The Rumour Thread

And for Destruction we still have that rumour from way back when, before the name Vanguard was given to the new SC boxes, that Ogor Mawtribes were to get one with a new Butcher.

Im not sure if that was muddled up with a Dual Box but if Mawtribes are to get only a hero update and according to our Overseer @Whitefang they are, then the Butcher is the best bet as it truly may be the worst looking model in the whole AOS range.

Sons of Behemat are also getting the...I can barely believe Im typing this...KING BRODD as a model!! So no matter what happens in 3.0 Im calling it a win for Destruction.

Im very interested in what Gloomspite will recieve. Will it also be a single hero release? I could see a Spiderfang Hero on Giant Spider and maybe updated Spider Riders? Maybe a Gitmob expansion or more Troggoths.

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 1

2 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

then the Butcher is the best bet as it truly may be the worst looking model in the whole AOS range.

Poor Cubicle7, they worked hard on his art too. 
image.jpeg.d0b227a17c61acf04ac099d319f74fee.jpeg

I do wonder if it’ll be some kind of Gutfort fortress master instead if that’s how they tie-in.

Back in the early Realmgate Wars when the Ogors finally appeared in a novel it was a formation of jagged shield-bearer Ogors that went shieldwall to shieldwall with the Stormcasts. Gutfort master could have one of those massive shields and be defensive to the Beastclaw’s offense as a way to differentiate the two Mawtribes.

Could make a nice callback as we also got the Lady of Vines who was also from AoS’ start.

Im very interested in what Gloomspite will recieve. Will it also be a single hero release?

That’s my safe bet. Hopefully with another new troggherd unit in tow(like on the GHB cover as someone noted) but if it’s Gallet focused too then could get a banger of a new spider-grot. 

Maybe one in the throes of divine mutation from their spider-god like Soulbound depicts:

image.jpeg.4c006bafc3c1981d606e56c99a4eaa01.jpeg

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • LOVE IT! 2

And for Destruction we still have that rumour from way back when, before the name Vanguard was given to the new SC boxes, that Ogor Mawtribes were to get one with a new Butcher.

Im not sure if that was muddled up with a Dual Box but if Mawtribes are to get only a hero update and according to our Overseer @Whitefang they are, then the Butcher is the best bet as it truly may be the worst looking model in the whole AOS range.

Sons of Behemat are also getting the...I can barely believe Im typing this...KING BRODD as a model!! So no matter what happens in 3.0 Im calling it a win for Destruction.

Im very interested in what Gloomspite will recieve. Will it also be a single hero release? I could see a Spiderfang Hero on Giant Spider and maybe updated Spider Riders? Maybe a Gitmob expansion or more Troggoths.

Are we sure we have Sons of Behemat coming? Seems odd when the army has already gotten a Tome Celestial. However, Slaves got one too and we already know they are getting a Battletome in the winter. 

But for fun let’s take a look at what is released for rumor sake. 

Tome Celestials in order: 

Sons of Behemat 

Slaves to Darkness

Seraphon 

Cities Of Sigmar 

Soulblight 

Bonereapers 

Beasts Of Chaos 

Blades Of Khorne 

Kharadron 

Slannesh 

Flesh Eater Courts

So far none that have gotten a Tome Celestial have gotten a Battletome. Now I understand at some point that will change: 

Who’s gotten a Battletome:

Ironjawz

Kruleboyz

Bonesplittaz 

Stormcast

Nurgle

Fyreslayers 

Deepkin

Daughters 

Nighthaunt 

Skaven

Sylvaneth 

This leaves:

Lumineth 

Tzeentch 

Gloomspite 

Ogors

All without an update!

Which is even more suspicious because the released 4 Battletomes for fall are: 

Order

Chaos

Destruction

Destruction

Which matches the remaining ones. 

We know there will be more than one Battletome in Winter so could Winter be the first era of Battletomes for armies with Tome Celestials?!?! Everything would have been “updated” by then and the new cycle could start. Could the Tome Celestial be the release schedule for new Battletomes??? 

My guess is SOB and S2D in winter. Follwed by Seraphon since we did see two Seraphon rumor images. Next would be cities, but that’s a wildcard because we don’t know what is happening with DawnBringers. 

Obviously, shipping and the sewage leak has altered their initial plans, but maybe they have presented a road map.

• Like 7
  • LOVE IT! 1

Just now, Ravinsild said:

Yeah I’m not expecting a new Soulblight Gravelords tome or any new models for a long long time. 

