The Rumour Thread

14 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

I don't play Khorne.

It was a legitimate question. 

Your comment came off differently.

In short, they are not reliable.

The issue itself is ingrained into AoS at the moment. While there are several ways to make your spells really reliable (DoT, LoN, character specific rules...) there are rarely boosts to unbind. Either way, you have to win the roll-off somehow and that can be really hard if your opponent has +2 to cast or can choose his dice. There are some automatic unbinds which have one use only, but when your opponent is pumping out 4-6 spells per turn... go figure.

(there are some items and shields that give some protection from spells, but they tend to be very specific)

I hope they thought about something to not let AoS devolve into even more of a magic fest as it is already.

"AoS 2, release June time with GHb. Expanded magic rules, no longer shoot out of combat and all heroes can use command ability. No longer 4 pages long! Magic expansion roughly same time and though part of core rules is optional. Lots of maps and expanded narrative "

From twitter

24 minutes ago, Xasz said:

Your comment came off differently.

In short, they are not reliable.

The issue itself is ingrained into AoS at the moment. While there are several ways to make your spells really reliable (DoT, LoN, character specific rules...) there are rarely boosts to unbind. Either way, you have to win the roll-off somehow and that can be really hard if your opponent has +2 to cast or can choose his dice. There are some automatic unbinds which have one use only, but when your opponent is pumping out 4-6 spells per turn... go figure.

(there are some items and shields that give some protection from spells, but they tend to be very specific)

I hope they thought about something to not let AoS devolve into even more of a magic fest as it is already.

Well what about the artifact or the blood tide?

you can literally Bann any kind of magic thanks to the brace run and two bloodtithe points.

2 minutes ago, Sadysaneto said:

"...all heroes can use command ability..."

I wonder if the mean that all heroes in the battle can use their command ability regardless of whether they're the general, or if they're adding command abilities that anyone can use (though they already had inspiring presence for that)

1 minute ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Well what about the artifact or the blood tide?

you can literally Bann any kind of magic thanks to the brace run and two bloodtithe points.

I've already covered the rune and similar items.

Considering blood tithe, it's availability is very conditional.

Just think about it for a while and you'll see the issues. 

1 minute ago, Enoby said:

I wonder if the mean that all heroes in the battle can use their command ability regardless of whether they're the general, or if they're adding command abilities that anyone can use (though they already had inspiring presence for that)

He said all heroes can use their command abilities so I'm pretty sure this means the ones on their warscrolls though I also saw pictures of command dice above so expect it to be tied into that somehow

• Like 3

The wording  on the command abilities for the Dark Elf legends rules is a little different to that in the AoS battletomes, and implies to me that non-general heroes can use their command abilities, though I don't know how much weight that necessarily bears.

Perhaps some sort of command point style system to let you use abilities?  Just a guess.

2 minutes ago, Sadysaneto said:

"AoS 2, release June time with GHb. Expanded magic rules, no longer shoot out of combat and all heroes can use command ability. No longer 4 pages long! Magic expansion roughly same time and though part of core rules is optional. Lots of maps and expanded narrative "

From twitter

Nice that they removed shooting out of combat. I really like this option. And now every hero can use command abilities? 

Also I don't want to be a killjoy here, because everyone is so excited, but I don't like that the core rules get more complex and that they are no longer 4 pages long. Also the inclusion of Warhammer AoS Command Dice gives me bad vibes.

I really liked that you could  get into Age of Sgimar very fast in comparison to other board games. I have to say that I never played a game of warhammer fantasy, because it was always too much to read for me.  I like a small core rule set and complex additional rules to add.

I hope that we don't go back to times, where you had to read a giant book before you get started.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Infeston said:

Nice that they removed shooting out of combat. I really like this option. And now every hero can use command abilities? 

Also I don't want to be a killjoy here, because everyone is so excited, but I don't like that the core rules get more complex and that they are no longer 4 pages long. Also the inclusion of Warhammer AoS Command Dice gives me bad vibes.

I really liked that you could  get into Age of Sgimar very fast in comparison to other board games. I have to say that I never played a game of warhammer fantasy, because it was always too much to read for me.  I like a small core rule set and complex additional rules to add.

I hope that we don't go back to times, where you had to read a giant book before you get started.

Yup, I have no problem if the rules goes from 4 pag to...10-20  but more could be bad for me, the 4 pages rules and free warscrolls is what make me enter in AoS

• Like 2