The Rumour Thread

12 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Dok are getting a tome, they have already announced that weeks ago

I’m not very certain how that isn’t predictable.

I mean like DoK as a example, as it was a tome we didn't expected to appear this soon and got announced, not as a prediction of a tome yet to come.

12 hours ago, Malakithe said:

No wonder the Imperium is losing when each marine has to go through that long ritual to get armored up.

I watched the video and have to say these Space Marines look good. Do you think GW will ever release models of them? 

Niche, but could be a popular little side earner for them!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, Arzalyn said:

I mean like DoK as a example, as it was a tome we didn't expected to appear this soon and got announced, not as a prediction of a tome yet to come.

It was expected if you start off with the premise of gw can't help themselves but try and force dok into popularity

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CommissarRotke said:

Funny thing about that- I love DOK, as I suspect a good amount of us WHF+AOS fans do, however I do not love their pricetag.

If you run Morathi and Bloodstalkers it's not that bad. Between the Start Collecting, Shadow & Pain and the upcomimg dual box DOK have some nice discounts going on. 

6 hours ago, CommissarRotke said:

Funny thing about that- I love DOK, as I suspect a good amount of us WHF+AOS fans do, however I do not love their pricetag.

DoK are relatively cheap to build an army out of, which is more important than a per box price. They also have a pretty good diversity of models, textures and sizes.

They are a great faction and poster child for what GW is probably forcefully trending towards which are customers with larger singular or coherent collections of models. Rather than the Buy a whole new faction all the time model of yesterday. Personally I think it's a significantly more responsible and moral model of consumption.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don’t think you can say that a forceful trend since GW just release Kruleboyz which while are part of warclans aren’t really coherent with the existing army and basically a new army by themselves.

i wouldn’t say DoK are poster child of anything AoS either sense it only recently that GW made them more accessible  but I would still say their are an intermediate to expert level difficulty  army with you wanted to start collecting them given how difficult it is to paint the army.

5 hours ago, novakai said:

I don’t think you can say that a forceful trend since GW just release Kruleboyz which while are part of warclans aren’t really coherent with the existing army and basically a new army by themselves.

i wouldn’t say DoK are poster child of anything AoS either sense it only recently that GW made them more accessible  but I would still say their are an intermediate to expert level difficulty  army with you wanted to start collecting them given how difficult it is to paint the army.

Which is why stormcast have a pretty significant per box discount. 

Kruelboyz also have a pretty good collection of units. They only are missing cavalry but they instead have a good selection of monsters which I think makes a pretty complete faction with room for creative growth 

7 hours ago, Maogrim said:

If you run Morathi and Bloodstalkers it's not that bad. Between the Start Collecting, Shadow & Pain and the upcomimg dual box DOK have some nice discounts going on. 

So if you run the army one specific way it's cheap to collect, if you step out of line you are "fined" for it?

Not much choice there, but that is on par with new model design.

• Confused 2

11 hours ago, zilberfrid said:

So if you run the army one specific way it's cheap to collect, if you step out of line you are "fined" for it?

Not much choice there, but that is on par with new model design.

I think this is a miscommunication.

At this exact moment in time, DoK are remarkably eay to buy into (I'm doing it)

I'm not sure why they brought up Morathi/Bloodstalkers, because Morathi (the largest singular expense in that list) is nearly the ONLY kit without a bundle/'discount' for DoK right now, and there are discounts around to make most other builds reasonably cheap.

Witches/Sisters are in both Arena of Shades and the Warcry box.

Blood Stalkers/Sisters are in the Warcry Box and Start Collecting!.

The Cauldron/Shrine with most of the leader options is in the Start Collecting! at nearly the same price as it is standalone.

Warlocks and Khinerai are in Arena of Shades.

So the only things NOT on sale  (or the closest GW has to it) at this moment in time are the Melusai Ironscale, Morathi and Morgwaeth's Blade Coven.

I do agree that GW's model heavily penalizes normal purchasing, and I believe this current 'sale'/'cheap' scheme will fall apart very soon, as soon as any (or all) of:

A) the FOMO dual box goes out of stock

B) the Warcry Box goes out of stock/oop like the last bunch seem to have

C) The Start Collecting is scrapped for a new, lower 'value' Vanguard box.

