The Rumour Thread

6 minutes ago, Beliman said:

03.jpg.6f50ca6dc0eba86cad0ac3043ed246fe.jpg

THAT'S AN ARKANAUT!

Dale Lucas… His book ‘Realm Lords’ was pretty lack luster. Do I allow myself to get hurt again in the vain hope that he does a better job this time? In order to explore more of Settler’s Gain and get to see interactions between Lumineth, Kharadron, Stormcast and Daughters of Khaine, it’s pretty likely I will…

Edited by Ledgington
  • Like 4

16 minutes ago, Aleser said:

Interestingly, the "Scathborn" mention that got hyperlinked is for Shadowstalkers and not Khinerai... maybe Arena moved enough of that stock? Maybe Shadowstalkers actually fit into DOK with this tome?

1 hour ago, Ledgington said:

Dale Lucas… His book ‘Realm Lords’ was pretty lack luster. Do I allow myself to get hurt again in the vain hope that he does a better job this time? In order to explore more of Settler’s Gain and get to see interactions between Lumineth, Kharadron, Stormcast and Daughters of Khaine, it’s pretty likely I will…

I think he was shakled by the brief in the last book. It was very much just an introduction to the Lumineth. This book has a much more interesting premise and I'm excited to read it. I also love the cover. If black library can keep doing a new AoS novel every month or so, I'll be happy. 

• LOVE IT! 2

5 minutes ago, Chikout said:

I think he was shakled by the brief in the last book.

I do wonder how much of the BL book jankiness is the constrictions GW sets on writers vs BL grabbing newer writers because it can pay them less. I've noticed a lot of the recommended authors tend to be BL writers who've been there since WHFB was alive.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mutton said:

DoK Blood Rites change was expected. Rerolls are going out the window for the most part. It's interesting, because in some cases, the Rites are worse, in others, better.

Rerolls being changed out for +1 to rolls seems like a good choice for overall game design though, at least it feels like it would be. Less rolling means less dead air for whoever's turn it isn't.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

Rerolls being changed out for +1 to rolls seems like a good choice for overall game design though, at least it feels like it would be. Less rolling means less dead air for whoever's turn it isn't.

Hopefully Nighthaunt will be at least a partial exception, them not being able to benefit at all from mystic shield is a bit of a pain.

• Like 1

I find it funny how they try to circumvent its own rules. They capped the +1 stacking only to add rules that change the hit/wound value.

The other thing that I midly dislike is the acumulation of faction rules, specialy the ones that make you keep track of things or that add more rules depending on the round… is not the amount of bloat the 40k has, but I’m under the impression that they are following the same steps.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Kronos said:

What Business do an Aelf, a Man, and a Dwarf have in the Mortals Realm. 

With some Irony that stormcast strangely reminds me of Karl Urban.  

0ACD1246-756A-4716-A28B-BEFC5615AF26.png

Maybe it is just artistic freedom but could this be tyrionic lumineth?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Jymmy said:

I find it funny how they try to circumvent its own rules. They capped the +1 stacking only to add rules that change the hit/wound value.

The other thing that I midly dislike is the acumulation of faction rules, specialy the ones that make you keep track of things or that add more rules depending on the round… is not the amount of bloat the 40k has, but I’m under the impression that they are following the same steps.

I like the allegiance abilities that change with the round. They keep things interesting over the course of many games and also act as a kind of balancing mechanism since the most powerful buffs are only around for a limited time.

We are definitely seeing an emergence of these kinds of rules in the SM doctrines, deepkin tides, nurgle wheel, necron powers and I think chaos knights and chaos marines are getting something similar

In the case of DOK it incentivizes striking them early. And I like that it can be played around. 

There are very few situations in AOS where I feel overwhelmed with rules. As opposed to 40k where its definitely an issue. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, CommissarRotke said:

Is this the same weapon from 8L?

Nah, all of the Khorne eight lamentations end with “-er” at the end like Crusher, Lasher, Slitter, etc.

