The Rumour Thread

2 hours ago, FireAbend said:

Think it's kind of relief not to be spammed with a lot of releases in short time. I would be happy with just a narrative book and some old model updates.

With Warcry, Underworlds and Cursed City (also adding stuff for AoS) we maybe will see more focus on the side-games after the 'confirmed' AoS battletomes and get new stuff in 2023.

So much stuff and no money :( :D 

All this stuff comes in cycles. Everyone seems to be forgetting that during the good AoS times last year, from the release of soulblight straight through the 3rd edition relaunch of AOS, all the releases and articles were essentially AoS related and 40K got the shaft. And you know what?  During that time the 40K community sounded just like us, with "Wheres my stuff" syndrome. Calm down, take a breath, GW is a multimillion dollar company, they are not going to kill one of their cash cows. There's more AoS stuff coming. Let's see what Adepticon has to say. And judging by the past few years of new army releases, there's at least one unannounced brand spanking new army in the works for 2022 that we haven't seen yet. How's that for a rumor? 🤗

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Bosskelot said:

Right now I think AOS really needs to consolidate and update a lot of what already exists within the setting and model ranges before running off to introduce yet more shiny new (but ultimately very sparse) things. It doesn't matter if the designers have a chip on their shoulder about not wanting to be Fantasy again; Seraphon and Skaven exist and need proper updates. FEC and FS need to be actual armies.

This part really hits home for me. Age of Sigmar is still saddled with a lot of baggage from Warhammer Fantasy and some half-realized ideas from first edition. There are definitely some armies around that need to properly be brought into the mortal realms. Since the game is in 3rd edition now, I think we can't use the excuse that we are in the "just starting out" period anymore. I hope that the recent range refresh of Soulblight Gravelords has done well enough to signal to GW that these kinds of updates are worthwhile and that they don't need to constantly rely on releasing more and more micro-factions to keep profits up. They certainly seem to have been a big hit if online buzz and tournament representation are anything to go by.

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

This part really hits home for me. Age of Sigmar is still saddled with a lot of baggage from Warhammer Fantasy and some half-realized ideas from first edition. There are definitely some armies around that need to properly be brought into the mortal realms. Since the game is in 3rd edition now, I think we can't use the excuse that we are in the "just starting out" period anymore. I hope that the recent range refresh of Soulblight Gravelords has done well enough to signal to GW that these kinds of updates are worthwhile and that they don't need to constantly rely on releasing more and more micro-factions to keep profits up. They certainly seem to have been a big hit if online buzz and tournament representation are anything to go by.

Definitely. There's some "classic/generic fantasy" stuff that simply will never go out of style, and vampires and zombies are one. The Lumineth similarly do a lot to hit the "high elf" vibe with their cavalry and foot soldiers while also having some interesting AoS weirdness for those who want it, and I'm hopeful that this indicates we'll get more projects bringing that "traditional" fantasy vibe into AoS without abandoning what makes the Mortal Realms unique as a setting.

The Coalition mechanics are likewise a great avenue for GW to explore to expand armies with minimal resources and risk, though it unfortunately seems like they're backing out of that somewhat if the Maggotkin book is any indication. Darn it, GW, let me yeet my Wanderer Wild Riders through my Sylvaneth Wyldwoods!

Edited by acr0ssth3p0nd
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

The way they did Soulblight Gravelords should be an example of how to proceed with redoing armies. Make some of the old units feel current and replace the heroes of old with awesome new ones and nobody remembers what they lost anymore. This could easily be made into a formula for succes. Redo battleline units, make new leaders, keep some of the models that hold up nicely.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Iksdee said:

The lack of everything else makes me think this is part of some scenery/terrain piece.

They've done rumour engines where they photoshopped out the background before. I think that is the case here. They look like trophies so chaos or destruction are the options. Definitely an AoS rumour, so gw haven't given up on us completely. 

Edit. Wow did they just mess up or are we seeing a megag argant upgrade like they did with Knights and they just forgot this part was old? 

Edited by Chikout

30 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

e93907d7-b328-4b3c-a312-ab6fc6c22061.jpg.372c0c1656371a51b722c653973df424.jpg

DoK shield
Chaos Sword
Duardin axe

MANEATERS!!!

28 minutes ago, Fellman said:

somthing from a gargants belt?
RumourEngine262 Mar22 Content

27 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Last time we saw such an eclectic collection of bits from random faction was the Mega-Gargants. So for me Sons of Behemat and Mawtribes are the factions that most come to mind. I hope this one works out for you @KingBrodd!

Yeah folks that's already on the Mega Gargant kit!? What in the what?!