The Rumour Thread

1 minute ago, EccentricCircle said:

What's all this about Chaos Dwarfs? Have I followed tje thread religiously for montjs only for the thing I'm most excited about to be confirmed on tje weekend I wasn't online? Or is it just speculating based on a contents page? Its hard to tell without reading more than ten pages by the looks of things

Leaked StD battletome contents page listed a Horns of Hashut unit which got lots of us excited. Then the leaked Horns of Hashut warscroll revealed they aren't dwarves.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, EccentricCircle said:

What's all this about Chaos Dwarfs? Have I followed the thread religiously for months only for the thing I'm most excited about to be confirmed on the one weekend I wasn't online? Or is it just speculating based on a contents page? Its hard to tell without reading more than ten pages by the looks of things?

Warband leak called Horns of Hashut for Warcry.

Their picture got shown on new StD battletome for winter and it’s a human cultist leading them.

caused some hub-bub with people wanting all chaos duardin but this is better as it both shows Hashut has been spreading his religion during the Age of Chaos to other races around the realms and opens up the chance for their own book if they don’t wind up a sub-faction.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, EntMan said:

I've not seen the warscroll yet, I'm sure others will elaborate, but thought you'd appreciate a swift response.

Their rules for AoS are plain, rather lackluster and uninspired. Maybe I want chorfs to be interesting too much though…

4 hours ago, Baron Klatz said:

Yeah, some rumor mongers put “Sylvaneth coming and will make controversy 👀” which can be interpreted in an endless number of ways or just blatant click bait.

I hope it’s controversial though on the level of Ossiarch noses, Alarith cow aelves and vampire-drake-centaurs.

Everytime an oldhammer grognard pulls out their hair an Stormcast Prosecutor gets their wings. 👼👼👼

Dark skinned jungle sylvaneth who are all transgender women with muscular physiques and they ride cartoon looking Beatles. Also they are very expensive and have really good shooting with mortal wounds.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

36 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

Dark skinned jungle sylvaneth who are all transgender women with muscular physiques and they ride cartoon looking Beatles. Also they are very expensive and have really good shooting with mortal wounds.

Jokes aside, I do love how this community is decent enough that I can read this and know that the joke is "trans people and people of colour being considered controversial is silly" instead of "including trans people and people of colour is silly."

That said I do play sylvaneth and my hobby budget is stretched thin already so please don't tempt GW to raise prices further!

• Like 19

35 minutes ago, acr0ssth3p0nd said:

Jokes aside, I do love how this community is decent enough that I can read this and know that the joke is "trans people and people of colour being considered controversial is silly"

Indeed! It’s a huge boon for both the community and setting. 

It’s a infinite cosmic fantasy setting, anything can happen and should be allowed to happen. That’s a cornerstone of what makes Age of Sigmar so amazing! :D 

image.jpeg.fbc8e0fb44d56c3f63569d6d55e3f1d3.jpeg

image.png.1c5fff1d7e74048c7b6fe948885c8bb0.png
image.jpeg.a46d61e9a510941a84bb858918fca208.jpeg

image0.jpg

image.png.06b6b930d96e64793b335d97675ed555.png

image.jpeg.faf4cac4cb62dc3ea078b9e8dc652f63.jpeg

Shout it proud! Warhammer’s for everyone! 👏 🎉 

• Like 27
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2
  • LOVE IT! 8

8 hours ago, EntMan said:

Is the StD stuff actually being revealed next week though? In light of the tiny tiny chance I win the comp I'm hoping for a full reveal of all the new squats.

I was wondering if perhaps the leaks, intentional or not, might have to do with not the std battletome being announced anytime soon, but many of the minis - figure that the warcry bands might be announced next week. That's like half the new models and they could, in theory, be released way before the tome.

It would have caused a lot of speculation.and perhaps this puts to bed the question of a new tome or not being a big discussion after fest when they likely want the newer releases to have more of the buzz

55 minutes ago, Baron Klatz said:

Indeed! It’s a huge boon for both the community and setting. 

It’s a infinite cosmic fantasy setting, anything can happen and should be allowed to happen.

This is the truth. My only regret is that I have only one reaction to give.

Like asexual, hyperaggressive muscular fungi is just a thing but "they" is strange? Pfft. Okay.

I don't want to get this thread derailed or have a mod get involved, but for Pete's sake I think we can all agree that the Mortal Realms is a huge, fantastic tapestry made so that we can paint our stories onto no matter what they can be.

• Like 17
  • Confused 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

2 hours ago, HollowHills said:

How funny would it be if this was exactly what it was and you were just leaking it? I'd laugh my face off and immediately buy like, three kits.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, HollowHills said:

Cool, I’ll take three kits. That’ll give me enough beetles to make Scarab Necropolis Knights and a bunch of new daemonettes. 

48 minutes ago, Barkanaut said:

The new demon prince looks dumb. Like a half godzilla monster half wrestling reject. Not scary at all just goofy and dumb looking. 

Interesting. I don't agree at all, though I guess the mouth might not be everyone's cup of tea. Care to share what other aspects of the mini you find irritating and would have designed differently? I personally think they are pretty amazing and tick all the boxes: wings, horns, hooves, menacing weapon and armor..

The community article mentions there's 'more than meets the eye' so maybe they'll be highly customizable?

On a different note: little sad to see there are still some confused reactions to the compilation of gender or 'race' diversity as well as queer representation in AOS. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Barkanaut said:

The new demon prince looks dumb. Like a half godzilla monster half wrestling reject. Not scary at all just goofy and dumb looking. 

I play chaos almost exclusively (for now) ... And I for one am thrilled with the new Daemon prince ... Stunning model in perfect keeping with how I want my slaves to darkeness to vibe ... He's old skool chaos and I love it

• Like 1

After reading all the madness and crazy stories on the internet these days and people feeling stepped on by all manner of things. I just want to say that i can always return here for a daily dose of well placed humor and common sense. Its difficult to find these days.

Thank u all.

(I hope these new Sylvaneth get options to build different kinds of bug, that would be awesome.)

Edited by Iksdee
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Barkanaut said:

My first thoughts were that the demon prince has a resemblance with pacman when i saw the leaks 😁🙈

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Still-young said:

Why is todays rumour engines bigger deal than any others? It’ll be for something like a year off like always. 

They sometimes give rumour pics models from upcoming reveal shows