The Rumour Thread

6 hours ago, zilberfrid said:

I will absolutely get those Torments. Kitbash the human bits to be more generic, and I can use them for all sorts or roleplaying shenanigans. They are brutally horrible, and I love them.

I would also love to see the ideas in the old metal horrors reviewed with GW's current sculpting ability (and in plastic).

gw-99119915014-0.jpg

Agreed! The old Horrors were one of coolest sculpts, so dynamic, would love to see them remade in plastic, but, with amount of Horrors already invested into the tzeent h range I just can’t see it happening this decade.

And funny you say that about that Possessed. It, I’m going the other direction, leaving the Humans on but removing the Daemon heads. 

Edited by Kronos
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

Hearthkyn Warriors. @EntMan!!

And female warriors @Public Universal Duardin!!

lEobVjLF4BCZGRHu.jpg

gYJsjehcUFOotFVu.jpg

2ZrdHF0jjpVfIL7c.jpg

So much to love here.

I like the Fyreslayeresque crests.

Some meh head options, but some lush ones, male and female. 

Power axes!

I got excited thinking one of them was an Ironkin, mixed units would be amazing, but I think the dude in question is a fleshy dwarf with maybe bionic legs. (They have 4 fingers and Ironkin have 3)

Guns. Lots of guns.

Edited by EntMan
  • Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

7 minutes ago, Beliman said:

Concussion Gauntlets and Plasma Axes!!! Ironkin, and female/male hearthkyn!!! Can't wait to see more!!!

I love the lore so far. (Wondering where the Grimdark is going to come from though, but they're fine without grimdark)

Edited by EntMan
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, EntMan said:

So much to love here.

Power axes!

I got excited thinking one of them was an Ironkin, mixed units would be amazing, but I think the dude in question is a fleshy dwarf with maybe bionic legs. (They have 4 fingers and Ironkin have 3)

Guns. Lots of guns.

I agree, I'm really liking these sculpts. I'm pretty sure it's an iron kin though, if you compare the head to the helmeted dwarves they're completely different. The hands are probably just a limitation of sculpting. The guns are probably interchangeable for all the models in the kit so the number of fingers is fixed. Plus on the lore size I imagine they'd manufacture more fingers for iron kin that use standardized weaponry or are performing a task that needs a little more dexterity. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, EntMan said:

I love the lore so far. (Wondering where the Grimdark is going to come from though, but they're fine without grimdark)

I have argued this for Tau and I will argue it here there is nothing more grim dark than providing a flame of hope with the knowledge that the second the Imperium or Forces of Chaos can get their acts together they will snuff that flame of hope. 

To tie this to AOS I feel like with some head swaps and a the right paint scheme we are going to see some amazing KO conversions. To the point that each announcement is as exciting as a KO reveal for me.

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 1

28 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

I have argued this for Tau and I will argue it here there is nothing more grim dark than providing a flame of hope with the knowledge that the second the Imperium or Forces of Chaos can get their acts together they will snuff that flame of hope. 

To tie this to AOS I feel like with some head swaps and a the right paint scheme we are going to see some amazing KO conversions. To the point that each announcement is as exciting as a KO reveal for me.

Every 40K Imperial release is also an Ork release, every League of Votan release is also a Kharadron Overlords release!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

My usual source has hinted that 2023 will be a big year for AOS. Not to expect a new army until later in the year, but expect the remaining Battletomes to get flushed out with some getting new hero and other getting a few units similar to Sylvaneth. 

Seraphon will get more than a hero. Didn’t specify outside of rescuplts. I’d imagine Kroxigor and/or salamanders.

OBR and Soulblight will both be getting new units not just a hero, sometime next year. 

Khorne is getting a much needed hero rescuplt….I’ll assume Valkia whenever they drop that Battletome. 

The perceived plan is to flesh out the rest of the armies and get everything up to date for 3.0. Then expand into other armies.  Similar to what 40k has been doing this year. 

• Like 10
  • LOVE IT! 2

3 hours ago, DinoJon said:

Does anyone have speculation or a source for when the AoS FAQs will be dropped to go alongside the new General's Handbook? I'm chomping at the bit for them. 

