The Rumour Thread

7 hours ago, daedalus81 said:

Jabber has Duradin listed for September via rumor from BoLS.  Not sure how reliable that one is.  I won't be upset either way, I guess.

Steamhead Duardin have been rumoured for late 2016 on multiple occasions and recently on Faeit212 slated for September. Blimps and "jump packs" have been mentioned.

Tzeentch Arcanites are rumoured to be after the Duardin so I would expect November. 

1 hour ago, pforson said:

Hmmm. I was hoping for Gutbusters.

Why do they keep releasing Battletomes for the Armies I like, but always seem to choose the mini-faction from said army that least interests me.

grumble grumble grumble...

Bonesplitterz and Beastclaw Raiders were the two factions within the General's Handbook that featured renamed Warscrolls not currently in print.

Don't fear though, at the rate they are pumping these out you'll have your Gutbusters soon enough I'm sure!! :) 

On 20/07/2016 at 7:49 AM, Shane said:

13734544_10153826061653546_1441138657_n.

Ogors repack as predicted. No new models.

First monthly White Dwarf rumoured to be 40k front cover; new Khârn and Chaos rules. 

Thank you, you've just reminded me that I need to get my subscription in before I miss out on the early bird price! :D Here's hoping it goes back to more of the awesome WD I remember from back in the late 90's/early 2000's with some more substantial content, have been really disappointed with the weekly bitesize version the couple of times I've picked it up now.

On 20/07/2016 at 6:50 PM, The Jabber Tzeentch said:

Steamhead Duardin have been rumoured for late 2016 on multiple occasions and recently on Faeit212 slated for September. Blimps and "jump packs" have been mentioned.

Tzeentch Arcanites are rumoured to be after the Duardin so I would expect November. 

Steamhead Duardin is going to hurt my wallet so bad O.o Really need to resist the temptation to start buying everything that looks awesome until I have at least one substantial army built up :$

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, shinros said:

So when you buy the book in the app does it come with a matched play point calculator? 

Don't know. There is now a "profile" for each unit that is locked. I bought the physical book. 

I didnt find it clear that points wouldn't be free in the app. 

There is not a points calculator. I bought it in the app as I was going to get it digitally anyway. Currently the functionality is not very good. When you put a warscroll in the my battle page of the app and click profiles, the points info appears like this image.png

but it is not interactive. Also interestingly the beastclaw Raiders points show as not yet are available even though they are in the handbook.  I hope the app gets improved in the future because there is a lot of potential but right now it is not up to scratch. It definitely needs an option to unlock the book in the app if you bought the physical or iTunes versions of the books. 

19 hours ago, James McPherson said:

yeah the old bits were done when aos was first released man! All except Skullvane Manse that is which really deserves some rules!

I know,  but I suppose I would just like a nice,  pretty, handy book with them.   I'm old school - I still like books and buy CDs.

People on FB seem to think it's fake but it would line up with the rumours earlier this year. The box sets tend to be hits for GW lately so I wouldn't be surprised if they're going for one per year now. Even if this isn't real, it's a bit crazy how hard they've pushed AoS in 2016. It has snowballed into an avalanche.

20 hours ago, James McPherson said:

yeah the old bits were done when aos was first released man! All except Skullvane Manse that is which really deserves some rules!

Skullvane Manse has rules :) It's in the scenery pdf (you may need to redownload it got added in later), and also in the app.

The box looks fake to me.