The Rumour Thread

Nope, it's beautiful. That's how cave trolls should look. When you spend whole life in caves eating magical mushrooms (and grots that eat magical mushrooms) you slowly becomes magical mushroom. Fungoid shamans can confirm.

Edited by michu
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

It looks like a ETB model judging by the base.

it looks pretty cool though, the paint job is maybe a little too bright but I do like how purposely derpy his face is

Edit: oh it for Shadespire, of course it ETB, duh

Edited by novakai

Here we go.... first of many! 

For the comment above, yes all underworld stuff is ETB, but not all moonclan stuff coming will be ETB 

Also here’s a bone for some... see how similar the spore stuff is on the club to the rumour engine pic....Similar but not the same! 

Edited by LLV
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 6

5 minutes ago, BaldoBeardo said:

That's a fugly model, and not in the good troll way. Too busy. Worried the mushrooms-on-everything  motif is the Moonclan hallmark. Ugh.

I love this model, but I do agree about how busy the model is. I'm going to get pretty bored of mushrooms on everything very quickly. I think it works well for this one, I can imagine him slumbering in a cave for so long that they do start to grow on him, only rousing for grub. But on every night goblin model? It's going to get old very quickly, as well as seeing so many armies that are going to be painted in a hippies wardrobe assortment of colours. Thankfully we still have the  old night goblins plastics which will probably still make for a bulk of the troops. Plus these mushrooms look easier to chop off and hide unlike the shaman.

Mushrooms are clearly going to be the new skulls then.

7 minutes ago, BaldoBeardo said:

That's a fugly model, and not in the good troll way. Too busy. Worried the mushrooms-on-everything  motif is the Moonclan hallmark. Ugh.

I have to hugely agree... ?

If it was normal and not all mutated and disproportionate i could get on board BIG time! The mutated thing just kills it for me... 

Art is subjective and all that and I was over the top excited for new Troggs... This is a real let down for this fan. Damn...

Again there is a great creature design (anatomically) under all the extras but just took it too far... 

Wonder how big it is? There's no skulls or anything in the sculpt to get a size reference. 

Interested how this one pans out.

• Like 1

This model is excelent. You know, if moonclan hallmark are mushrooms, it might be an indicator of power. ☺️ The more mushrooms the stronger the unit. ☺️ This is probably a Treelord equivalent of power in Moonclan so he needs to have them a lot. I expect normal troops to have much less or none. But then again I really like it. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, lord_blackfang said:

Man I will be sad if all the noise about grots ends up being just an Underworlds band.

There's definitely a moonclan warband coming mid Octoberish, a week or two after the new set. 7 moonclan grots (with mushrooms on them of course) and 2 squigs. This Troggoth isn't with them though...

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, divineauthority said:

There's definitely a moonclan warband coming mid Octoberish, a week or two after the new set. 7 moonclan grots (with mushrooms on them of course) and 2 squigs. This Troggoth isn't with them though...

Was this mentioned at the seminar? :o

12 minutes ago, divineauthority said:

Is this a warband of 9 models for Underworlds or AoS?

Either way, we now know Nighthaunt, Sacrosant, and Moonclan are in NightVault. Anyone wanna take bets on Darkoath? ;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BaldoBeardo said:

Thank you! This thing is heinous. The face and ears are masterful, but the anatomy is too cartoonish. What's with the oversized/broad torso on tiny legs? It looks like something out of Warmahordes, WoW,  or...The Incredibles. The club is great, but the arm holding the club looks very awkward. How about some dynamism? That loin cloth is awful. This is a missed opportunity at a great model.  Please come back, Kev Adams!