The Rumour Thread

image.jpeg.02b538c272089a3243c1f902f248842b.jpeg
I can say pretty certainly it is not a Seraphon thing despite the Rumor Engine saying "Wait! An image, and it’s just as zoomed-in and impenetrable as the Ancient Ones decreed! " Seraphon rope/cord methods to this point arent as small as the RE and those metal brackets that the feathers are attached to are not very Seraphon either. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Lich King said:

What ever happened to the Silent People? Did I miss something?

The Silent people have only ever appeared in Lore for Underworlds and their Black Library novels. They are probably the least likely of all rumoured Factions unfortunately. Maybe an Underworlds or Warcry Warband someday.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

The Silent people have only ever appeared in Lore for Underworlds and their Black Library novels. They are probably the least likely of all rumoured Factions unfortunately. Maybe an Underworlds or Warcry Warband someday.

Never understood why people thought they would be an army, they're extinct.

• Confused 1

30 minutes ago, Ganigumo said:

Are they extinct?
I thought they were just dormant under the earth like cicadas. IIRC there were some hints of stuff scuttling around and hiding during beastgrave but I might be mistaken.

In the Beastgrave novel it definitely sounds like theyre alive.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Ganigumo said:

Are they extinct?
I thought they were just dormant under the earth like cicadas. IIRC there were some hints of stuff scuttling around and hiding during beastgrave but I might be mistaken.

Yep, they're apparently around and kicking per the lore from Direchasm

image.png.39be343547c9a7d965cc0e13f4fe4786.png

Edited by Me-dude-sa
  • Like 1

Yeah the vibe I got was always “someone thought this would be a cool way to imply the world is bigger and had more people than we see and there’s nothing more to it” and a bunch of people were like “well this is clearly an Easter egg for a new faction” instead of taking it at face value

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, Sahrial said:

Yeah the vibe I got was always “someone thought this would be a cool way to imply the world is bigger and had more people than we see and there’s nothing more to it” and a bunch of people were like “well this is clearly an Easter egg for a new faction” instead of taking it at face value

They have more lore than the Kruleboyz and they got a full army release. The concept behind Silent People is a lot more fun to me than another orruk, aelf, duardin or chaos army.

Edited by Gitzdee
  • Like 5

32 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

They have more lore than the Kruleboyz and they got a full army release. The concept behind Silent People is a lot more fun to me than another orruk, aelf, duardin or chaos army.

Unless, of course, the army is both chaos and duardin. 🎩

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • LOVE IT! 3

The mentioning of The Silent People has roused me from my long dormancy, and with it I say...

I unfortunately don't think they will get a model or army for many years, if even that, but they are still really cool and I hope they get something at some point.

Edited by Grim Beasties
  • Like 5

9 hours ago, Ogregut said:

I stand corrected, they aren't extinct but that hardly paints a picture of an army waiting to conquer the mortal realms.

My impression is that they'll be like the cicadas who spend over a decade under the earth before they emerge, but on a much bigger scale because its high fantasy, possibly spending millenia underground as nymphs until they all emerge and swarm over the land, for a short period (on a cosmic scale, so still potentially hundreds if not thousands of years) only to repeat the cycle.

Maybe they have more direct control over the cycle and have been waiting chaos out too.

8 hours ago, Sahrial said:

GW tends to seed a ton of concepts so they can pull on them at their leisure.

They won't pull on all of them, but it makes new things feel like a part of the history better than stuff like kruleboyz.

With how heavy handed chaos dwarf and malerion stuff is its a guarantee we'll see both, but the silent people stuff could go either way.

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, Beliman said:

Let me understand the new Underworlds band for AoS:

SO, dogs with 2 wounds, save 3+ and ward of 5+ and a crossbow that hit like a KO canon. WOW 

01.pdf 2.7 MB · 5 downloads

The Witch Hunters seem good. Very tanky with nice damage output. Definitely casually playable, but their low move will probably make it hard to actually hunt down any wizards with them.

But what I like most is how auspicious their new attack profiles look. Compare that 3 attacks, 3+/3+/-1/1 repeater pistol with the awful current d3 attacks, 5+/3+/-1/1 repeater handgun on the Outriders warscroll. Going from d3 to 3 attacks alone is huge for consistency. I also highly suspect that anything with a cannon will get a very different attack profile after the next pass, given those crossbow stats.