The Rumour Thread

Rules for Incarnates (Transcript Edition!!! only legal Leaks!!)

• Can be bound to a Hero, counts as an ally and if you take one in your list, you can't take any other allies.
  • If the bounded Hero is slain, the Incarnate turns to Wild Form and is treated as an enemy with unique properties (explained in each warscroll):
    Spoiler

952286645_WildForm.jpg.b77e6e8eea5642a4f40758c12189deb0.jpg

• Each incarante has "states". It starts in the Primal State (2) and can go up and down. If it reaches the lowest rank (0), the incarnate is slain.
    Spoiler

Incarnate_States.jpg.26e237a4780f106fcecfe57aff251dd4.jpg

• Wounds are allocated normally, but can't be slain (no wound characteristic). In the Battleshock phase, if there are any wounds allocated to the Incarnate, roll 3D6. If the roll is less or equal to the wounds allocated, reduce 1 State and remove ALL wounds from the Incarante. If an ability Slay or Remove the models, instead, Reduce 1 State. The Incarante is treated as having 18 wounds for spells and abilities and this kind of stuff.

Krondspine Incarnate of Ghur: 

• 12" move, 4+ save and 10 Bravery and can FLY and Monster. It's weapons profiles already seen in WC:
    Spoiler

Incarnate_Stats.jpg.0c58e9cb5a8263eecba6dbad433406f2.jpg

• If the Incarante recieves the All out Attack, all friendly units in Dominiation Range recieve it too (if they didn't already recieve another one). If the bounded Hero is a Wizzard, add +1 spell, unbind and dispell if it's in Domination Range.
  • Wildform (see above).
  • All units in domination range (friendly and foe):
    • Cannot Retreat
    • reroll run and charge
    • -1 to cast, unbind and dispell (bounded Hero ignores this).
  • Can charge enemy endless spells
  • If it kills a Monster or eats an Endless spell (see below), add +1 to it's State:
    • It has an specific Monstruous Rampage to devour Endless Spells. If it beats the ES casting value with a roll of 2D6 + Current State= NOM NOM NOM. But if it can't beat the roll, the Incarnate lose 1 State.
  • 400 points

Edited by Beliman
grammar and new info
  • Thanks 5

8 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

That's awful. It depends on the survivability of your heroes how useful it is, but points cost doesn't reflect that.

Not really, even if it goes wild you still control it, it's just forced to charge, so you use your run and charge to send it close to the enemy and it's actually better than before

It's probably the among the best non-hero monsters in the game and seems great Vs melee alpha strike armies (need minimum of two turns to kill it and can't retreat from it while it strikes back before degrading)

Edited by Marcvs
  • Like 6

Yeah my biggest concern is keeping it topped up as Endless Spells aren't as common nowadays and most monsters in competitive play tend to be very tough, but at base it has 8 Rend 2 Damage 2 and 3 Rend 3 Damage 4 attacks (starts at level 2) which is pretty hardcore for 400 points - even without mortals the Incarnate can punch through most things pretty easily, at least judging it against the very similar Karazai profile and my recent experiences with him.

It isn't the beefiest - that 3D6 roll to see if it degrades in each battleshock phase is obviously highly variable but you can reasonably expect it to degrade if it suffers ~10-11 wounds in a turn. It seems a really good target for Mystic Shield in most lists just to try and keep it up a turn or two longer. 

I think its utility uses are the most interesting aspect of it. At base level 2, all units (friendly and enemy) wholly within 10" of it cannot retreat but get to re-roll run and charge rolls. That seems like a big deal against and with certain armies if you're deliberate with your positioning. The multi-use All Out Attack buff looks really strong for any army with fights first/last effects to chain together combats with +1 to-hit. 

Given the above and the free +1 to cast for its controller, I'm really keen to try it with an Anointed on Frostheart using the Arcane Tome. Casting Mystic Shield with a +1 to give both units +1 save (target the Incarnate, then the Phoenix gets its own +1 when it casts a spell) the Incarnate offers the damage a Phoenix lacks while the Phoenix' -1 to-wound aura helps keep the Incarnate alive. Sounds tasty to me.

