The Rumour Thread

For comparison, here's the video from last year: 

As someone else said, I think we are looking at a flipped schedule, with front-heavy 40K releases and hopefully a bunch of cool AoS stuff after summer. Importantly, what this tells me is, that the video is looking five or six months into the new year. Plenty of space for big surprises!

(To be fair, though, this video is titled 'Coming Early 2021' whereas the new one isn't. But they display about the same amount of models, yet this one made no mention of Kroak, Dominion, Orks, Black Templars, or even Soulblight - just Cursed City.)

Edited by Magnusaur

22 minutes ago, Magnusaur said:

For comparison, here's the video from last year: 

As someone else said, I think we are looking at a flipped schedule, with front-heavy 40K releases and hopefully a bunch of cool AoS stuff after summer. Importantly, what this tells me is, that the video is looking five or six months into the new year. Plenty of space for big surprises!

(To be fair, though, this video is titled 'Coming Early 2021' whereas the new one isn't. But they display about the same amount of models, yet this one made no mention of Kroak, Dominion, Orks, Black Templars, or even Soulblight - just Cursed City.)

keep in mind 40K had their own trailer during 9th edition too about 6 months prior to this trailer, it just that they were heavily delayed because if the lockdown during the December period. at the time AoS was in a lull in content and they probably had to put more of AoS on that trailer since they already teased many 40K models that had not been revealed yet.

Edited by novakai
  • Like 1

You're absolutely right, it was released on same day as Indomitus, I think. Save the Ork, all of those were still just the one-off model releases for the first six months of the year. AoS sure could have used something similar when Dominion came out...

Anyway, I have high hopes for not only the latter half of '22, but the many cracks in between. But then again, Broken Realms also heralded a lot of wonderful models...

I‘m seeing CSM, Eldar (Maugan Ra & the Avatar of Khaine), something for Tyranids (maybe Genestealer Cults instead), Nighthaunt (either Cursed City or for their new book, I‘d say) and a Dark Aelf that I‘d put squarely into the DoK category which makes me think it‘s for Cursed City or Underworlds. Maybe I missed something but that was round about it. I‘m fine with it, tbh. As others said, it‘s probably the other way round than last year. 

As long as Ogors kick of the second half and get their big release I‘m happy =D.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KingGatorboy said:

I wonder if it’s possible that the teased nighthaunt with the book is a procession leader.  We have pretty much all the known procession leaders except for Cairnking Angrimm (but we were also only told he is the same rank as Reikenor in the army and that he exists)

That‘s an excellent observation and I‘d love it. Each procession becomes its own sub-faction with its own leader (just like the the Legions of the SbGL). Other leaders can join, but don‘t get the corresponding keyword. 

Would give us 4 sub-factions and sounds quite right. I‘m sold!

I have painted 20 dok witch elves and have also painted some dark eldar witches. The elf in the rumor is definitely DoK. My guess is that she’s either a foot hero for DoK, (which is currently sorely lacking in free standing heros outside of the Cauldron of blood kit which provides 3) or she is a character in a warband/cursed city expansion.

The strongest bits of evidence for DoK are the blade on the end of her whip, the straps of cloth around her legs, and her vambraces and greaves. The main inconsistency is that whip wielding Sisters for DoK are traditionally bald and masked, and this model appears to have hair. The fact that she has a special whip (not braided) makes me think she is not warband/cursed city but rather a hero. It would be aesthetically fitting for a Sister hero to have something like flowing hair to set her apart visually from the rank and file. See for instace, the DoK gorgon hero, who is almost identical to the normal medusa but has bigger hair.

Edited by Ggom
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, novakai said:

i wonder if all of them picture is of the same model?

r/Warhammer - Nighthaunt

r/Warhammer - All the 2022 sneak peaks

i would dare say this is a pretty good size model (bigger than your standard hero model) since the book has to be pretty good size to freehand that lettering so clearly

KingBrodd getting his wish when GW drops a bookish Mega-Gargant

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, novakai said:

i would dare say this is a pretty good size model (bigger than your standard hero model) since the book has to be pretty good size to freehand that lettering so clearly

Nighthaunt centrepiece hero then?

The most surprising thing about the DoK is just the timing. We've had a warcry warband, an Underworlds warband and a battletome in the last year or so. Unless they are doing a Lumineth, it only leaves Cursed City. 

As others have said I hope it's not Malerion as I'm hoping for something pretty different for that faction. 

While I'd love lots of AoS minis in the next few months, I'm genuinely excited to see more of the Eldar, especially the avatar. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chikout said:

The most surprising thing about the DoK is just the timing. We've had a warcry warband, an Underworlds warband and a battletome in the last year or so. Unless they are doing a Lumineth, it only leaves Cursed City. 

As others have said I hope it's not Malerion as I'm hoping for something pretty different for that faction. 

While I'd love lots of AoS minis in the next few months, I'm genuinely excited to see more of the Eldar, especially the avatar. 

Could be a DOK character in a cursed city expansion.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, novakai said:

r/Warhammer - Nighthaunt

I agree, but that lettering is suspiciously crisp. This could just have been printed very large (preview models are printed) and decalled.

5 hours ago, Indecisive said:

Nighthaunt centrepiece hero then?

It wouldn't make sense to churn out a hero that's bigger and more impressive than Olynder, the Mortarch of the faction. I think the Black Coach and Nagash will probably remain the biggest models for Nighthaunt. 

Would be very cool if they finally got proper subfactions.

8 hours ago, Rachmani said:

I‘m seeing CSM, Eldar (Maugan Ra & the Avatar of Khaine), something for Tyranids (maybe Genestealer Cults instead), Nighthaunt (either Cursed City or for their new book, I‘d say) and a Dark Aelf that I‘d put squarely into the DoK category which makes me think it‘s for Cursed City or Underworlds. Maybe I missed something but that was round about it. I‘m fine with it, tbh. As others said, it‘s probably the other way round than last year. 

As long as Ogors kick of the second half and get their big release I‘m happy =D.

Chaos Knights rather than CSM, and it’s almost definitely Tyranids rather than GSC, I don’t think we’re getting anything else for GSC seeing as we’ve seen the Tau model coming with their codex after GSC now too and started seeing Eldar and Chaos coming later than that. 

7 hours ago, novakai said:

r/Warhammer - Nighthaunt

Something to consider is that this model has multiple arms. Looking closely, you can see a hand writing/point towards something in the book within the third photo, and the other hand flipping a page on the last photo. However, on the first photo it’s clearly holding a lantern. Either this model has multiple arms, has multiple figures on it (indicating it may be a larger model), or are photos are showing two separate models. 

7 hours ago, novakai said:

r/Warhammer - Nighthaunt

I'd guess they are all the same model, though I hadnt thought about the size of it. It must be quite big indeed.

5 hours ago, Chikout said:

Much as i'd like a new warband or expansion, she is most likely just the obligatory foot hero to go with a quick battletome only release.

• Sad 1