The Rumour Thread

1 minute ago, Nezzhil said:

The Aspiring Deathbringer was removed from the store today.

So named because khorne are hardly likely to ever kill anything.

Aythangyoeow! I'm here all week! :D

All mirth aside, I'd be happy if we got a khorne hero with the statline of the khornelord that rides the dragon. Proper khorne dude he is, and just as a mighty lord of khorne should be.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, novakai said:

It just the resin/metal one if I am not mistaken? Since the one with Goreaxe is plastic. 

I am guessing to cut down on non plastic model on the web store they just going down the list ones that are multi variant like them and the maneaters 

I think that this Thursday preview they are gonna show us the next Warcry edition with Killteam vibes.

Actually I just realize another limitation to the scriptor mortis is that you can’t select and do a judge roll on the same phase, so if you do eventually kill something with it you have to spent another turn selecting another hero before using it again, but I guess if you survive at the end game where you are guarantee an auto 2D6 you can possibly get a cheeky VP at the end of the game.

8 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

I think that this Thursday preview they are gonna show us the next Warcry edition with Killteam vibes.

I don’t see the chances of it being Khorne vs Maneater though, and it seem like it too early to reveal something like that right now.

In all seriousness, though. The new Nighthaunt hero has one thing going for it. It actually allows for some sort of counterplay through LoS. And if I‘m not mistaken once you‘ve chosen a target you can‘t choose another until Judgement was served. So the NH player, too, has to make a decision. Go with a worse target but get to roll dice earlier? Or wait for a perfect opportunity later in the game. You also can‘t just pop up from the underworlds, as you‘d risk getting killed before judgement was cast/delivered. 

4 minutes ago, Rachmani said:

In all seriousness, though. The new Nighthaunt hero has one thing going for it. It actually allows for some sort of counterplay through LoS. And if I‘m not mistaken once you‘ve chosen a target you can‘t choose another until Judgement was served. So the NH player, too, has to make a decision. Go with a worse target but get to roll dice earlier? Or wait for a perfect opportunity later in the game. You also can‘t just pop up from the underworlds, as you‘d risk getting killed before judgement was cast/delivered. 

This guy 100% wants to be on the board turn 1 to get as many pulls on his slot machine as possible. His ability already coms into effect quite late on average, with it cumulatively being more likely to trigger than not only by turn 4. If you are playing the odds, that's a hard sell because you definitely want to remove the support heroes that are his most likely targets earlier than that if possible.

Making feels bad moments aside, the ability in my opinion is ok, depending on his point he can be a low risk, high reward unit and probably meant for people who like playing against the odds. It’s definitely depend on the player psychological mind profile.

the biggest drawback is that his ability is worthless against any death heroes that makes it a harder sell then it already is.

Edited by novakai

12 minutes ago, novakai said:

Making feels bad moments aside, the ability in my opinion is ok, depending on his point he can be a low risk, high reward unit and probably meant for people who like playing against the odds. It’s definitely depend on the player psychological mind profile.

the biggest drawback is that his ability is worthless against any death heroes that makes it a harder sell then it already is.

It's an auto include for me, I want a scary librarian who can kill someone just by writing their name down. 

Might have to make an actual book with all his victims in. 

Plus its an awesome model which means it has a place in my army. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

This guy 100% wants to be on the board turn 1 to get as many pulls on his slot machine as possible. His ability already coms into effect quite late on average, with it cumulatively being more likely to trigger than not only by turn 4. If you are playing the odds, that's a hard sell because you definitely want to remove the support heroes that are his most likely targets earlier than that if possible.

I actually think this guy is better used against larger targets. A target that can actually survive 2D6 mortal wounds would give you more chances play his slot machine. If you pick off a small target, congratulations, now you have to waist an entire turn just to pick a new target. If you pick that 5 wound wizard turn one chances are this guy wont hit until turn 3 if your lucky. Then turn 4 you get to pick another one and turn 5 you might kill a second wizard. Pick something with more wounds and you get more spins. At least that's how I would use this guy.

19 minutes ago, Chaos Shepard said:

I actually think this guy is better used against larger targets. A target that can actually survive 2D6 mortal wounds would give you more chances play his slot machine. If you pick off a small target, congratulations, now you have to waist an entire turn just to pick a new target. If you pick that 5 wound wizard turn one chances are this guy wont hit until turn 3 if your lucky. Then turn 4 you get to pick another one and turn 5 you might kill a second wizard. Pick something with more wounds and you get more spins. At least that's how I would use this guy.

