The Rumour Thread

15 minutes ago, Ganigumo said:

Poor gitz got hit hard by the broken realms stuff. The best parts of the gitz subfactions were the battalions...

I waver on battle tactics, I definitely preferred not having them since I enjoyed the more static battleplans of 2e and how much more taxing the game is to play with them, but on the other hand they do add something to the game even if the ones we have now skew the game towards super powerful hero monsters.

Grand strategies are awful and should just get axed. They aren't interesting and in my experience most of the time you just pick one that you get if you aren't tabled.

I think with me and other player I seen trying to play 3rd edition is that battle tactic is so easily to forget to pick one every time is your turn ( especially since double turn exist and you lose your game flow sense when you spend two whole opponent turn doing stuff)

2 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

Wait, I thought it was a Zenith Temple Lumineth Model?

I mean come on Space elves are too silly a concept for the grim and gritty future that is 40k! What's next you will tell me there are orcs, haflings and ogres in space but that they arbitrarily drew the line at dwarves?

true dat, but space dwarves got bretts'd didn't thems :D

• LOVE IT! 1

2 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

So did they just drop the Tau book info out of the blue? I actually think we might get some info on AOS before the Xmas/Newyear previews 😁

They mentioned in the week on Warhammer yesterday that there’d be info on the first codexes of 2022 so not really out the blue. 

Why are people feeling like aos is dying? It felt like 40 k almost got no releases before the aos3 launch. At the same time we had new stuff all the time.

Anyone have a clue if the white dwarf updates will come to FAQ updates, or you specifically have to buy those?

Edited by Howdyhedberg
Some grammar
  • Like 5

9 minutes ago, Howdyhedberg said:

Why are people feeling like aos is dying? It felt lik 40 k almost got no releases before aos3 launch while we had new stuff all the time.

Anyone have a clue if the white dwarf updates will come to FAQ updates, or you specifically have to buy those?

You specifically have to buy them. They are not supported digitally anywhere.

Isnt an obsolete print media business model fun?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Howdyhedberg said:

Why are people feeling like aos is dying? It felt lik 40 k almost got no releases before aos3 launch while we had new stuff all the time.

Oh that’s just the fan hype cycle. That’s been a thing even at the end of 2016:

First half of year fans: “This is amazing! Multiple new battletomes, badass new Ironjawz & Sylvaneth armies, new Silver Tower Warhammer Quest with gorgeous models and extremely fun play both in a group & solo and all wrapped up in a huge global campaign that changed the face of the Mortal Realms! Unbelievable!”

Second half of year focused on 40k and literally written across the AoS official Facebook: “Uhh..GW, hello? Did you forget AoS exists? Are you abandoning us??”

Fans are just greedy dude. Doesn’t matter the franchise or even like AoS3 right now with it’s booming success that’s drawing in a lot of new players.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

22 minutes ago, Sonnenspeer said:

I'm not greedy, just merrily painting models, playing some games, planning my new 2022 army. Maybe I pick up one of the new AoS novels for the Christmas Days... 

Good on ya’! :) 

Guess I should clarify it’s more the vocal minority than anything that enjoy grabbing more than just enjoying the hobby itself. ;) 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Howdyhedberg said:

Because we're 5 months into the big new edition and have 0 idea what is next or even on the horizon.

Meanwhile the next 5 codexes and extensive model range releases are known about for 40k. And that's just in the first half of 2022.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Baron Klatz said:

Good on ya’! :) 

Guess I should clarify it’s more the vocal minority than anything that enjoy grabbing more than just enjoying the hobby itself. ;) 

Steady news keeps people engaged really, and it can be hard to prioritize a backlog when you never know whats coming. My hobby train has been at a glacial pace for a bit as I'm waiting for the winter FAQ & points update since I don't know whats going to change, or whats going to be exciting to me once it drops.

I know a lot of people would love to have a bunch of model releases, but I just want some dates/schedules for whats coming up. 

• Like 7

24 minutes ago, Bosskelot said:

Because we're 5 months into the big new edition and have 0 idea what is next or even on the horizon.

Meanwhile the next 5 codexes and extensive model range releases are known about for 40k. And that's just in the first half of 2022.

Counter point, when we knew the dragons were coming and they were not able to meet the original date people also lost their minds.

I attribute a lot of this to supply chain issues, and other events we have seen the last couple years now.   My small company has had to delay something we had planned for summer 2020 because of the shutdowns we had in my area, and because of supply chain issues now we may have to kick it back summer 2022.   If we made a promise or reveal on it it would have been a disaster.

Its hard to reliably predict anything these days.

Edited by Nerdkingdan
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Baron Klatz said:

Oh that’s just the fan hype cycle. That’s been a thing even at the end of 2016:

First half of year fans: “This is amazing! Multiple new battletomes, badass new Ironjawz & Sylvaneth armies, new Silver Tower Warhammer Quest with gorgeous models and extremely fun play both in a group & solo and all wrapped up in a huge global campaign that changed the face of the Mortal Realms! Unbelievable!”

Second half of year focused on 40k and literally written across the AoS official Facebook: “Uhh..GW, hello? Did you forget AoS exists? Are you abandoning us??”

Fans are just greedy dude. Doesn’t matter the franchise or even like AoS3 right now with it’s booming success that’s drawing in a lot of new players.

Greedy? ... More like needy ... I had a girlfriend like that once ... First 6 months of the year she was fine, but then, all of a sudden after I dumped her she started being all "hey have you forgotten about me?' and "I still love you don't ignore me" or "I've slashed your tyres you b*****d" ... Then the hiding in the bushes outside my house ... The constant calls!! .... Never ending text messages! ... It all got too much and I just had to tell her ... NO KYLIE MINOUGUE! ... STOP!! 

• Haha 4

Normal people would just enjoy their holidays winter break,  by spending time with their friends, families, and love one, Chillaxing, playing video games on not PS5/Xbox Series whatever,  and going outside.

Here we are complaining about miniature toy reveals that won’t be avaliable until three months from now and wallowing for reveal news from a British company

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

45 minutes ago, Nerdkingdan said:

Counter point, when we knew the dragons were coming and they were not able to meet the original date people also lost their minds.

I attribute a lot of this to supply chain issues, and other events we have seen the last couple years now.   My small company has had to delay something we had planned for summer 2020 because of the shutdowns we had in my area, and because of supply chain issues now we may have to kick it back summer 2022.   If we made a promise or reveal on it it would have been a disaster.

Its hard to reliably predict anything these days.

Well, they can do it for 40k, it seems.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, novakai said:

It more of their general Q&C when it comes to their miniatures 

It can't be worse than Forgeworld. The latest dragons and squig are also not doing much to give GW a good reputation.

Mantic only has to outperform the oldest plastics, metal and resin to make better Skaven.

Edited by zilberfrid
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, novakai said:

Normal people would just enjoy their holidays winter break,  by spending time with their friends, families, and love one, Chillaxing, playing video games on not PS5/Xbox Series whatever,  and going outside.

Here we are complaining about miniature toy reveals that won’t be avaliable until three months from now and wallowing for reveal news from a British company

I am an absolute Glutton for Christmas. It's my favourite time of year and this will be the first with my now Wife. I am so stoked for it.

And I am one of those still on the hunt for a Series X. Damn scalpers!! No CEX I will not pay you £800 for that console. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1