It should be soon : " Meanwhile right here at Warhammer Community, we’ve got tons of great new content, including a squad reveal for the Leagues of Votann, free points updates for Warhammer 40,000 and Warhammer Age of Sigmar "

• LOVE IT! 1

4 hours ago, EntMan said:

So much to love here.

Power axes!

Guns. Lots of guns.

It is an Ironkin, 5th down on the left. They mention it in the article.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jetlife said:

My usual source has hinted that 2023 will be a big year for AOS. Not to expect a new army until later in the year, but expect the remaining Battletomes to get flushed out with some getting new hero and other getting a few units similar to Sylvaneth. 

Seraphon will get more than a hero. Didn’t specify outside of rescuplts. I’d imagine Kroxigor and/or salamanders.

OBR and Soulblight will both be getting new units not just a hero, sometime next year. 

Khorne is getting a much needed hero rescuplt….I’ll assume Valkia whenever they drop that Battletome. 

The perceived plan is to flesh out the rest of the armies and get everything up to date for 3.0. Then expand into other armies.  Similar to what 40k has been doing this year. 

Really really hope the Seraphon rumour is true, those scalies need it!! Personally hoping its Saurus Warriors and Salamanders, Kroxigors arent the best but there are worse contenders!!

I could see the Ossiarch unit being archers and for Soulblight maybe an Elite Vampire infantry?

Was there any word on Destruction Tomes?

• LOVE IT! 1

2 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Really really hope the Seraphon rumour is true, those scalies need it!! Personally hoping its Saurus Warriors and Salamanders, Kroxigors arent the best but there are worse contenders!!

I could see the Ossiarch unit being archers and for Soulblight maybe an Elite Vampire infantry?

God what I wouldn’t give for elite vampire infantry. Just make them like ArdBoyz, Chaos Warriors etc. can be 2-3 attacks at 3/3/0/1 with 2 wounds apiece and 6” movement done. 

• LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, HollowHills said:

Enjoying all the releases so far, but I think 2023 will be a FECkin good year too! 👻

2022 is already going to be a Kin good year. Really wishing the happiness and excitement I'm getting from Kin Space Dwarves on everyone else waiting for their thing.

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

38 minutes ago, Ravinsild said:

God what I wouldn’t give for elite vampire infantry. Just make them like ArdBoyz, Chaos Warriors etc. can be 2-3 attacks at 3/3/0/1 with 2 wounds apiece and 6” movement done. 

Just give me armour clad Vampires, give me Underworld Rise of the Lycans!!

3 minutes ago, EntMan said:

2022 is already going to be a Kin good year. Really wishing the happiness and excitement I'm getting from Kin Space Dwarves on everyone else waiting for their thing.

Mate I experienced it 2 years ago with the Sons of Behemat. Enjoy your time in the sun!!

351c3ff55d2c03be3fe1fc4c4260377d.jpg

a814873b379dff86ac63ea7a6628ce81.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Jetlife said:

Actual rumors?  Preposterous!!

This is a fun rumor though!  I could get on board with this!

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Just give me armour clad Vampires, give me Underworld Rise of the Lycans!!

Mate I experienced it 2 years ago with the Sons of Behemat. Enjoy your time in the sun!!

351c3ff55d2c03be3fe1fc4c4260377d.jpg

a814873b379dff86ac63ea7a6628ce81.jpg

Where these images from?

3 hours ago, Jetlife said:

she's a certainty and will probably be exactly the same silhouette as Sigmarvalkia with obvious design tweaks.

Now they could make up for all the upset by either bringing back the khorne dragon for me to buy or alternatively just remake him in plastic for me to buy.  I'll settle for either, I'm not proud - however plastic means he'll stick around in the rules at least.

Til then I'll be going into hibernation, so give me a nudge in a year when it all starts to wake up again. Much appreciated.

2 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

Didn’t say, I’m pretty sure Those are all due soon. 

2 are coming in the fall. I assume Gitz and Ogres. Sons I would assume will be coming Winter with Slaves perhaps. 

• Thanks 1