At 400 points, it's definitely going to see play. It is miles better than a lot of factions' own monsters at minimum. And yes, it is a keyword Monster, so unless I'm missing something it can get you battle tactics (and monster bonuses.)

Edited by Jaskier
  • Like 3

Ok so re the rumours of a new mega gargant model being connected to the 3 images of 3 fingered spites (the bone flute the dude in a bear and the dude on a skull) if this thread is right I am to understand these are the same creatures as the mysterious “creepers” on the final page of the sons of behemat battle tome ?

i could believe that 

• Like 5

On 5/14/2021 at 10:29 PM, novakai said:

Creepers

excerpt from the last page of the Behemat tome:

"Olag sat deep in his cave, slow thoughts sliding like icebergs in the dark waters of his mind.

He closed his good eye for a moment and listened hard, his forearms on his knees and his back flat against the wall where the strange paintings appeared as he slept. Sometimes, the night before a big fight, pictures appeared on his skin, too. Patterns of red, white and black. His hair got twisted all regular at night, sometimes and he heard skittering and scuffling on the cusp of hearing as he woke. He'd given up getting angry about it, given up punching the cave walls in frustration that someone or something was messing with him while he slept. It was the Creepers that did it, those pale, dirty little stick figures that always kept out of sight. Stick figures, like on the walls. Sometimes he heard them whisper-singing, in the tunnels, or saw torchlight glinting from eyes in the dark. "Olag. Olag. Olag the Great", they chanted in their weird hollow voices. It wasn't so bad, especially when they left him food. They could stay he thought, so long as they stayed well out of sight. (...)

Back at his cave, Olag poked at the wound in his knee, wincing as the Creepers dug the sting-rocks out of his back. He could hear them whispering, feel their ropes tugging his mantle back into place, even feel their feet on his skin. He let it slide. They would sew up his wounds after a fight, just as they did his rags"

These lil’ guys?!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The incarnate looks great to me. A monster that would be a threat and unkillable for at least 2 turns.

Even if the hero they are bonded to were slain they will still be highly in your control.

Since most monsters are going to go drastically much higher in points, 400pts for a monster would definitely be a bargain.

But here's the question: can they be bonded to special characters since they are "enchantment" according to the rules?

Edited by frostfire
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Morglum StormBasha said:

Ok so re the rumours of a new mega gargant model being connected to the 3 images of 3 fingered spites (the bone flute the dude in a bear and the dude on a skull) if this thread is right I am to understand these are the same creatures as the mysterious “creepers” on the final page of the sons of behemat battle tome ?

i could believe that 

I am firmly in the camp that this is them and that this is a new Mega Gargant kit. I am all aboard the hype train on this one!!

10 minutes ago, The Brotherhood of Necros said:

These lil’ guys?!

Absolutely I am 100% in the camp that it's the fellas, especially looking at the size of the beard that one is nestled in!!

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, frostfire said:

But here's the question: can they be bonded to special characters since they are "enchantment" according to the rules?

I would expect that you can't, has they are a enchantment and rule 27.3.1 don't allow that. I really hope this is the case, as having this bond to hard to kill named models (like Morathi) could be really problematic.

1 hour ago, novakai said:

Well Whitefang reacted to it either being a new faction or a new Gargant kit, but both are pretty exciting to say the least

But move over Gatebreaker, Crittertamer is the new Gargant in town

It's a Win-Win situation!!

A Crittertamer would be amazing, honestly my hype is so high right now!!

Path to Glory getting some love is good to see, even if it's a weak news month https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/04/07/wars-a-racket-in-thondia-reap-the-benefits-of-outposts-with-this-new-path-to-glory-battlepack/

"Season of War: Thondia also contains new rules for all styles of play – including an additional Path to Glory battlepack for your narrative campaigns. By claiming victory in one of six new narrative battleplans,* your army can establish an outpost in the endlessly contested wilds of Thondia. From here, you can press deeper into the primeval wilderness, and start the process of growing a huge new settlement."