At which point we'll just be stuck paying the newly inflated prices on everything (Khinerai and Snakes went up $5 a box where I am, heroes went up a couple bucks). But at this singular moment, DoK are the 'cheapest' they've ever been, except maybe the Morathi/Snakes build considering the old Shadow and Pain box was literally made for that build.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Enoby said:

I'm not sure when the new magazine itself is dropping, but the update itself is already in the public - it's not great unfortunately :(

Rage incarnate: if a Khorne unit completes a charge that unit increases its damage and rend by one.

Leave none alive: if a Khorne unit destroys a unit in the combat phase that unit can immediately pile into another unit and fight again.

Blood for the blood god: whenever a Khorne model dies it can immediately fight again on a 4+

Would this be it? I’m not sure b/c I found it on Reddit, which is occasionally questionable. 

Honestly, it looks ok. It’s going to make my Blood Warriors Dmg 2 -1 rend on the charge, with a Dmg 3 -2 rend goreglave. It’s not going to steam roll tournaments, but it at least gives an alright bonus if a unit charges. It’s most notable on infantry, and Bloodletters may be interesting with -2 rend and Dmg 2. 

The pile in after killing a unit works in tangent with the Blood Tithe system (which needs a rewrite); it’s going to be very powerful on bloodthirster units, but not mortals. There’s also no limit on how many times you can do it, meaning if you destroy a unit, you can attack the next one, and if you destroy that one you’ll be able to attack another unit afterwards. 

The attack after dying is ok, but it negates the Skullreapers and Bloodtithe rules that do the same. BoK really needs a rewrite, but knowing how incompetent GW is when it comes to writing rules, I have little faith. 

Edited by AngryPanda

Just now, AngryPanda said:

Rage incarnate: if a Khorne unit completes a charge that unit increases its damage and rend by one.

Leave none alive: if a Khorne unit destroys a unit in the combat phase that unit can immediately pile into another unit and fight again.

Blood for the blood god: whenever a Khorne model dies it can immediately fight again on a 4+

Would this be it? I’m not sure b/c I found it on Reddit, which is occasionally questionable. 

Honestly, it looks ok. It’s going to make my Blood Warriors Dmg 2 -1 rend on the charge, with a Dmg 3 -2 rend goreglave. It’s not going to steam roll tournaments, but it at least gives an alright bonus if a unit charges. 

The pile in after killing a unit works in tangent with the Blood Tithe system (which needs a rewrite); it’s going to be very powerful on bloodthirster units, but not mortals. 

The attack after dying is ok, but it m gates the Skullreapers rules. BoK really needs a rewrite, but knowing how incompetent GW is when it comes to writing rules, I have little faith. 

No, this isn't it unfortunately - that would be good :(

The actual one (from a photo) is:

6+ save against spells (not mortal wounds) and a Blood Tithe if you save.

Then there was a small change to the Skull Altar:

- No more -1 to cast, instead all Khorne heroes on the altar can use invocations like a priest and miscasts do D6 Mortal wounds

So yeah, people are a little bummed out about it.

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, Enoby said:

No, this isn't it unfortunately - that would be good :(

The actual one (from a photo) is:

6+ save against spells (not mortal wounds) and a Blood Tithe if you save.

Then there was a small change to the Skull Altar:

- No more -1 to cast, instead all Khorne heroes on the altar can use invocations like a priest and miscasts do D6 Mortal wounds

So yeah, people are a little bummed out about it.

I swear the inconsistency with GW rules team either means they’re incredibly incompetent, or they snort some sort of crack cocaine when writing the rules that gives them a mind numbing high or low, and depending on where they are in this roller coaster of a trip dictates how good the book is going to be. 

But seriously, how do BoC get a rend increase across the board that makes Minotaurs hit harder than a sack of bricks, whereas BoK get this slathering of poop? 

Edited by AngryPanda
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, AngryPanda said:

I swear the inconsistency with GW rules team either means they’re incredibly incompetent, or they snort some sort of crack cocaine when writing the rules that gives them a mind numbing high or low, and depending on where they are in this roller coaster of a trip dictates how good the book is going to be. 

