The Rumour Thread

I'm overread most places, but on there I was Overmind2000 - had the old ripper avatar from the default list

And I'm terrible with names too, I only recall you because of the name and avatar icon (and if you'd used a different avatar I'd not recall you at all probably)

I didn't dislike the tauralon as strongly as some posters here, but I do think it looks a lot better in this dark colour scheme.

AoSOpenDay-June30-Tauralon7qb.jpg.e5a6f695ce45cc4020ca6deecc81364b.jpg

I gotta admit, the new Stormcast models are fantastic all around - and I say that as someone who usually dislikes Stormcast. I'm severely tempted to buy a box of Sequitors just to paint them (doesn't hurt that I already have a great idea for a unique colour scheme).

3 hours ago, Overread said:

I do think DoK need a getting started soon; for a faction so newly released its teling that they didn't get a getting started add during the big 2.0 launch and with Morathi and two other new sculpts (snakes and harpies) and a big spot next to Slannesh in the story I can't see Daughters vanishing. 

Start collecting kits always lag a while behind the army book release.  I would expect them to drop some more start collecting boxes to fill in a slow release window.  Sometime in the fall or the lead up to the holidays would make sense.

1 hour ago, Swooper said:

I didn't dislike the tauralon as strongly as some posters here, but I do think it looks a lot better in this dark colour scheme.

It does look better in that color.  I think someone needs to paint it up like a dairy cow.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Skabnoze said:

Start collecting kits always lag a while behind the army book release.  I would expect them to drop some more start collecting boxes to fill in a slow release window.  Sometime in the fall or the lead up to the holidays would make sense.

Yeah and they've also got the Allies box as an inbetween.

I'm surprised they didn't do a backdoor price drop via a reboxing to 20 though.  The price for 10 is really extreme compared to most armies.

Their price makes full sense when Dark Elves were united under one heading and they were an elite unit choice that you might only take a smaller number of; thus whilst being high priced, you didn't have to get many of them. Right now you could easily purchase 120* of them in boxes - giving you 2 groups of 30 Sisters and Witches.  That's a staggering £420 right now so they could very much do with halving the price at the very least to bring them into a value that is more sensible for the volume they are expected to be used in .

*that isn't assuming that you'll use all 120 each game, but that having access to two full detachments of both types is likely to be number most would be comfortable having in their collection as a base to build from. 

14 hours ago, sigmar is scottish said:

So I've heard a few people speculate at a November release for darkoath. 

Anyone else think this sounds Right? 

I think They'll struggle to fit it between Slaneesh and Moonclan. Especially with a campaign for 40k on the horizon, and some big releases there.

July will be Stormcast/Nighthaunt and Killteam

August will be Genestealer Cult/Space Wolves

September Orks, campaign maybe? then Moonclan into 

October.. With Titanicus

So there is maybe a gap for something November, but if Slaneesh is December then it's a small gap.

Common sense dictates that darkoath would come after the 4 gods are here, so post-Slaneesh. I hope not, as I'd love some chaos undivided tribe stuff!

• Like 1

I'd be surprised if we saw a Slaanesh release before January as thats been the Chaos slot for Nurgle and Tzeentch previously. It would be very nice for Moonclan to make an appearance before then, although remember last year there were no battletomes after KOs from may til Nurgle in january! And the year before we had a gap between Sylvaneth in august and Tzeentch in january (albeit with BCR and Bonesplittaz released with no new models right after Sylvaneth). Heres hoping for better pacing this year!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Captain Marius said:

I'd be surprised if we saw a Slaanesh release before January as thats been the Chaos slot for Nurgle and Tzeentch previously. It would be very nice for Moonclan to make an appearance before then, although remember last year there were no battletomes after KOs from may til Nurgle in january! And the year before we had a gap between Sylvaneth in august and Tzeentch in january (albeit with BCR and Bonesplittaz released with no new models right after Sylvaneth). Heres hoping for better pacing this year!

Well last year was the 40k 8th edition and dark imperium releases and that took the majority of the slots of 2017 after KO was release.

this year has probably been the best year in terms of releases for AoS with Nurgle, LoN and the Harbingers, DoK, Idoneth, Soul Wars with SC and NH. and they have imply that there are going to be more new releases coming for all four GA hopefully for the rest of 2018

Controversial I know, but I don't think Slaanesh will arrive for at least a year. The return of the lost chaos god is a massive event, and I can't see them doing it without first filling out their disappearance and what Malerion and Tyrion are up to. Also, doing it this close to the release of Soul Wars steals Nagash's thunder.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, AGPO said:

Controversial I know, but I don't think Slaanesh will arrive for at least a year. The return of the lost chaos god is a massive event, and I can't see them doing it without first filling out their disappearance and what Malerion and Tyrion are up to. Also, doing it this close to the release of Soul Wars steals Nagash's thunder.

It possible since I think GW usually release the Chaos space marine equivalent first before the Daemonkin (1000 sons and then DoT, Death guards and then Maggotkin). if a EC release was on the horizon for 40k I would think a Slaanesh release would be not far behind but I am starting to think Darkoath may come first. 

• Thanks 1

Am i the only one not particularly looking forward to Slaanesh's inevitable escape? I find it far more interesting how the Hosts are currently set up - when Slaanesh is free it will just be back to the old status quo (ok plus Horned Rat!)

