The Rumour Thread

As for the new paints, good with new options but some look like not that much of contrast at all (like some of the yellows for example)  when painted on the minis and some are very similar to colours that already exists. However, the blue blue and briar queen look really good, and pylar glacier will also have it's uses.

3 hours ago, Mutton said:

Yeah I know what primer is, haha. I didn't know that's what some people considered a "base coat". I kind of always assumed people just meant it was the base layer you put down over primer. I guess it's a malleable term. 

When people refer to primer as a base coat, they are not being malleable, they are being wrong. Can you say you are using primer as a base coat? Sure. Just like you can eat a pile of rocks sitting in a bowl of water at 7 a.m. and refer to it as breakfast cereal. We are all free to misuse words. It doesn't make us right.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mutton said:

Yeah I know what primer is, haha. I didn't know that's what some people considered a "base coat". I kind of always assumed people just meant it was the base layer you put down over primer. I guess it's a malleable term. 

No worries I simply forgot that it’s called primer 🤣

59 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

The vanguard boxes look suspiciously well priced*... is a 105 euro kit a direct conversion to USD? Because 110 USD Vanguard box to start a small DOK force sounds GREAT to me

and by "well priced" I mean "not overinflated in value"

That’s actually a good point. I thought all the Vanguards automatically equaled $130. 

Odd(but in a good way) if these are cheaper. NightHaunt’s needed a financial win after how long their chain spooks were in a really bad spot and reaped peoples wallets.

A friend of mine told me that he heard in a podcast that the new Spiterider Lancers for Sylvaneth would have a 16" move. I know we've seen the attack profile, but did not think the full warscroll had been revealed anywhere. Do we know their move/armor/bravery and/or points? 

51 minutes ago, Gailon said:

A friend of mine told me that he heard in a podcast that the new Spiterider Lancers for Sylvaneth would have a 16" move. I know we've seen the attack profile, but did not think the full warscroll had been revealed anywhere. Do we know their move/armor/bravery and/or points? 

Nothing official. Until we get to pre release date where people are getting advance copies I’m gonna be skeptical on anything. 16” sounds possible for a flyer cavalry though.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gailon said:

It was probably from the most recent episode of Party at the all Points. They speculated about the movement being 16 inches. No news on their profile outside of what GW revealed.

Edited by Lavieth
Typo correction
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, CommissarRotke said:

The vanguard boxes look suspiciously well priced*... is a 105 euro kit a direct conversion to USD? Because 110 USD Vanguard box to start a small DOK force sounds GREAT to me

and by "well priced" I mean "not overinflated in value"

105 euro generally means 130-150USD. Eidolon and the fyrslayer box are both 105 eura and 130USD.

Edited by Rebluff
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

45 minutes ago, Iksdee said:

I think maybe reboxing thing? Or sold out, they could be really good in Scarlet Doom now.

EDIT: I was sent to the US site this morning, so disregard below.

They are back now, but I they were €40, now €50.

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Nighthaunt-Bladegheist-Revenants-2018

And an online retailer that also displays GW's price but hasn't updated yet.

https://www.vliegeruit.com/Warhammer-Nighthaunt-Bladegheist-Revenants

So a neat stealthy 25% price increase.

Edited by zilberfrid

3 hours ago, zilberfrid said:

They are back now, but I they were €40, now €50.

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Nighthaunt-Bladegheist-Revenants-2018

And an online retailer that also displays GW's price but hasn't updated yet.

https://www.vliegeruit.com/Warhammer-Nighthaunt-Bladegheist-Revenants

So a neat stealthy 20% price increase.

first one is US so $50 not 50€

Edited by Matrindur

I am wondering what people think will be the great release at the end of this edition. Will it be BoC, BoK, more Aelves, Silent People, something else?

If i could pick anything i would like a re-imagining of Gitmob Grots. All kinds of weird warmachines, funny contraptions and a bunch of Grots and Snotlings would be the dream. But my money would be on BoC or Ogors i think there is a lot of potential within the Lore for those and they could use some updated models.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

38 minutes ago, Iksdee said:

I am wondering what people think will be the great release at the end of this edition. Will it be BoC, BoK, more Aelves, Silent People, something else?

If i could pick anything i would like a re-imagining of Gitmob Grots. All kinds of weird warmachines, funny contraptions and a bunch of Grots and Snotlings would be the dream. But my money would be on BoC or Ogors i think there is a lot of potential within the Lore for those and they could use some updated models.

Sweet Behemat I would love Ogors to get a massive release at the end of the Edition but if @Whitefang reactions are true it may just be a single Model release, most likely the Butcher.*

I think Beasts of Chaos is most likely!! With the hints in the Narrative of Morghur and with the recent Seasons of War Thondia with people being turned into beasts, not to mention Era of the Beast itself, I think GW is gearing up for BOC to be the end of Edition update as Soulblight was.

If 4.0 is on track for 2024 then sometime next year we may start getting a lot of Beastly Rumour Engines!!

*If any Mawtribes mini needs an update its the Butcher!!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Iksdee said:

Beasts of Chaos, or Grotbag Scuttlers. Or Valaya's dwarves, of course.

But my predictions are just wishlists.

• LOVE IT! 1

There have been some wild rumours on 4chan about ghb changes. Bear in mind 4chan faked the gossamid warscroll, but these do seem to have some confirmation from other sources now (users in AoS coach discord).

* All battleline infantry 4 wounds or less can fight in 2 ranks 
* one drop still exists 

* One new battalion gives infantry + battleline + <5 wounds count as 3 for scoring (Veteran)

* One new battalion gives infantry +1 damage vs units in the above battalion (bounty Hunter) (melee only)

* All battle tactics are replaced, much harder, no easy wins (like monstrous takeover) 

* Player going second r3 picks an objective and can only be contested by infantry CORRECTION It's every battle round you pick an objective. But the same one can't be picked more than once in a game

Edited by PrimeElectrid
  • Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 1

55 minutes ago, PrimeElectrid said:

There have been some wild rumours on 4chan about ghb changes. Bear in mind 4chan faked the gossamid warscroll, but these do seem to have some confirmation from other sources now (users in AoS coach discord).

* All battleline infantry under 4 wounds can fight in 2 ranks 
* one drop still exists 

* One new battalion gives infantry + battleline + <5 wounds count as 3 for scoring

* One new battalion gives infantry +1 damage vs units in the above battalion 

* All battle tactics are replaced, much harder, no easy wins (like monstrous takeover) 

* Player going second r3 picks an objective and can only be contested by infantry

It's every battle round you pick an objective. But the same one can't be picked more than once in a game

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zilberfrid said:

Beasts of Chaos, or Grotbag Scuttlers. Or Valaya's dwarves, of course.

But my predictions are just wishlists.

Ill take all 3. We really need female Duardin representation and also "Generic" Duardin. We have many many Aelf Factions we could do with more Duardin.

Grotgbag Id love to see as well, if just to break up the silhouettes of Destruction and have an answer to KO.

Also who wouldnt want Grots piloting machines!! Its the perfect evolution of low fantasy Orcs and Goblins War Machines from WHFB to the high fantasy of AOS.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, PrimeElectrid said:

Presumably something like “if a model is in base contact with a friendly model from the same unit that is within range of an enemy, that model can also attack as if it was in range”

🤷‍♂️

Yeah. But it feels strange having this, especially just having the new Skaven rule to allow something similar. Or even the reason you took spears over hand weapons?

• Like 1