The Rumour Thread

5 hours ago, Morglum StormBasha said:

Broodmothers are canon. There’s thousands of them in end times Thanquol.

I just want some more female Duardin - it’s been 25 years since Queen Helga. 

They are Fantasy canon. Not AoS canon.

I don't think they'd be losing much by changing End Times canon anyway. I'm not a fan of AoS novels, but that period was absolutely unreadable.

Absolutely agree that we need female dwarves though.

Kharadron (represented in books), Fyreslayers (represented in FIERCE art), Disposessed (though GW has forgotten them) and Chaos Dwarves (even though they only have two models left, I still want that). Plus a Valaya faction.

Edited by zilberfrid
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

They are Fantasy canon. Not AoS canon.

I don't think they'd be losing much by changing End Times canon anyway. I'm not a fan of AoS novels, but that period was absolutely unreadable.

Absolutely agree that we need female dwarves though.

Kharadron (represented in books), Fyreslayers (represented in FIERCE art), Disposessed (though GW has forgotten them) and Chaos Dwarves (even though they only have two models left, I still want that). Plus a Valaya faction.

As far i remember in a story of Fyreslayers Broodmothers were mentioned, giving birth also to some monsters (perhaps Moulder clan?).
Still Skaven society directly poured from old world into the new realms so i'd say they're not changed much.

Edited by Snorri Nelriksson

22 minutes ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

As far i remember in a story of Fyreslayers Broodmothers were mentioned, giving birth also to some monsters (perhaps Moulder clan?).
Still Skaven society directly poured from old world into the new realms so i'd say they're not changed much.

If they are in an AoS story, it's a bit harder, but still, I don't have issues with retconning stuff like this away. They retconned female space marines out of the lore, they can retcon females (of any species) being only breeding machines out of the lore. Rats still had quite a bit of time to evolve, and evolution due to warpstone would be quick if GW spent any modeler time on Skaven.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

If they are in an AoS story, it's a bit harder, but still, I don't have issues with retconning stuff like this away. They retconned female space marines out of the lore, they can retcon females (of any species) being only breeding machines out of the lore. Rats still had quite a bit of time to evolve, and evolution due to warpstone would be quick if GW spent any modeler time on Skaven.

Considering skaven are a grotesque and evil Parody of modern society,sexism make sense in a sort of way.

Also i think  is a joke about lab-rats reprdouction but idk.

Edited by Snorri Nelriksson

1 minute ago, Tali182 said:

image.png.2b783ecf9c164c6c11e5bde07d5f62c3.png

That is thigh plate armor right? I do not think Ogor's wear that type of armor and it definitely is not Ogor style armor, to clean and simple, more human armor style imo.

I'd have guessed shoulder, the head and the quiver/arrows make me think its shot from behind the mini and looking at the left shoulder

Perhaps with Ghur on the prowl Cities are getting some beast hunters

1 minute ago, Killymcgee23 said:

I'd have guessed shoulder, the head and the quiver/arrows make me think its shot from behind the mini and looking at the left shoulder

Perhaps with Ghur on the prowl Cities are getting some beast hunters

Could be, but Stormcast Judicators for example have their quiver at their waste so could still be leg

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Iksdee said:

Could it be some kind of figurehead mounted onto some kind of monster/vehicle? I get the feeling it is bigger than a piece of armor.

Based on how thick/big the highlights look in the image I think it is not too big but it is just a guess, we will hopefully not have too long to wait this time! 🤞

10 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

I feel vaguely foolish in my lack of 40k knowledge, I do know we are getting a new starter set but I was more curious if we are specifically getting a larger limited collectors edition? Which I believe did not contain any scenery? I am unaware if the current starter set shares the name Indomitus?

I was talking about this release specifically:
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/06/13/warhammer-40000-preview-whats-in-the-boxgw-homepage-post-1/

They mentioned a launch box in the preview stream, which is the wording they used for Indomitus too. 

Edit: sorry, it’s here they call it a launch box: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/05/10/4-things-you-need-to-know-about-the-next-edition-of-warhammer-age-of-sigmar/

I hope they have their made to order run already planned after Indomitus...

Edited by Still-young
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Still-young said:

They mentioned a launch box in the preview stream, which is the wording they used for Indomitus too. 

Edit: sorry, it’s here they call it a launch box: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/05/10/4-things-you-need-to-know-about-the-next-edition-of-warhammer-age-of-sigmar/

I hope they have their made to order run already planned after Indomitus...

I really hope they don't go down the path of the one hit wonder bigga bumba launch box. It just breeds resentment.

Edited by Kaleb Daark

3 minutes ago, Kaleb Daark said:

I really hope they don't go down the path of the one hit wonder bigga bumba launch box. It just breeds resentment.

Well considering how Indomitus sold, and they’re using the same language, it seems pretty likely. If they have a made to order ready to go as soon as it sells out, there should be at least less resentment. 

23 minutes ago, Kaleb Daark said:

I think if they said earlier that they would do a made to order run if necessary, it would solve a lot of problems. 

• Like 1

Willing to bet al my unpainted mini's on an Indomitus kind of box for the new edition of AoS. Later followed by the full 'Getting Started' range of products (Small, Medium & Large starterbox, Easy to build kits, hobbysets, magazine etc.)

Luckily fear of missing out isn't that big of a deal for me, but I can imagine for some it might be. However, even with Indomitus there was a made-to-order afterwards right? So in the end everyone should be able to get their box (just keep in mind to not spend your reserved hobby bucks on something else in the meantime ;) ). 

Also really curious about the 'new breed of evil' in the box. It seems the Hobgoblins-rumor/video ('Hobgoblins are in the box, we can confirm, Hóbgoblins are. in. the. box.') might be off target after all. Personally still liking the idea of 'tribal' Gitz instead of Fimir-ish creatures. 

Anyone willing to guess a date on which potato-cam strikes true? :) 

41 minutes ago, Still-young said:

Well considering how Indomitus sold, and they’re using the same language, it seems pretty likely. If they have a made to order ready to go as soon as it sells out, there should be at least less resentment. 

Honestly, yeah. Why would they not? They produced a certain amount, sold out completely very quickly, and could then do a made to order job so their supply would meet demand exactly with no leftover stock. Job's a good 'un as far as GW is concerned. There's no real incentive for them not to repeat the same thing here. If they have a made to order set up immediately after, great, but I'm not sure it's necessary.

RE: resentement, well, they've done far worse things before that have spawned even more vocal responses and it's never seems to have meaningfully hurt them. Folks still queued up to get Indomitus and I have no doubt that even those who have reacted with (completely justified) opprobrium to the whole Cursed City debacle would still get one if they had the opportunity.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tali182 said:

image.png.2b783ecf9c164c6c11e5bde07d5f62c3.png

That is thigh plate armor right? I do not think Ogor's wear that type of armor and it definitely is not Ogor style armor, to clean and simple, more human armor style imo.

They seem arrows for a Composite Mongolian Bow to me.

arrows.jpg.f4fcb14ce7c11b237111d2cdf2e9fbad.jpg

Edited by Nezzhil