The Rumour Thread

2 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

Question, will he replace Be'Lakor as my favourite shadow demon monster?

Why stop at one? With how he talked to Morathi in this story, ol' Mally boy seems single and ready to mingle. If he and Be'Lakor are both claiming to be the master of Ulgu, why not seal the deal and rule it together?

Be'Larion new OTP

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 4

4 minutes ago, KriticalKhan said:

Why stop at one? With how he talked to Morathi in this story, ol' Mally boy seems single and ready to mingle. If he and Be'Lakor are both claiming to be the master of Ulgu, why not seal the deal and rule it together?

Be'Larion new OTP

💞Move over Ironclad AOS has a new best 'Ship!💞

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

52 minutes ago, KriticalKhan said:

I don't think anyone actually wanted him dead, but when you end a lore article with the POV character getting murdered for questioning Malekith's existence, mention dark elves who worship a dead shadow god, and don't use him in anything except background lore for 5 years, people start to get a little suspicious.

Now that we know he's alive in the present day, I'm left wondering what all those hints were supposed to be about

Maybe even GW didnt know what to do with the character in the earlier days of AOS?

16 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

How did I nearly miss this reveal, I have been hyping the return of our edgelord for so long! I really liked the story and it captured the dark political underpinnings of Dark Elf lore very well. I was just warming up to the idea of the new SCE and now the god of shadows and hype has returned... hopefully with kung-fu gripe! Hopefully the new Shadow Aelves return with Mallus Darkblade ready to fight the various avatars, spirits and eidelons of the lesser Aelven forces!

Bo6fxiQ.gif

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Enoby said:

I'm not sure how I feel about this rule - it makes him often uncatchable. That's not to say it's OP (after all, he can be zoned out and won't hit back in combat), but it's the second time they've created a model that the opponent can rarely interact with in the combat phase

Screenshot_20210512-143316_Chrome.jpg

Unless Mannfreds warscroll massively changes, he’s a 11 wound 4+ save hero that costs 340pts, I think it’s fine (based on his current rules at least). He’s very weak and fragile considering he’s the only Mortarch that wants to fight you, the others are all support pieces that want to stay far away from combat as possible (Katakros being the exception)

1 hour ago, KriticalKhan said:

I don't think anyone actually wanted him dead, but when you end a lore article with the POV character getting murdered for questioning Malekith's existence, mention dark elves who worship a dead shadow god, and don't use him in anything except background lore for 5 years, people start to get a little suspicious.

Now that we know he's alive in the present day, I'm left wondering what all those hints were supposed to be about

Perhaps his physical body has effectively died, and he’s unable to manifest as anything more than a shadow? Whatever direction they take him in, I can’t wait to find out! 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

I think between Kragnos, Sons of Behemat, Ghur and people asking for wandering beasts... you are getting your wish for Age of Kaiju!

Now if only Grungni could build some steam powered giant mechs we'd truly be in business!

its my dream of AoS Pacific Rim

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

1 hour ago, Neverchosen said:

How did I nearly miss this reveal, I have been hyping the return of our edgelord for so long! I really liked the story and it captured the dark political underpinnings of Dark Elf lore very well. I was just warming up to the idea of the new SCE and now the god of shadows and hype has returned... hopefully with kung-fu gripe! Hopefully the new Shadow Aelves return with Mallus Darkblade ready to fight the various avatars, spirits and eidelons of the lesser Aelven forces!

I like Mallus Darblade as much as the next elf, but he kinda got vaporized by the Sword of Khaine.  Even daemons don't come back from that.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Koradrel of Chrace said:

I like Mallus Darblade as much as the next elf, but he kinda got vaporized by the Sword of Khaine.  Even daemons don't come back from that.

The power of name recognition saved Gotrek, Eltharion and Sigvald, so lets hope there is some ridiculously convoluted way to bring him back 😌 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Joseph Mackay said:

Unless Mannfreds warscroll massively changes, he’s a 11 wound 4+ save hero that costs 340pts, I think it’s fine (based on his current rules at least). He’s very weak and fragile considering he’s the only Mortarch that wants to fight you, the others are all support pieces that want to stay far away from combat as possible (Katakros being the exception)

I don't think the issue is paying for his points and then not using him in combat, it's the ability to avoid any unwanted fights that will make it a very powerful rule. Think of it this way - seeing as you can now just teleport out of combat before you are struck in your opponent's turn (unless they have a 'start of combat phase' ability too), you can effectively choose how and when to fight every time!

You can rush well within the danger zone of multiple units because you 'really' want to get the charge off onto specific unit X. If you get it, you maul your juicy target and are happy. If you don't though, or even if you do, the return counter-charge is obsolete, as you can just teleport away. And, given the 'restrictions' regarding teleporting, you will likely be able to set up a very beneficial charge for your next combat phase. You are effectively giving yourself the ability to get a combat character wherever you want each turn.

Yes, there is shooting counter-play. There always is. But now you're forcing choices on your opponent which might not be the ones they want to make. I think it has the potential to be quite powerful.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lich King said:

+++ MOD EDIT: Please no leaked photos +++

😄

Kavalos Deathriders 10 points cheaper than Blood Knights with better save, higher damage, able to heal themselves, able to move out of 3" without penalty, mortal wounds on the move, possible to set up anywhere on the battlefield and able to upgrade upon killing something. Imagine them if they were 20 points more expensive. 😮

Edited by RuneBrush
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

With these point values, my guess is that it’s going to be a solid battletomb. Nagash getting a point increase sucks, but looking at the other units in the army, there are definitely going to be some decent lists. 

Blood knights, for example, are very generously priced at 195 points; they’re revealed stats should of at least put them at 200 pts. A 40-man zombie horde is a steal at 230 points, especially considering that it’s rumored they’ll be doing mortal wounds (!) on 6s to hit. Wight Kings are only 115 points, and can support some blocks of skeletons or grave-guard economically. 

Overall, there’s going to be some legitimate variety in army composition. Now, if only GW put this much effort into writing the Slaanesh tome....

Edited by AngryPanda
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Aeryenn said:

😄

Kavalos Deathriders 10 points cheaper than Blood Knights with better save, higher damage, able to heal themselves, able to move out of 3" without penalty, mortal wounds on the move, possible to set up anywhere on the battlefield and able to upgrade upon killing something. Imagine them if they were 20 points more expensive. 😮

TBF i feel Death rider as well as most OBR units are balance in the context of their army rather then against other units. stuff like Catapults and Mortex guard are pretty bonker at their price point but in their army it just alright. Death rider where balance as not as offensively strong for their point but it is OBR only mobile unit and filled a necessary role at one point in the game

though every since Petrefix got change and other armies come out the rider could go down in points

@novakai

Yes, I see your point. I would gladly see Deathriders go down in points. Their only role is to move for objectives. Yet I still think that Blood Knights will turn out underpriced considering their warscroll alone, not to mention probable buffs from allegiance and spells, command abilities etc.

54 minutes ago, Aeryenn said:

😄

you should rephrase that, I thought you were talking about Death Riders. having a better Save and damage. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, AngryPanda said:

With these point values, my guess is that it’s going to be a solid battletomb. Nagash getting a point increase sucks, but looking at the other units in the army, there are definitely going to be some decent lists. 

I am assuming tons of things are going to go up in points. Given that we are using 5s now.