The Rumour Thread

34 minutes ago, EonChao said:

We rarely know that far in advance. There's a Horus Heresy event on the 7th May focusing on the new edition so either there will be a preview in April to show off the box and stuff for other games, or that and other Heresy stuff will be saved for then. I'm not sure if we have a date for Warhammer Fest/UK Golden Demon this year. They might also do something for UK Games Expo (3rd-5th June). 

I'm not sure we're getting a Fest event this year - certainly it's unlikely it'll be in May if they do and it's been many years since it was run in September (thank goodness, got fed up queueing in the rain).  I think the HH open day is another test to see how safe an event is to run - personally I could see GD possibly being run like this for this year.

11 minutes ago, RuneBrush said:

I'm not sure we're getting a Fest event this year - certainly it's unlikely it'll be in May if they do and it's been many years since it was run in September (thank goodness, got fed up queueing in the rain).  I think the HH open day is another test to see how safe an event is to run - personally I could see GD possibly being run like this for this year.

That's true. They have mentioned a UK GD this year but not the format. I guess I'll be hoping I can get the event models at the UKGE this year.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, RuneBrush said:

I asked about Warhammer fest on twitter and got the usual we'll tell when we hear anything non answer. 

I've got nothing against a heresy event in principle but it's rather worrying that it's taking up the usual Warhammer fest slot. I've been listening to the Novels and I'm up to about book 45 so it's not like I don't like the heresy buy nothing about slightly different looking marines get me excited on as a hobbyist. The Nighthaunt hero proves that most of GW's designing creativity is still found in the AoS ranges. I hope we don't have to wait another three or four months to see what else they've got cooking. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Chikout said:

I asked about Warhammer fest on twitter and got the usual we'll tell when we hear anything non answer. 

I've got nothing against a heresy event in principle but it's rather worrying that it's taking up the usual Warhammer fest slot. I've been listening to the Novels and I'm up to about book 45 so it's not like I don't like the heresy buy nothing about slightly different looking marines get me excited on as a hobbyist. The Nighthaunt hero proves that most of GW's designing creativity is still found in the AoS ranges. I hope we don't have to wait another three or four months to see what else they've got cooking. 

Ironically the non-Marine parts of 30k have some of the best sculpts GW/FW have ever done.

• Like 1

• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Ironically the non-Marine parts of 30k have some of the best sculpts GW/FW have ever done.

Amen brother. Plus in addition to the sculpts, amazing army lists for non-marines, under Mechanicum (inc Titan Legions, Knight Houses), Solar Auxilia, Imperial Army, Ruinstorm Daemons, etc

Ruinstorm and Imperial Army are two of the most in depth and customisable lists that GW have released since older 40k/Fantasy. So much potential to make unique forces. 

If The Old World factions have anything like the choices/options of those two, we will end up seeing some amazing armies.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lucentia said:

The instakill ability is kind of interesting in that, unlike most other abilities of its type that we've seen recently, it works even on higher wound heroes, I'm sure we've all had situations where a tough monster hero has survived on 1 wound at an inopportune moment! Of course, the odds of what I assume is a 5w 5+ save model remaining alive within 1" of an enemy monster hero to actually attempt the coup de grace is not high!

Am I correct that it's effectively D3 mortal wounds with three key differences:

- No ward saves allowed (or damage caps).

- If the model isn't or can't be killed (not enough wounds allocated yet) it does nothing.

- It triggers instant kill protection, but this is very rare anyway.

A smaller difference would also be that it doesn't interact with anything that requires you do wounds; e.g. Depravity Points.

I like it - it's different than just D3 mortal wounds at the end of the combat phase, though still reletively similar in function. It's probably weaker than just a straight D3 MWs at the end of the phase as the MWs will likely always do something whereas this may not, but I prefer this as it's a cool way around just doing more MWs.

• Like 5

Remember its the wounds characteristic not the current number of wounds left. 

So the model could have a lot of wounds and be only 1 wound from death before the ability triggers, but unless the total wounds allocated that turn, plus the D3 roll are equal or greater, then it won't do anything. 

It's basically a finisher move that's useful IF you are aiming to target either a small hero model with few wounds; or a model with a lot of wounds that you are ganging up on for the turn. That said I do agree its not a game changer, and its different to allocating mortal wounds at the end because unless the clause is true, then the ability does nothing. 

I do think it sounds powerful and might have some tactical uses in niche situations ,but its more likely to be a boon than something you build around. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Overread said:

So the model could have a lot of wounds and be only 1 wound from death before the ability triggers, but unless the total wounds allocated that turn, plus the D3 roll are equal or greater, then it won't do anything. 

It's just "wounds allocated", not "wounds allocated that turn". Otherwise, I think it would be extremely hard to ever pull off.

But I would still value this ability lower than the usual "Once per battle, 1d3 mortals". Because you are never going to pull this off more than once per battle, and it's probably overall slightly worse than mortal wounds (better when it triggers, but won't always trigger even if you are in range). I like it as a piece of flavour on a buff hero, though.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

It's just "wounds allocated", not "wounds allocated that turn". Otherwise, I think it would be extremely hard to ever pull off.

But I would still value this ability lower than the usual "Once per battle, 1d3 mortals". Because you are never going to pull this off more than once per battle, and it's probably overall slightly worse than mortal wounds (better when it triggers, but won't always trigger even if you are in range). I like it as a piece of flavour on a buff hero, though.