Perhaps, however when they released there was a lot of talk that there was a second wave of them to come similar to LRL…. So who knows 

2 minutes ago, Jetlife said:

Perhaps, however when they released there was a lot of talk that there was a second wave of them to come similar to LRL…. So who knows 

Wow I can’t believe that because there are already so many Warscrolls. Also I think now everything is in plastic so I can’t think of anything which needs an update and I can’t imagine expanding any further :o 

32 minutes ago, Ravinsild said:

Wow I can’t believe that because there are already so many Warscrolls. Also I think now everything is in plastic so I can’t think of anything which needs an update and I can’t imagine expanding any further :o 

Grave guard could really use an update. Like to see a duel kit with a ranged build option. 

Bloodborn could see a full unit kit. 

Nightguard as well. 

There's options. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

Grave guard could really use an update. Like to see a duel kit with a ranged build option. 

Bloodborn could see a full unit kit. 

Nightguard as well. 

There's options. 

Plus if cursed city gets expansions as it’s supposed too, then I could see them falling right into the Soulblight army. 

Edited by Jetlife

5 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

Ther is onley 2 destruction books in tthe fal is that Mawtribs and Son whith Gits int he spring at the earliest?

image.jpeg

Part of it is because the soulblight release some of the dynasty (mainly Vyrkos and maybe Avengorii) felt lacking in terms of units. Both of those Dynasty feel like they should a bit more to them. There also a feeling of a lack of actual Vampire units in the Vampire army

57 minutes ago, Fellman said:

Ther is onley 2 destruction books in tthe fal is that Mawtribs and Son whith Gits int he spring at the earliest?

image.jpeg

I would be ok with Gitz next year. My wallet cant handle getting all my 4 armies updated in the same year (and Aeldari). I would like some more Troggoths because we are still missing the Sour/Sulphur breath Troggs and the Hag but i think we really need a Spiderfang update as those models are aging really bad besides the Arachnarok (amazing model).

Is the Slaves update so large that it could take the whole winter slot for AoS or is the 40k chaos update so big that AoS wil get shoved aside completely? The Cursed City update doesnt have any new models. Could it be that we get Warcry 2.0 in time for Christmas? 

Edited by Iksdee
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, novakai said:

Part of it is because the soulblight release some of the dynasty (mainly Vyrkos and maybe Avengorii) felt lacking in terms of units. Both of those Dynasty feel like they should a bit more to them. There also a feeling of a lack of actual Vampire units in the Vampire army

I'm the only one that has the same feeling with ALL other micro-armies?

Kharadrons have just one theme: arkanauts and two "support" Grundstock units. Grundstock are one of the biggest chartered company that we have, but there isn't even a Grundstock Hero to lead the company (RIP Grundstock thematic army!). And don't forget that there are a other companies around the skycities...

And remember that KOs is a society with diferent guilds. To represent that, we have... 3 heroes and 1 unit! That's without taking in consideration that we have a total of 3 ships, no magic/prayers (I'm fine with that) and no terrain model.

I think that we can do the same for Ironjawz, Kruleboyz, Fyreslayers, FEC, Mawtribes, Idoneth, etc...

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Jetlife said:

That was already pure speculation at the time. Although I would not be surprised if Gravelords get a mid-edition tome this time, rather than waiting until the end again. After DoK got updated for no reason, everything seems possible.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, novakai said:

I agree.

overall I‘d like to have a damage focused playstyle. Currently SBGL only excel in the denial game.

Units like the Vengorian Lord should be scary in melee.

5 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

I agree.

overall I‘d like to have a damage focused playstyle. Currently SBGL only excel in the denial game.

Units like the Vengorian Lord should be scary in melee.

I'd rather see high damage in be the niche of OBR or FEC. I think the positional playstyle of Gravelords fits them well, being the "normal guys" of Death. That's not to say that I would be against a few big scary monsters that can dish it out.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Iksdee said:

Is the Slaves update so large that it could take the whole winter slot for AoS or is the 40k chaos update so big that AoS wil get shoved aside completely? The Cursed City update doesnt have any new models. Could it be that we get Warcry 2.0 in time for Christmas? 

Slaves will be pretty big as far as we know so far. We have confirmation they're resculpting the chaos warriors, chosen, and Daemon Prince, but the chaos knights are pretty likely as well and maybe even marauders. We're also getting new warcry warbands, two new heroes, and a new ogroid unit. There might have been more but it's been a while since I saw the table of contents. 