Also we had all that build up about Tzeentchs grand schemes after AllGates, and Nurgles renewed assault across all the Mortal Realms and they havent really gone anywhere have they!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Captain Marius said:

Am i the only one not particularly looking forward to Slaanesh's inevitable escape? I find it far more interesting how the Hosts are currently set up - when Slaanesh is free it will just be back to the old status quo (ok plus Horned Rat!)

Also we had all that build up about Tzeentchs grand schemes after AllGates, and Nurgles renewed assault across all the Mortal Realms and they havent really gone anywhere have they!

Are you sure you don't want to see a Slaaneshoquake?

• Haha 2

51 minutes ago, AGPO said:

A first Battletome Hosts of Slaanesh does not have to come side by side with the release of Slaanesh in lore. If Emperors Children really come this year, a plastic KoS (and hopefully fiends, maybe the masque and new heralds as well) will need to be close on their heels. And it makes sense that would be tied up with an AoS release (as daemons are not part of the Legion lists in 40k), which, looking at Maggotkin, would propably mean just two to three mortal kits. That looks about right to represent the current hosts in lore, but not really like the lineup of a Chaos god in full vengeance mode (that would be more of a Bloodbound or Nighthaunt scale release).

5 minutes ago, Captain Marius said:

No, I would be quite happy with Slaanesh staying locked up for a fair bit more, so long as hosts still get a full release in the meantime.

• Like 1

I have read that before nighthaunt and stormcast boxes will come the dark elf blood bowl team, and then maybe 40k orcs, codex space wolves, codex orks and maybe codex genestealer cult. Also I have seen the new 40k kill team for 8th edition so maybe after this new AoS edition we have a summer or maybe some weeks of 40k.

And I'm waiting for that kill team :P

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Hoseman said:

I have read that before nighthaunt and stormcast boxes will come the dark elf blood bowl team, and then maybe 40k orcs, codex space wolves, codex orks and maybe codex genestealer cult. Also I have seen the new 40k kill team for 8th edition so maybe after this new AoS edition we have a summer or maybe some weeks of 40k.

And I'm waiting for that kill team :P

Well the Dark Elf Blood Bowl team has already been posted on GW's "Next Week's Pre-orders" post with no new Stormcast or Nighthaunt boxes, so that's already set. Kill Team has been announced as coming this month, but very often that can mean pre-orders go up the last Saturday of the month. The rest of the Nighthaunt and Stormcast stuff will trickle out this month. I wouldn't be surprised to see the rest of the new models go out in only two waves with the new ministarters and the new start collectings from the old starter either in their own week or mixed in with the new stuff. I don't think there's any secrets for the new AoS stuff, just waiting on release. New announcements will probably be all 40k and releases for it starting at the end of the month, but of it being stuff announced this month and coming out in August. That seems to be the GW way. Talk about something for a month, release it the next and talk about something the next month while it gets released(depending on the release sizes that window can be compressed down to week or two chunks for a series of smaller releases).

18 hours ago, Urauloth said:

You mean you don't all have different avatars and usernames on all the forums you post on so your enemies can't keep track of you..? o.O

Not me. I'm Sleboda everywhere. Different images just for my own amusement more than anything else, but same name.

If I could wave a magic wand and change one thing about the internet, it would be to require real names on all forums. Things would probably be a lot more civil.

Edited by Sleboda
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Captain Marius said:

I'm a bit on the fence about this - I wouldn't want his entrapment to be the new status quo, but I agree that it wouldn't be cool to return to the old status quo either. Perhaps she could be released, but come back much more/much less powerful; it would shake up the status quo, and also be the possible start of a narrative event. 

That said, I think a Hosts battletome will be released before their god is, so Slaanesh will have a full force to use in any narrative events that come up about the release. I'm still unconvinced we'll see a release by January, though - I feel they're trying to get through the habringers first. I also think we would have seen something about the Emperor's Children in 40k by now, and they are very very likely to be released alongside the Hosts.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sleboda said:

Not me. I'm Sleboda everywhere. Different images just for my own amusement more than anything else, but same name.

If I could wave a magic wand and change one thing about the internet, it would be to require real names on all forums. Things would probably be a lot more civil.

Facebook called, it said you are hopelessly, disastrously mistaken ? 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Enoby said:

I'm a bit on the fence about this - I wouldn't want his entrapment to be the new status quo, but I agree that it wouldn't be cool to return to the old status quo either. Perhaps she could be released, but come back much more/much less powerful; it would shake up the status quo, and also be the possible start of a narrative event. 

That said, I think a Hosts battletome will be released before their god is, so Slaanesh will have a full force to use in any narrative events that come up about the release. I'm still unconvinced we'll see a release by January, though - I feel they're trying to get through the habringers first. I also think we would have seen something about the Emperor's Children in 40k by now, and they are very very likely to be released alongside the Hosts.  

How about the horned rat somehow interferes with the rescue of Slaanesh and they merge into one?  That will shake up some things .

19 minutes ago, Kirjava13 said:

Facebook called, it said you are hopelessly, disastrously mistaken ? 

Even if I were religious, I would still make Facebook a greater evil, lying, horrible enemy than whatever my brand positioned as "the devil."

Facebook is the debbil.

• Like 1