Ahh you are right! I'd got into my heard that it was a one turn thing, but you are right. 

It still remains a finisher move, but yep its a bit more practical than I'd originally envisioned. 

Seems like a decent way to finish off models like Bastian and Yndrasta, who can otherwise tank significant amounts of damage and then heal back up. Very satisfying if you can pull it off, but fairly low impact overall - I think it's a great thematic ability.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

To me this is just as ridiculous as the bloke who burnt his Dark Elf WHFB army.

Dont people enjoy having the minis that they paid a lot of money and spent the time to build and paint? The hobby is more than just whatever is in the Meta right now cant you still play for fun without having to win every single time?

What happens if next Edition they become a top tier army? Are they going to buy/waste their money on a whole Faction once again? It just seems ridiculous to me. 

Just this - imagine the hobby whiplash with, for example, Flesheater Courts or Slaanesh?  Year to year either of those have been Z-tier, S-tier, and other places in between.

Not sure if it's a rumor, leak, or whatever, but BoLS has an explanation about how Incarnates work:

https://www.belloflostsouls.net/2022/03/age-of-sigmar-the-thunda-in-thondia-how-the-incarnates-work.html

400p for a model with an attack that can do a max (conditional) 34 wounds seems not that bad, but that's a lot of points. Let's see if all his buffs are worth (All out Attack, +1 spells, etc...).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Beliman said:

Not sure if it's a rumor, leak, or whatever, but BoLS has an explanation about how Incarnates work:

https://www.belloflostsouls.net/2022/03/age-of-sigmar-the-thunda-in-thondia-how-the-incarnates-work.html

400p for a model with an attack that can do a max (conditional) 34 wounds seems not that bad, but that's a lot of points. Let's see if all his buffs are worth (All out Attack, +1 spells, etc...).

It works different than I expected. I was guessing it would just be an Endless Spell with the MONSTER keyword or something like that.

If that BoLS post is accurate, I think the Krondspine Incarnate seems pretty good. A combat monster that also gives +1 to cast and +1 to hit and can do battle tactics or grand strategies seems like it could be useful for most factions, particularly those without access to monsters. It'd probably be pretty decent in Nighthaunt, for example, and it has an appropriate aesthetic, too.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

It works different than I expected. I was guessing it would just be an Endless Spell with the MONSTER keyword or something like that.

If that BoLS post is accurate, I think the Krondspine Incarnate seems pretty good. A combat monster that also gives +1 to cast and +1 to hit and can do battle tactics or grand strategies seems like it could be useful for most factions, particularly those without access to monsters. It'd probably be pretty decent in Nighthaunt, for example, and it has an appropriate aesthetic, too.

That is also the first thing that came to my mind. Might have to add some spirit host thingies to the model.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Enoby said:

Also, good news for Slaanesh fansIMG-20220330-WA0000.jpg.d0be93ce3d6491f5c21ef55c929ed6bf.jpg

Let's hope for a Beasts of Chaos over a Blades of Khorne.

Really hope they give the army something interesting! My personal wish would be some way to use depravity to get effects rather than summons.

This reduce the list of factions without a 3rd battletome or tome celestial further. Counting for the rumored skaven and sylvaenth tomer, so far the only ones left are:

- Order: Lumineth
- Chaos: Tzeentch
- Destruction: Gitz, Mawtribes
- Death: Flesh-eater
If its true that factions that got a tome celestial aren't getting a new tome this year, now we pretty much have a list of tomes for the second half of the year!

1 hour ago, Morglum StormBasha said:

So if the German white dwarf has been photographed where is the German version of the ko update please?

If photos started showing up, its a matter of time now.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Arzalyn said:

- Order: Lumineth
- Chaos: Tzeentch
- Destruction: Gitz, Mawtribes
- Death: Flesh-eater

Gitz, Mawtribes and FEC seem like especially likely candidates. I could see a paired release of Gitz and FEC, with Gitz getting a tome and hero and FEC getting a bunch of new stuff.

Lumineth is also pretty likely because of that one interview where they said they still had loads of Lumineth stuff in the pipeline and that Lumineth warband we know is coming.

I would guess that Tzeentch gets a Tome Celestial instead of a new battletome, though.

8 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Gitz, Mawtribes and FEC seem like especially likely candidates. I could see a paired release of Gitz and FEC, with Gitz getting a tome and hero and FEC getting a bunch of new stuff.

Lumineth is also pretty likely because of that one interview where they said they still had loads of Lumineth stuff in the pipeline and that Lumineth warband we know is coming.

I would guess that Tzeentch gets a Tome Celestial instead of a new battletome, though.

Yeah, all of the seem all pretty likely guest for the remaining tomes. The sad part is that if Lumineth is in the mix it probably mean they will get the new models rather than the other faction they are paired with. If that is the case, I hope the do Lumienth and Gitz, has other than the spiders gitzs has a pretty big and new range of models already. Also, Flesh-eater and Mawtribes released together would let them use some food/eating puns for the duel box name!

• Like 1

Damn the Incarnate seems like a pretty strong centerpiece with decent support based on that article. Really hoping for a Chamon Incarnate soon, since my armies are themed around it and some could definitely use a monster centerpiece/boost to their casting.

• LOVE IT! 2