The Rumour Thread

2 hours ago, Hawke said:

Also I don't know the person very well so I was eavesdropping whilst also trying to remain part of a different convo so I missed a lot of the details, but I remember their end of year project being a collection of Zbrush sculpts of various monsters.

I know you don't know them well but would you not be able to get in touch with them and say something like, "I overheard some of what you were saying and it sounded pretty cool, do you happen to play Age of Sigmar?". Worst case scenario is that they ignore you and the best case scenario is that you find someone to talk about the hobby with. Also no pressure as I am personally a rather shy person and would likely be unable to ask. 

No matter the case those are some very interesting rumours. I am particularly fond of the various beast rumours.

Edited by Neverchosen

4 minutes ago, Arzalyn said:

And the mysterious Kruleboyz model is finally revealed as a Gutrippaz champion... Cool model, but a little underwhelming that it is a unit champion rather than a hero alternative sculpt.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/01/03/celebrate-this-years-store-anniversaries-with-a-brand-new-inquisitor-and-gutrippa-boss/

eWNPPIlVQgsWQlla.jpg

Bit weak next to the epic inquisitor. 

• Like 3

I think the Inquistor looks unbelievably silly, I have seen enough grizzled bald men with a cybernetic eye to last a life time. This model is brought to you by the letter I.
Also I am glad to see the mighty Inquisitor defeated that horrible Book... I get that 40k is satirical but if you want to riff on Fahrenheit 451 maybe don't have the book have literal ghost demons coming out of it 🙄
I think there is enough there to make a cool proxy. Cut off the giant letter I and change the generic head and it might make a cooler model. also on chaos sorcerer the book stabbing might seem like a ritualistic summoning and could be cooler. 

I much prefer this Orruk I think the only disappointment for me is that Kruelboys are spoilt for heroes already and so other than being used as intended as a unit champion this model will have a hard time making it onto the battlefield.

So overall, both are a pass for me but I think the Inquistor would at least have a place in people's armies.

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, novakai said:

Well looks like the next few Monday are all going to be Eldar. Deservingly so, but given some of Whitefangs reaction I am guessing it going to be quite a lull in AoS news

It is funny all they did was update the proportions and change the haircuts on the unmasked models and now they look soo much better! I still think they need a fun 1950s sci-fi green skin tone. Either way these updates are making space elves more and more tempting.

Edited by Neverchosen

Eldar are getting exactly what I would have wanted for my beloved classic high elves, a rework of the old kits but staying very close to the original look and feel. I think a lot of people would love this for their favorite army. Having the core troops as a new kit is also a big deal. To me, the core troops are the most important part of an army and they need to look good.

• Like 13

2 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

I know you don't know them well but would you not be able to get in touch with them and say something like, "I overheard some of what you were saying and it sounded pretty cool, do you happen to play Age of Sigmar?". Worst case scenario is that they ignore you and the best case scenario is that you find someone to talk about the hobby with. Also no pressure as I am personally a rather shy person and would likely be unable to ask. 

No matter the case those are some very interesting rumours. I am particularly fond of the various beast rumours.

Hey, sorry I don't know them too well so would feel awkward asking, also if it turns out to be about AoS I don't wanna get them into trouble for sharing it.

A lot of people from the course at least know of Warhammer though so I wouldn't be surprised if they played, we were all a pretty nerdy bunch

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Hawke said:

Hey, sorry I don't know them too well so would feel awkward asking, also if it turns out to be about AoS I don't wanna get them into trouble for sharing it.

A lot of people from the course at least know of Warhammer though so I wouldn't be surprised if they played, we were all a pretty nerdy bunch

Sounds like an awesome group of friends. But as I said I totally get it as well and I wouldn't want you to bother them. But they were cool rumours so I hope they turn out to be real. 😁

23 minutes ago, elfhead said:

Eldar are getting exactly what I would have wanted for my beloved classic high elves, a rework of the old kits but staying very close to the original look and feel. I think a lot of people would love this for their favorite army. Having the core troops as a new kit is also a big deal. To me, the core troops are the most important part of an army and they need to look good.

If Ogor Gluttons got the same treatment with a few new heads and dynamic poses, that would be the greatest gift for them.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, elfhead said:

Yep, this is why I've said for years that things like Guardians and Rangers needed to be top priority for any Eldar range refresh. It's really difficult to entice new players into a faction if their main unit is something old and awkward. The Necron refresh wouldn't have been so successful and made the army the 2nd most popular in the game if Warriors hadn't been re-done.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

Sounds like an awesome group of friends. But as I said I totally get it as well and I wouldn't want you to bother them. But they were cool rumours so I hope they turn out to be real. 😁

Yeah was good to catch up, hadn't seen most of them since I dropped out lol, I hope it's true too! Either way I was just happy to get some rumours, though Warhammer shares so many fantasy tropes with other IPs that it could be something totally different

• Thanks 1

The two event models are beauts, particularly love the Inquisitor, 14 year old me would have loved that when I was really into Ordo Xenos. Curious as to why the Chaos knight 8n the preview pretty much has an identical vulture. 

As a none Eldar collector-

4EC4098F-63EA-40F4-B665-BC1CEEB79058.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 6

11 hours ago, Maogrim said:

While I personally find discussion about historical allegory and following implications fascinating, first I would like to humbly suggest to @SeanMaguire1991 and @Noserenda to leave out phrases like 'says more about you than'. This should not be the space for low-key attacks on the character of another person, except he's outright stating harmful sexist, racist etc stuff.

Now, on to the topic: I think asking whether 'Dawnbringer Crusades' is somewhat ideoligically tied to Christian crusades is valid. Fantasy games and their lore are texts and insofar do not develop out of thin air; they are inevitably influenced by the author's / authors' knowledge about history. Even if an author says 'Yeah, no, that's not what I meant' they can and should still be subject to critical literary analysis. Especially today where authors have the possibility to influence heavily how their texts are perceived; e.g. the Harry Potter series, whose author has constantly tried to retrospectively paint the story more diverse and inclusive than the text itself accounts for. 

People should be mindful that if they are going to talk about history they should also be right. The crusades were launched as a counter attack  to defend the harassment of christian pilgrims and sacking of christian institutions and lands by islamic forces. Crusaders were NOT the instigators that most were led to believe. 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 8

30 minutes ago, Kronos said:

The two event models are beauts, particularly love the Inquisitor, 14 year old me would have loved that when I was really into Ordo Xenos. Curious as to why the Chaos knight 8n the preview pretty much has an identical vulture. 

For me its the heads. The details are much more crisp for sure, but holding the heads of the old kit up to the new one... big change xD

35 minutes ago, Kronos said:

As a prospective Eldar collector, they’re incredibly different pictures. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

According to Rumors GW switched to another Poster-Boy faction for AoS.

Which faction might it be? I am assuming Lumineth, however Soulblight appears to be a bestseller.

Oh?
My money is on Lumineth if thats the case. Since there are supposedly even more kits coming eventually with Tyrion and the other temples xD