The lore is there, they're still kicking around with it written that they're striking out to reclaim lost Karaks but they're just in the background. Armoured troops, war machines... classic archetype... think they'd complement the current armies well. Even if it ends up being a high elf to Lumineth type reboot, there's definitely space for them. 

I thought this had been teased at too in not to distant stories. Grombrindal and Grungni working at something to unify them...  Hoping it still means some expansion of the Dwarfs is on the cards. 

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

I think the fate of Dispossessed will come down to how Dawnbringers/CoS turn out. If everything Duardin has been ripped out that might be a good sign in a... weird kind of way that we'd see some kind of Khazalid Empire standalone 'tome. I don't feel like GW would bring back Grombrindal just for some BL stories (hell, even Gotrek got a model), especially since he can act where Grungni might not be able to but still be an extremely powerful model on the tabletop - but then again how long have people been waiting for Malerion?

There's also the mystery of the Gholems. They're very tied to Grungni and Soulbound mentions them living in Order cities, but we've never actually seen them. Whilst they could just be another Silent People or Grotbag Scuttlers, it's odd they threw out such specific circumstances in background lore without showing us anything about them, almost like they don't want to let slip of future model designs or something.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • LOVE IT! 1

If they do release more dwarf stuff I hope it's not the archetype of what most think of dwarves today. 

As started before there are loads of models from many companies that fit that bill. 

Give us AoS dwarves, mechanical war suits, weird and wonderful war machines, dwarf wizards. Do something different and breath life into a tired fantasy troupe. 

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 1

49 minutes ago, Freypal said:

As an owner of a large WFB Dwarf army from back in the day, and an owner of both FS and KO.... I'd love for them to flesh out the dispossessed to round out the Dwarf line. The lore is there, they're still kicking around with it written that they're striking out to reclaim lost Karaks but they're just in the background. Armoured troops, war machines... classic archetype... think they'd complement the current armies well. Even if it ends up being a high elf to Lumineth type reboot, there's definitely space for them. 

I thought this had been teased at too in not to distant stories. Grombrindal and Grungni working at something to unify them...  Hoping it still means some expansion of the Dwarfs is on the cards. 

36 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

I think the fate of Dispossessed will come down to how Dawnbringers/CoS turn out. If everything Duardin has been ripped out that might be a good sign in a... weird kind of way that we'd see some kind of Khazalid Empire standalone 'tome. I don't feel like GW would bring back Grombrindal just for some BL stories (hell, even Gotrek got a model), especially since he can act where Grungni might not be able to but still be an extremely powerful model on the tabletop - but then again how long have people been waiting for Malerion?

There's also the mystery of the Gholems. They're very tied to Grungni and Soulbound mentions them living in Order cities, but we've never actually seen them. Whilst they could just be another Silent People or Grotbag Scuttlers, it's odd they threw out such specific circumstances in background lore without showing us anything about them, almost like they don't want to let slip of future model designs or something.

32 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

If they do release more dwarf stuff I hope it's not the archetype of what most think of dwarves today. 

As started before there are loads of models from many companies that fit that bill. 

Give us AoS dwarves, mechanical war suits, weird and wonderful war machines, dwarf wizards. Do something different and breath life into a tired fantasy troupe. 

With GW Im sure they have a rough outline of years into the future and I believe Duardin have a part in it!!

Duardin are integral to WH and I think that eventually, especially after having so much Aelven attention, that GW will return to Dispossessed and Grombindal and they are going to have an influence in the game. 

Dawnbringer Crusades are just the beginning. I believe the narrative will come full circle eventually and have us in claustrophobic Karaks as Dispossessed renamed as RECLAIMERS take the fight to the Chaos, Skaven and Gloomspite Gitz that have infested them.

Skaven will have had their refresh at this point and GG will be given new minis alongside Reclaimers!!

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 4

4 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

In the lead up to 3rd edition I was really convinced we would see new dwarves fairly early and get the Cities factions partitioned into other armies (dwarves spun off/souped, wanderers reintegrated to Sylvaneth, dark elves going to Malerion or DoK...). Since none of that has happened my current belief is that Cities will more or less stay as it is and its subfactions will get updates in waves, starting with Freeguild and Ironweld.

• Like 5

I think exactly the same as @Neil Arthur Hotep.

Btw, I didn't catch up with the last GS presentation until today. I'm glad about the Votann,  I can't wait to play 40k (never played before)!!

I'm still reading Arkanaut Oath and I must say that it's an awesome book. A lot of my main KOs issues (Kharadron metrics, language/dialect, etc...) are explained there. I just hope to see all this stuff in to all new KOs battletomes.

Note: I need to re-learn zBrush/Blender again to sculpt an Aesling figurehead  for a frigatte conversion and maybe an Ogor with a skysuit

2 hours ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

In the lead up to 3rd edition I was really convinced we would see new dwarves fairly early and get the Cities factions partitioned into other armies (dwarves spun off/souped, wanderers reintegrated to Sylvaneth, dark elves going to Malerion or DoK...). Since none of that has happened my current belief is that Cities will more or less stay as it is and its subfactions will get updates in waves, starting with Freeguild and Ironweld.

In your predictions I think there are indeed some fair points, just keeping believe in yourself!

• Like 14
  • LOVE IT! 3

19 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

Seraphon on the other hand needs major overhauls to both their plastic and resin kits! Obviously we are getting a free cities rework but that is another faction in desperate need of updates. Beasts of chaos are also in desperate need for updates.

I think between Warcry and Underworlds Ogors can be brought up to snuff pretty quickly. 

As someone with ogors skaven and seraphon i agree to this message, some peeps just complain cause of ogor monoposes but have u seen gutter runners or our cold ones?

Edited by Ivo
  • Like 3

It would be nice to see the scrolls on the new chosen, as they're the only kit in the new slaves box that we haven't seen so far.

My hope is that they're comparable to annihilators, with 3+ saves, -2 rend and 2 damage attacks. My fear is that they'll largely go unchanged and continue to stay on the bench for most lists.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CeleFAZE said:

It would be nice to see the scrolls on the new chosen, as they're the only kit in the new slaves box that we haven't seen so far.

My hope is that they're comparable to annihilators, with 3+ saves, -2 rend and 2 damage attacks. My fear is that they'll largely go unchanged and continue to stay on the bench for most lists.

Yeah I agree, though they should at the very least be equivalent to Stormcast Paladins in general in terms of strength, even if they aren't Annihilator strength.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CeleFAZE said:

I have a feeling that they will be like a Paladin as they are in units of five. 

15 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

Predictions for tonight's coming next week article? 

My guess is the lumineth and tzeench battletomes as they got moved to summer on the road map and there is only a couple of weeks left until autumn. 

Maybe the amazon bb team as well? 

The LRL/DoT Battletomes have had pretty much zero buildup to them from WarCom, so it seems unlikely to me, but if the Votann Army Set is a two-week pre-order they might be and Necromunda/Khorne as the filler week.

If the Votann is just a one-week pre-order I think it'll be Necromunda and the Khorne warband this week, LRL/DoT the week after, then the Votann set.

Edited by Clan's Cynic

2 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

The LRL/DoT Battletomes have had pretty much zero buildup to them from WarCom, so it seems unlikely to me, but if the Votann Army Set is a two-week pre-order they might be.

If the Votann is just a one-week pre-order I think it'll be Necromunda and the Khorne warband this week, LRL/DoT the week after, then the Votann set.

With the amount of hype the Votann have been getting, they’re definitely a two week release. My money is on Disciples and Lumineth battletomes, plus Necromunda as a “bundle” week (multiple IPs at once) because they’re not that important in the grand scheme of things.