The Rumour Thread

I hope the deepkin don’t just worship a lost/dead God like DoK do. I don’t want these two armies to be to similar.

the new picture of the mathlann avatar looks nice. On the right you also get a better look at the female hero, who has a great base. 

2 minutes ago, elfhead said:

I hope the deepkin don’t just worship a lost/dead God like DoK do. I don’t want these two armies to be to similar.

the new picture of the mathlann avatar looks nice. On the right you also get a better look at the female hero, who has a great base. 

Yep and still the most boring looking of the range. Not a bad design by any means, jus a tad bland. The new angle of the horse makes it look simply stunning though. 

7 hours ago, Harioch said:

It'll be interesting if the Battletome gives hints about all those faith in dead gods (Khaine, Mathlaan) and how those cults survived the End Times. If some gods were eaten by Slaanesh could they be released somewhat ?

Perhaps the soul that Malerion returned to Slaanesh in the latest MP story was that of an Aelven God?

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Aelfric said:

Perhaps the soul that Malerion returned to Slaanesh in the latest MP story was that of an Aelven God?

Considering neither Malerion nor Morathi "like" Teclis, and it was his name whispered/said by the soul. Well, we may assume this soul hit the wrong extraction neighborhood ;)

7 minutes ago, Malin said:

Considering neither Malerion nor Morathi "like" Teclis, and it was his name whispered/said by the soul. Well, we may assume this soul hit the wrong extraction neighborhood ;)

Well the soul's feelings towards Teclis were ambivalent,  so it may be running out of extraction points.  :)

Still, Morathi escaped on her own and, if it is the soul of a lost God, maybe it can too now it has a measure of self-awareness..

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Aelfric said:

Well the soul's feelings towards Teclis were ambivalent,  so it may be running out of extraction points.  :)

Still, Morathi escaped on her own and, if it is the soul of a lost God, maybe it can too now it has a measure of self-awareness..

Well:

- plot thickens it seems

- it is the first time since Initial book for Age of Sigmar that we finally get to listen to Malerion.  We only saw his "oooh I am not so pretty" picture so far,

- Malerion and his mommy are again in love-hate relationship,

- What did Teclis do for Sigmar a.k.a. "this Barbarian", he ain't no Conan if you ask me ;)

- Gods (and Goddess wannabe) are talking on free channel :)

Now, where are more Idoneth Deepkin pictures taken with a fridge/oven/iron or other not taking sharp pictures tool, from the latest White Dwarf. Would be nice to get a confirmation what is on pre order on 14th of April :D aside from cards and book itself.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Malin said:

...Sigmar a.k.a. "this Barbarian", he ain't no Conan if you ask me ;)

He earned that moniker alone for having his little temper tantrum in Shyish while Chaos was overrunning the Realms.

Admittedly, he officially forsook his mantle as Barbarian God afterwards, but he seems to have worn it quite proudly during the Age of Myth and I do not think he can ever fully lose all aspects of it.

I can certainly see how all the living (and unliving) Gods of the Realms, and not just the Aelven ones, would still consider him "The Barbarian",. Though in the case of Gorkamorka that propably means "The only fun one to have a scrap with".

1 minute ago, Skabnoze said:

Wrong.  All scraps are fun.

I just do not see the other gods being good enough sports to make it a "propa" scrap, though with Sigmar sitting tightly locked up in his pretty fortress these days that is a distant memory. Maybe Gorkamorka should come knocking on the Gates of Azyr when this entire (obviously unrelated to our lord and savior Nagash) Portent and wonky time business has quited down (on its own accord, I am sure)?

You know, just for old times sake ;)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rogue Explorator said:

I just do not see the other gods being good enough sports to make it a "propa" scrap, though with Sigmar sitting tightly locked up in his pretty fortress these days that is a distant memory. Maybe Gorkamorka should come knocking on the Gates of Azyr when this entire (obviously unrelated to our lord and savior Nagash) Portent and wonky time business has quited down (on its own accord, I am sure)?

You know, just for old times sake ;)

Well, it is just various degrees of fun.

Admittedly, it is less fun if they just sit there and let you bash them on the head - but that's still fun nonetheless!  And why wait until the "Portent and wonky time business" has quieted down?  The absolute best time for any scrap is right now! 

"Wut? DID ANYUN SAY SCRAP? IT`S ALWAYS TIME FOR A SCRAP!...only da Redfists are kind of weird when it comes to dat....they know how to bash, I`ll give 'em dat, but it`s all strange wid der strah-teh-gee thing der doin`..."

Back to the actual topic, all those rumour snippets with the small pictures seem to be mainly from 40K. After the Idoneth I am actually expecting like one or two smaller releases and then nothing for a while. It`ll be all super dark gothic stuff in the next time, I believe (though I wouldn`t mind being wrong :P ).