It depends on what you see as the best use of this guy: Higher mortal wounds output or actually removing an enemy hero. For what it's worth, after thinking about it a bit, larger heroes are probably more tempting targets than I first thought. The chance to trigger the ability twice in a game is not too low, and the threat of 2d6 mortals on a big, expensive hero might make your opponent invest resources into removing the Scriptor. If he's cheap enough that might provide decent value.

Well, they did put Khorne in the list of Khorne's dream Skulls to Reap when they did the bloodthirster mini (or was it Khârn?*)

The scriptor mortis' rules look ok- they feel like they're not as good as they're being made out to be- especially when fighting factions that either can shoot him from afar, or get stuck in quickly and eat the vellum from his book.

Preorder soon for Arena of Shades means in the next week or two?

* alt+0226 for the â!

4 hours ago, Aussiemandias said:

Preorder soon for Arena of Shades means in the next week or two?

I think so. Quite possible it will be next week and they may have early copies at Adepticon. Hard to tell as part of me feels that the AOS schedule is out of whack (maybe more print on demand closer to release??) while 40K seems to be going full steam ahead (guessing to get into a cycle of ITC support before next edition?).

Anyway, back to rumours (ish)- with the DoK vs Nighthaunts possible up for Preorder, we could see them in May depending on things. With Adepticon next week, I’m hoping we see some cool stuff.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Nezzhil said:

The Aspiring Deathbringer was removed from the store today.

Is this gone for ever? Or gone for repackaging?

He was on my longlist for a conversion to use as a unit leader for a 'savage greatswords' idea I've had...

51 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

I think so. Quite possible it will be next week and they may have early copies at Adepticon. Hard to tell as part of me feels that the AOS schedule is out of whack (maybe more print on demand closer to release??) while 40K seems to be going full steam ahead (guessing to get into a cycle of ITC support before next edition?).

Anyway, back to rumours (ish)- with the DoK vs Nighthaunts possible up for Preorder, we could see them in May depending on things. With Adepticon next week, I’m hoping we see some cool stuff.

I'm really hoping we see some substantial AOS content at Adepticon. I know the focus seems to be on 40K right now but I'll be pretty bummed if we only get a shot of the Underworlds Warband.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

I'm really hoping we see some substantial AOS content at Adepticon. I know the focus seems to be on 40K right now but I'll be pretty bummed if we only get a shot of the Underworlds Warband.

Everyone will be bummed which will only feed the current general unhappiness that is AoS right now

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

Totally agree. I think GW know this but they are stuck with their release schedule and I think 40K is more set in stone with redundancy while AOS is flexible. With out all the global stuff going on, I don’t think we would notice any bumps in the schedule.

I really hope they can show some stuff off but I’m managing my expectation. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

Totally agree. I think GW know this but they are stuck with their release schedule and I think 40K is more set in stone with redundancy while AOS is flexible. With out all the global stuff going on, I don’t think we would notice any bumps in the schedule.

I really hope they can show some stuff off but I’m managing my expectation. 

Absolutely mate. I'm going in with the expectations of the Underworlds Warband and maybe a look at the upcoming Summer Battletomes, that's it.

2 hours ago, Malakithe said:

Everyone will be bummed which will only feed the current general unhappiness that is AoS right now

We will have to raise spirits on the TGA if the worse comes to pass!! 

5 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

I personally hope for more The Old World news this coming Wednesday, but I hope to god that we get some news about any upcoming factions or battletomes!

• Like 1

I have two hopes for this reveal, either:

- Show something that we still don't know about (like a new narrative series similar to broken realms).

- Show that some of the upcoming releases we know about (Khaine, Nighthaunt, Order and Chaos) is bigger than the normal foot hero + tome.

I can see any of those helping shake things up a little bit for AoS, but I doubt we will get any of those. Expecting the underwolrds zombie warband + which order and chaos army are getting the tomes (+foot hero and FOMO box) is probably the best to avoid disappointments.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Arzalyn said:

I have two hopes for this reveal, either:

- Show something that we still don't know about (like a new narrative series similar to broken realms).

- Show that some of the upcoming releases we know about (Khaine, Nighthaunt, Order and Chaos) is bigger than the normal foot hero + tome.

I can see any of those helping shake things up a little bit for AoS, but I doubt we will get any of those. Expecting the underwolrds zombie warband + which order and chaos army are getting the tomes (+foot hero and FOMO box) is probably the best to avoid disappointments.

I'd love a new Narrative series or even just a one off book like Wrath of the Everchosen.

• Like 1