"There are a plethora of discoveries only found in the untamed lands of Thondia – even unique quests for binding a Krondspine Incarnate, or tracking down a HERO hailing from Ghur. Yes, you can go on a quest to recruit a custom character of your own design, forged on the divine heat of the Anvil of Apotheosis: Ghur. You can create anything from a leader for your force to recruit early and use throughout the campaign, to an enormous monster to put a final cap on your force. We’ll be covering how the Anvil works later this week – stay tuned!"

• Like 3

19 hours ago, zilberfrid said:

That's awful. It depends on the survivability of your heroes how useful it is, but points cost doesn't reflect that.

So if your army can already survive hero smacking, it's great, if not, its presence reduces your options.

At least Morathi is happy with it.

Named heroes cant use the incarnate, as its an enhancement. 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Garrac said:

Um. anyone knows when will it be the next GW's big event? One where they could make big announcements...

Usually Warhammerfest in May!! I'm really looking forward to it as I feel they didnt reveal too much at Adepticon to make the wait between releases Previewed and available to buy a bit shorter. 

Also they had to unveil Horus Heresy at Adepticon because that leak has to be at least a year old at this point.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, tkt32583 said:

Any rumours that relate to BoC or CoS getting any type of model refresh this side of 2022? I'm assuming with WD updates they will be relegated to 2023, in which case I'll peace out of AoS until then.

At the moment there are no rumours regarding either Faction unfortunately. Next Tomes may be Skaven and Sylvaneth.

5 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

At the moment there are no rumours regarding either Faction unfortunately. Next Tomes may be Skaven and Sylvaneth.

I hope for Skaven player's sake they get a range refresh (and all other armies that have a lot of 'Oh I remember this when I was a kid' units). well, back to other things!

• Like 4

After the Skaven, who does have the oldesr minis? Obviously ogors and seraphon have lots of resin, but the sculpts themselves aren't really ancient. 21st century, rather than 20th for the most part. When you step back and look, they're really making some progress at updating things. Does GA death have any resin left now? Maybe just the vargulf? It seems like the others each have one or two resin heavy factions, but its not as common as it was just a couple of years back!

10 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

Usually Warhammerfest in May!! I'm really looking forward to it as I feel they didnt reveal too much at Adepticon to make the wait between releases Previewed and available to buy a bit shorter. 

Also they had to unveil Horus Heresy at Adepticon because that leak has to be at least a year old at this point.

The Horus heresy event has taken up the usual Warhammer fest slot. With golden demon confirmed to be in October maybe that's when we will see Warhammer fest this year. It's possible they will do an online only event for Warhammer fest, but I think we might be waiting for a while. 

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, EccentricCircle said:

After the Skaven, who does have the oldesr minis? Obviously ogors and seraphon have lots of resin, but the sculpts themselves aren't really ancient. 21st century, rather than 20th for the most part. When you step back and look, they're really making some progress at updating things. Does GA death have any resin left now? Maybe just the vargulf? It seems like the others each have one or two resin heavy factions, but its not as common as it was just a couple of years back!

Partly because of rejuvenation, but don't forget they dumped a lot of warscrolls and kits without replacement. I'm not keeping count anymore, but since I started in 2018 it's at least in the thirties.

I don't think that's worth praise.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, tkt32583 said:

Any rumours that relate to BoC or CoS getting any type of model refresh this side of 2022? I'm assuming with WD updates they will be relegated to 2023, in which case I'll peace out of AoS until then.

I think the most we can hope for are some WH:UW warbands in 2022. For CoS there are rumours about a witch-hunter warband iirc (maybe ven Denst style).
BoC we got that rumour-engine pic insect legt; some say jabberslythe?! :) 

Edited by FireAbend

2 hours ago, zilberfrid said:

Partly because of rejuvenation, but don't forget they dumped a lot of warscrolls and kits without replacement. I'm not keeping count anymore, but since I started in 2018 it's at least in the thirties.

I don't think that's worth praise.

That's true. I found them suddenly dropping a huge slice of the cities range very upsetting, but while we lost some resin, it was the plastic kits that went which were the big deal. Either way though more warning would have been nice.

• Like 1