AoS is a bit more colorful and therefore might sell better pre-Christmas. From a salespoint of perspective that simply works better for triggering sales, isn`t it? GW has been producing more boxed games lately and pushes stronger into regular store chains. It does make sense to adjust the business strategy a bit to that.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, DinoTitanedition said:

"Wut? DID ANYUN SAY SCRAP? IT`S ALWAYS TIME FOR A SCRAP!...only da Redfists are kind of weird when it comes to dat....they know how to bash, I`ll give 'em dat, but it`s all strange wid der strah-teh-gee thing der doin`..."

Back to the actual topic, all those rumour snippets with the small pictures seem to be mainly from 40K. After the Idoneth I am actually expecting like one or two smaller releases and then nothing for a while. It`ll be all super dark gothic stuff in the next time, I believe (though I wouldn`t mind being wrong :P ).

AoS is a bit more colorful and therefore might sell better pre-Christmas. From a salespoint of perspective that simply works better for triggering sales, isn`t it? GW has been producing more boxed games lately and pushes stronger into regular store chains. It does make sense to adjust the business strategy a bit to that.

Rumours from people who have been accurate so far talk about a new AoS box in the summer (Stormcast v Nighthaunt) and probably a Nighthaunt book as well. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Rogue Explorator said:

He earned that moniker alone for having his little temper tantrum in Shyish while Chaos was overrunning the Realms.

Admittedly, he officially forsook his mantle as Barbarian God afterwards, but he seems to have worn it quite proudly during the Age of Myth and I do not think he can ever fully lose all aspects of it.

I can certainly see how all the living (and unliving) Gods of the Realms, and not just the Aelven ones, would still consider him "The Barbarian",. Though in the case of Gorkamorka that propably means "The only fun one to have a scrap with".

It may go a lot further back than that to when Sigmar was mortal in the Old World and was a leader of the Unberogen tribe.

On 3/28/2018 at 4:59 AM, Sete said:

Noice. 2 weeks to go.

It seems there is a raider version and a atlantean version of a lot of units.

What do you mean by "raider version" and "atlantean version"? I know that most of the units are going to have multiple versions and many options, but I hadn't heard them described that way.

47 minutes ago, Rou Dantes said:

What do you mean by "raider version" and "atlantean version"? I know that most of the units are going to have multiple versions and many options, but I hadn't heard them described that way.

A "light" version f a "dark" one. One looking more highelfish,  one more darkelfish. One a wierd bit friendlier than the other. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Bloodmaster said:

A "light" version f a "dark" one. One looking more highelfish,  one more darkelfish. One a wierd bit friendlier than the other. 

Eh? I only saw the eel riders had one with spear (atlantaen) and the other with sword (raider?) . Two builds from the eidolan of Mathlann (might be different warscroll since they were pictured alongside an army at the same time) and two different build from the deepmare (seahorse) rider . One is a named character.

11 minutes ago, TheDayman said:

Really hope that the Grand Alliance system doesn't go away, was one of the main reasons I got into the game being a more fluff orientated player. I suppose there are a few ways of making it better though

It's a fine system as long as you don't overly neglect half of the Grand Alliances in the game.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Skabnoze said:

It's a fine system as long as you don't overly neglect half of the Grand Alliances in the game.

Getting rid of Grand Alliances wouldnt do anything to counter that.  And the really the only one that hasnt gotten some love in the past year is Destruction, which needs it nearly as bad as Death did.  GW have been pretty obviously working to correct the fact that some are underpowered/under represented though.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Drofnum said:

Getting rid of Grand Alliances wouldnt do anything to counter that.  And the really the only one that hasnt gotten some love in the past year is Destruction, which needs it nearly as bad as Death did.  GW have been pretty obviously working to correct the fact that some are underpowered/under represented though.

If Grand Alliances went away, then there is little issue in regards to list-building for having so much junk crammed into one or two Grand Alliances and the others being sparse.  You still have the issue of some armies and themes being neglected, but you don't have issues with some big giant soup lists having more possible ingredients than others.

If Grand Alliances went away, then the game would have a very large and diverse selection of armies currently.  And to be fair, the game does.  But, the Grand Alliance system puts those diverse forces into buckets that then make the distribution of armies in the game look very very skewed (which it is).  That was my point in the original comment.

10 minutes ago, Skabnoze said:

If Grand Alliances went away, then there is little issue in regards to list-building for having so much junk crammed into one or two Grand Alliances and the others being sparse.  You still have the issue of some armies and themes being neglected, but you don't have issues with some big giant soup lists having more possible ingredients than others.

If Grand Alliances went away, then the game would have a very large and diverse selection of armies currently.  And to be fair, the game does.  But, the Grand Alliance system puts those diverse forces into buckets that then make the distribution of armies in the game look very very skewed (which it is).  That was my point in the original comment.

Are 'soup' lists an issue though? From what i've seen most people stick to factions anyway, soup is more a 40k problem.