Given the fact that slaves is pretty closely tied to warcry I think it's pretty likely they'll tie the releases together. I'd guess we'll see the warcry release sometime in Fall a couple weeks before slaves. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Had a game last night with the new GHB rules, on the battleplan Gallet Prize (I think that's the name, it's the first one in the GHB anyway).

Due to the Battleplan AND the realm rules, the person going second could choose two objectives to mess around with, it felt very strategic denying my opponent an objective he controls by making it GV only. 

Bounty hunters was strong, but probably didn't 'decide' the game. More testing required!

We both tried to use the new purple  sun but it got dispelled every time. Sad times!

First glance review is it seems really fun, but I can't really make predictions without playing a bunch of games. The battleplans and realm rules / battletactics are huge and it'll be fun to see what the meta shakes out of all of this.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

6 hours ago, Baron Klatz said:

Poor Cubicle7, they worked hard on his art too. 
image.jpeg.d0b227a17c61acf04ac099d319f74fee.jpeg

I do wonder if it’ll be some kind of Gutfort fortress master instead if that’s how they tie-in.

Back in the early Realmgate Wars when the Ogors finally appeared in a novel it was a formation of jagged shield-bearer Ogors that went shieldwall to shieldwall with the Stormcasts. Gutfort master could have one of those massive shields and be defensive to the Beastclaw’s offense as a way to differentiate the two Mawtribes.

Could make a nice callback as we also got the Lady of Vines who was also from AoS’ start.

That’s my safe bet. Hopefully with another new troggherd unit in tow(like on the GHB cover as someone noted) but if it’s Gallet focused too then could get a banger of a new spider-grot. 

Maybe one in the throes of divine mutation from their spider-god like Soulbound depicts:

A Gutfort master would be epic, kill 2 birds with one stone and make it a dual kit with the option to build Globb Glittermaw, ruler of the Great Gutfort and leader of the Gutbusters!!

Not to mention those half-spider Grots look amazing and terrifying!!

6 hours ago, Jetlife said:

Are we sure we have Sons of Behemat coming? Seems odd when the army has already gotten a Tome Celestial. However, Slaves got one too and we already know they are getting a Battletome in the winter. 

But for fun let’s take a look at what is released for rumor sake. 

Tome Celestials in order: 

Sons of Behemat 

Slaves to Darkness

Seraphon 

Cities Of Sigmar 

Soulblight 

Bonereapers 

Beasts Of Chaos 

Blades Of Khorne 

Kharadron 

Slannesh 

Flesh Eater Courts

So far none that have gotten a Tome Celestial have gotten a Battletome. Now I understand at some point that will change: 

Who’s gotten a Battletome:

Ironjawz

Kruleboyz

Bonesplittaz 

Stormcast

Nurgle

Fyreslayers 

Deepkin

Daughters 

Nighthaunt 

Skaven

Sylvaneth 

This leaves:

Lumineth 

Tzeentch 

Gloomspite 

Ogors

All without an update!

Which is even more suspicious because the released 4 Battletomes for fall are: 

Order

Chaos

Destruction

Destruction

Which matches the remaining ones. 

We know there will be more than one Battletome in Winter so could Winter be the first era of Battletomes for armies with Tome Celestials?!?! Everything would have been “updated” by then and the new cycle could start. Could the Tome Celestial be the release schedule for new Battletomes??? 

My guess is SOB and S2D in winter. Follwed by Seraphon since we did see two Seraphon rumor images. Next would be cities, but that’s a wildcard because we don’t know what is happening with DawnBringers. 

Obviously, shipping and the sewage leak has altered their initial plans, but maybe they have presented a road map.

Mate I think youve hit the release schedule right on the head here!! I would noy be surprised to see everything released in that order except for maybe COS. Or maybe Cities will release then but its major update doesnt happen until 4.0.

3 hours ago, Iksdee said:

I would be ok with Gitz next year. My wallet cant handle getting all my 4 armies updated in the same year (and Aeldari). I would like some more Troggoths because we are still missing the Sour/Sulphur breath Troggs and the Hag but i think we really need a Spiderfang update as those models are aging really bad besides the Arachnarok (amazing model).

Sour Breath/Sulphur Troggoths would be such a welcome addition as those who only run Troggherds currently have 3 units to choose from with Rockguts, Fellwater and Dankholds. Id love to see a medium sized release for Gloomspite with a new Spiderfang Hero, Spider Riders and Sourbreath Troggoths. 3 new kits.

• LOVE IT! 1

I still think it will be Gitz and Sons in the autumn. Was the honest Wargamer the first to leak Lumineth in the autumn? He said we are getting Lumineth, Tzeentch, Gitz and Sons. The ghb proves the Lumineth part is correct.