But seriously, how do BoC get a rend increase across the board that makes Minotaurs hot harder than a sack of bricks, whereas BoK get this slathering of poop? 

Yeah, it's a really unfortunate update. I do think that, no matter the spot that Slaanesh may be in at the moment, Khorne is in a worse place - I said a few pages back, but it just seems like GW can't write good Khorne rules for some reason.

• Sad 2

11 hours ago, WarLadle said:

I think this is a miscommunication.

At this exact moment in time, DoK are remarkably eay to buy into (I'm doing it)

I'm not sure why they brought up Morathi/Bloodstalkers, because Morathi (the largest singular expense in that list) is nearly the ONLY kit without a bundle/'discount' for DoK right now,

I did bring up Morathi because, while you usually can't get her with a discount, she is less expensive than for example Teclis or Archaon but still acounts for nearly a third of your army. That's just a lot of bang for your buck, and also well spend because she's an amazing model and insanely powerful.

Really hoping that at Adepticon we get the rest of 2022s Road Map filled out. By this I mean the Chaos and Order Tomes are announced which we think are Skaven and Sylvaneth thanks to our benevolent @Whitefang and Autumns Alliances announced again.

I believe the rest of the year will be Battletomes and Single Model releases so I'm keen to find out which these last 2 Tomes will be. My money is on a Chaos and Death Tome, I'm guessing Flesh Eater Courts and Slaves to Darkness.

I have a hope in that Mawtribes and Sons of Behemat are not released this year as it increases their chances of model refreshes and range expansions. Though in the case of SOB I'm not expecting a new model at all for their Tome though will be Over Da Bad Moon if they get anything.*

*Fingers crossed for a Mancrusher update!!

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Really hoping that at Adepticon we get the rest of 2022s Road Map filled out. By this I mean the Chaos and Order Tomes are announced which we think are Skaven and Sylvaneth thanks to our benevolent @Whitefang and Autumns Alliances announced again.

I believe the rest of the year will be Battletomes and Single Model releases so I'm keen to find out which these last 2 Tomes will be. My money is on a Chaos and Death Tome, I'm guessing Flesh Eater Courts and Slaves to Darkness.

I have a hope in that Mawtribes and Sons of Behemat are not released this year as it increases their chances of model refreshes and range expansions. Though in the case of SOB I'm not expecting a new model at all for their Tome though will be Over Da Bad Moon if they get anything.*

*Fingers crossed for a Mancrusher update!!

I think we're due for some big reveal at Adepticon. Vince Venturella has mentioned twice that he's been working (painting) on a big project that he cannot show us. This weeks Warhammer weekly I believe he mentions he can't say anything until after Adepticon.

My guess is we'll learn more about the DoK/Nighthaunt books and whether or not they coincide with new models for the faction. Possibly the new Nighthaunt boat rumour engine.

26 minutes ago, Horizons said:

I think we're due for some big reveal at Adepticon. Vince Venturella has mentioned twice that he's been working (painting) on a big project that he cannot show us. This weeks Warhammer weekly I believe he mentions he can't say anything until after Adepticon.

My guess is we'll learn more about the DoK/Nighthaunt books and whether or not they coincide with new models for the faction. Possibly the new Nighthaunt boat rumour engine.

I did forget that the Nighthaunt have the Crossbow Gheists or Crossboos as they are affectionately known!! There is a lot of Death RE that are either Nighthaunt, FEC or Cursed City and a large Nighthaunt Centrepiece would be absolutely epic!! I really cant wait for Adepticon but I am going in with low expectations for AOS so anything will be a pleasant surprise!!

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

The advantage of Sons of Behemat is that they can basically just release a single new Megagargant kit with 3 new build options and practically double the size of the range instantly, I believe that was kinda how the equivalent big robot faction in 40k was released, a single kit with a few weapon options first, and then a later release adding another type of robot or two with different options.  It'd be a big kit (and therefore mold) but presumably still a lesser investment for GW than a multi-kit release or full range refresh for another faction, so I wouldn't be surprised to see SoB come up for an update sooner rather than later.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1