I recommend listening to the free audio extract from “War-claw” where Grungni chants their names(extra recommend because it actually is a bop and sounds like Zordon from the Power Rangers doing a rap 😍😞

https://www.blacklibrary.com/all-products/eight-lamentations-war-claw-mp3.html

Also why I’d say this doesn’t make those weapons obsolete so much as a much rarer and better weapon created by an Age of Myth people that didn’t like strange gods coming across the cosmos to colonize their lands and anyone can use is a safer option than the Khorne artifacts that can turn you into a god-killer by literally making You a weapon(the weapons become the handlers so even if you should be dead you won’t die until they’re severed from your body and can’t control you anymore)

Of course that’s accounting for if this isn’t an elaborate set-up with a prize like that popping up all of a sudden…

2 hours ago, Aleser said:

Maybe it is just artistic freedom but could this be tyrionic lumineth?

Could be. Going by the cover the theme seems to be air power between the Kharadron and Stormcast Tempest Lord who are all about their powers of flight(they even make the Angel units Battleline in-game).

If the moon scythe isn’t pointing to Zaitrec Lumineth(which would fit too since they have connections to the magic moons and can go up and visit them like with their personal teachings by the moon spirit Celennar) then it could be Tyrionic with the Zenith Temple as Lumineth that can sail up to the Realmsphere’s cosmos with the cloud spirits along with the other two high fliers if that’s where the Godsbane’s hidden.

Could be a floating sub-realm like that of Golgeth in the Realm of Metal if they’re going for a place hidden from even the gods:

image.jpeg.8245b45edc7e21b1495dd70a66ebda24.jpeg

Atmosphere heavily saturated with caustic magic build-up making it unsafe to journey around while also causing gravity fluctuations and time to slow down and even pool there.

https://ageofsigmar.lexicanum.com/wiki/Golgeth

A Realm of Light version would be even crazier than the metal one.

edit: forgot to say I adore the cover art. Looks like a cross between Age of Sigmar & Final Fantasy. 😍

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Like 5

On 4/26/2022 at 5:46 PM, Nezzhil said:

Yeah, you are right about the Warcry 2 box content is not sure buuuuuut I'm pretty sure we are gonna see Warcry 2 as a new iteration of the game. I'm very hyped.

Warcry was originally previewed at warhammer fest and the new editions of games tend to be previewed there if I am correct.

On 4/25/2022 at 2:02 PM, Snarff said:

They didn't forget. Quoting GW from the pre-order announcement of FS:

'Last Sunday, we also mentioned that the Auric Runefather on Magmadroth would be available for pre-order today. Unfortunately, we jumped the gun a bit there – they’re not quite ready to hit the front lines. Sorry to any Fyreslayer generals disappointed by the news, but rest assured that this beast will be stomping solo into battle in the not-too-distant future.'

That was on the fifth of March. It's been 2 months since then.

There're back... Sort of. On the webstore but if you click on them you get the 404 records expunged error

image.png.53ed67e48f88d584e7c68c4c3a8d2234.png

I would honestly not be surprised if they just release the Magmadroth kit without Vulkites for the same price as the Start Collecting at this point. Would be a scummy move, but par for the course. The other Magmadroth kits on the GW site say you receive the Start Collecting instead of the loose kit.

It's so strange, since the Magmadroth was an actual separate kit back in the day so there should not be a problem with sprues or printing. It's been 2 months without any information. The Idoneth Deepkin Start Collecting is still no longer available, and neither faction is getting a Vanguard anytime soon it seems.

Edited by Snarff

3 hours ago, TreelordRecent said:

Warcry was originally previewed at warhammer fest and the new editions of games tend to be previewed there if I am correct.

Well if you go by how they reveal Killteam 2.0 they didn’t reveal it until July after Dominon launch and they gave Killteam it own preview show for revealing next edition. 

Warcry is sharing its day with the other skirmish games and so it might not get a big reveal ( or at least not a new edition big reveal). The big reveal for this years Warhammer fest seems to be the Horus heresy new edition on Saturday ( sort of like what they did for AoS last year)

Edited by novakai
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Snarff said:

I would honestly not be surprised if they just release the Magmadroth kit without Vulkites for the same price as the Start Collecting at this point. Would be a scummy move, but par for the course. The other Magmadroth kits on the GW site say you receive the Start Collecting instead of the loose kit.

It's so strange, since the Magmadroth was an actual separate kit back in the day so there should not be a problem with sprues or printing. It's been 2 months without any information. The Idoneth Deepkin Start Collecting is still no longer available, and neither faction is getting a Vanguard anytime soon it seems.

I mean...don't buy GW direct? The website is an enigma at the best of times.