The Rumour Thread

2 hours ago, Ryan Taylor said:

I think 11 and 13 have a strong possibility to be deepkin. 

5D19F4AD-C065-4CA3-85BA-D52C4BF5FBD8.jpeg

Quite a few of those unresolved ones have been resolved, if that is relevant info :)

2. Is Skritch Spiteclaw

3. One of the new daughters of khaine models

10. Nurgle wood

12. I recall this one showing up somewhere, but I don't remember what it was.

13. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that the Destruction herald's sickle?

14. Custodes

Do we really need another Vortex?

Looking as is it is a ship, wonder how many alternative pieces of terrain we will see in a form of ships bought in a pet shops :D

Aside from this, can't wait to see the models, maybe will buy the book, So torn between DoK and this release already

9 hours ago, zedatkinszed said:

Thorgrim was a descendant of Grungi and became the incarnate of metal in the End Times. Thus in AOS Thorgrim is Grungi.

But Thorgrim died to skaven, hadn't he ? 

9 hours ago, zedatkinszed said:

Nagash ate Valaya in End Times.

Nagash ate Valaya power, not her "per se". 

14 hours ago, Turgol said:

Thorgrim isnt Grugni. Grugni did lead the wind of metal to the Eternal Rune wielded by the High King. Thorgrim was kinda incarnate of metal until Chamon left the eternal rune, leaving him vulnerable to be murdered by Snitch. It then travelled for a while until it was claimed by Balthasar Gelt, himself murdered by Manfred. Grugni is very obviously god and protector of metal now, but unlike Sigmar, Nagash, Malekith, etc, his status does not come from an incarnate past. 

Now that's confusing - I'm under the impression both Grungi and Grimnir are AOS incarnates/Gods of the Realms. You're right about Gelt - I forgot that but I'm convinced Grungi is Thorgrim reincarnated somehow (retcon punch being my guess). There's no reason for them to have survived otherwise if he's not an incarnate. 

Same with Gorkamorka - he/they are the Beast Realm's incarnate(s). 

Maybe I've played too much Elder Scrolls but I understood the whole incarnates in ET and their survival/apotheos (becoming a God) as being like "mantling " from that; i.e Tyrion became the God of Light by being the incarnate and when Ulric (and Khaine) were destroyed he (and Teclis) filled that gap. Yes this is head cannon and a different universe  but the breadcrumbs are all there. Even the explanation that Tyrion & Teclis survived a) because they are twins and b) because Tyrion was linked to 2 gods (Ulric & Khaine). Teclis wasn't an incarnate so there's no other explanation for his survival.

8 hours ago, AthlorianStoners said:

Damnnnn very excited. 

Gonna have a guess and say one of the dual kits is a 10 man infantry kit and the other dual kit is a cavalry kit 

Aye this is what we were discussing the other day isn't it. Makes sense. 

• Like 1

Looking at the WHC hint that turned out to be the Van Saar weapon, it's pretty clear that it's a shot of a piece off a sprue, rather than something that has been assembled. It's missing the rest of the barrel. We might have know this already but the stuff that looks like possible Deepkin stuff could be similarly isolated parts.

Look at 11. That could very easily be a crest for a Corinthian-style helm that's missing the actual helm bit.

2 hours ago, sandlemad said:

Looking at the WHC hint that turned out to be the Van Saar weapon, it's pretty clear that it's a shot of a piece off a sprue, rather than something that has been assembled. It's missing the rest of the barrel. We might have know this already but the stuff that looks like possible Deepkin stuff could be similarly isolated parts.

Look at 11. That could very easily be a crest for a Corinthian-style helm that's missing the actual helm bit.

That’s a good spot. The Hellstrider helms are built that way .

5 hours ago, Carnelian said:

So will deepkin feature in the April or May white dwarf?

If they're a mid-late April release it'll be May for sure (Which is what it's looking like at this point).

The White Dwarfs only ever seem to have the new releases for the first week or two of the month, as well as telling you about what's "Out Now".