As for the future I think we'll see warcry 2.0 in the summer.

The 40k Chaos release isn't that big. 5 new kits plus the 3 previously released killteams. The demon prince isn't in the book so it will come with slaves to Darkness. That release also isn't that big. 5 new kits plus 3 warcry kits. 

I'm really curious to see what comes this summer. Are Leagues of Votann or the imperial guard coming sooner than expected? I'm very confident we'll see warcry and hopefully the witch Hunter warband too, probably another killteam box with the imperial guard and a black library week with the two new heroes. 

It feels like we are due for a preview event in July. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Sour Breath/Sulphur Troggoths would be such a welcome addition as those who only run Troggherds currently have 3 units to choose from with Rockguts, Fellwater and Dankholds. Id love to see a medium sized release for Gloomspite with a new Spiderfang Hero, Spider Riders and Sourbreath Troggoths. 3 new kits.

I think its fair to say we also have the Marshcrawla and Mirebrute Troggoths. I think Gitz players use them more than Orruk Warclans players. We can even target them with our abilities. I am almost done building my Mirebrute at the moment. I own both armies but will be using it for Gitz. 

I would love to see something like these as a new unit for Spiderfang. Spiderfang Spiderfang does whatever a ........ nvm.  

• LOVE IT! 1

14 minutes ago, Iksdee said:

I think its fair to say we also have the Marshcrawla and Mirebrute Troggoths. I think Gitz players use them more than Orruk Warclans players. We can even target them with our abilities. I am almost done building my Mirebrute at the moment. I own both armies but will be using it for Gitz. 

I would love to see something like these as a new unit for Spiderfang. Spiderfang Spiderfang does whatever a ........ nvm.  

Very true mate I did forget about the Mirebrute and Marshcrawla!!

36 minutes ago, Chikout said:

I still think it will be Gitz and Sons in the autumn. Was the honest Wargamer the first to leak Lumineth in the autumn? He said we are getting Lumineth, Tzeentch, Gitz and Sons. The ghb proves the Lumineth part is correct.

As for the future I think we'll see warcry 2.0 in the summer.

The 40k Chaos release isn't that big. 5 new kits plus the 3 previously released killteams. The demon prince isn't in the book so it will come with slaves to Darkness. That release also isn't that big. 5 new kits plus 3 warcry kits. 

I'm really curious to see what comes this summer. Are Leagues of Votann or the imperial guard coming sooner than expected? I'm very confident we'll see warcry and hopefully the witch Hunter warband too, probably another killteam box with the imperial guard and a black library week with the two new heroes. 

It feels like we are due for a preview event in July. 

I agree on Gitz and Sons for the next Destruction tomes.

I hope youre right about Warcry releasing this Summer, I really am hoping to see some Destruction Warbands present, maybe even Seraphon as well.

I could see Leagues dropping in September/October, IG maybe even late August.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

e3xat200ihx81.png
I dunno it looks like we are getting some new Chaos Spawn/Demon Princes from the CSM launch to me!

I have finally dipped my toes into 40k with the Chaos Knight Box and it is primarily so that I can proxy my S2D into a futuristic setting, and use the cooler/fantasy 40k models in AOS. It is largely an excuse to get some Ogoroids and tell people they are demons... or these pretty folk and run them as Chaos Spawn in AOS...

I will absolutely get those Torments. Kitbash the human bits to be more generic, and I can use them for all sorts or roleplaying shenanigans. They are brutally horrible, and I love them.

I would also love to see the ideas in the old metal horrors reviewed with GW's current sculpting ability (and in plastic).

gw-99119915014-0.jpg

Edited by zilberfrid
  • Like 6
  • LOVE IT! 3

2 hours ago, EntMan said:

According to the Sunday Preview on WarCom there's a Leagues of Votann squad reveal this week, so hopefully the release is soon.

Oh awesome!! I dont enjoy 40K but Im always interested in seeing models outside of the Marines.

2 hours ago, zilberfrid said:

I will absolutely get those Torments. Kitbash the human bits to be more generic, and I can use them for all sorts or roleplaying shenanigans. They are brutally horrible, and I love them.

I would also love to see the ideas in the old metal horrors reviewed with GW's current sculpting ability (and in plastic).

gw-99119915014-0.jpg

Truly terrifying and horrifically beautiful models!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, zilberfrid said:

gw-99119915014-0.jpg

Yeah those horror sculpts are leagues above the current designs. Much more "horror" imo. 

• Like 3