The Rumour Thread

STD/Darkoath this summer seems about right to me, especially with Warcry coming about that time.

Slaanesh I have no idea, but we just got two back to back Chaos updates with Skaven and Khorne, and the announcement of Warcry for the summer, ect.  I don't think even GW would quadruple down on Chaos so hard that we'll get Slaanesh next. Late 2019 still strikes me as more likely.

In the meantime, even if they aren't major releases there are still a ton of non-chaos battletomes that need to be updated to 2nd edition, and I expect the trend of getting a new two army battlebox nearly every month will continue over the course of the year.

49 minutes ago, NurglesFirstChosen said:

There’s always an element of wishful thinking behind people’s predictions of future releases, and my predictions are no different. 

Gw confirmed that slaanesh will be coming in 2019, it’s just a case of when. If it’s end of 2019 that will mean it’s been a year between wrath and rapture and a slaanesh tome which I see as being unlikely. If everything is based on trends, slaanesh would have been released months ago (based on blightwars and maggotkin). 

They didn’t. They were mentioned in a roundabout way relating to the narrative of Soul Wars. They didn’t say a Slaanesh army will be released.

I’m expecting a few models maybe, probably a character or some such, but I really doubt they will be here til very end of year, unless they’re just getting a redux ala FEC-Book, spells, nothing else. Which I sincerely doubt. They’re too central to the narrative of AOS to just get a functional update.

Edited by Nos

20 minutes ago, madmac said:

STD/Darkoath this summer seems about right to me, especially with Warcry coming about that time.

I hope we see some chaos undivided daemons along with a STD/Darkoath release. The Warcry daemons looks great and they really make me wonder how awesome a plastic Be'lakor could look.

• LOVE IT! 1

26 minutes ago, Nos said:

They didn’t. They were mentioned in a roundabout way relating to the narrative of Soul Wars. They didn’t say a Slaanesh army will be released.

I’m expecting a few models maybe, probably a character or some such, but I really doubt they will be here til very end of year, unless they’re just getting a redux ala FEC-Book, spells, nothing else. Which I sincerely doubt. They’re too central to the narrative of AOS to just get a functional update.

You’re right, technically they said, 

“While Slaanesh may still be mysteriously absent from the Mortal Realms, his servants have been very busy indeed – we daresay that Wrath and Rapture heralds even more new models for the Hosts…”

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/01/01/1st-dec-the-top-5-things-to-look-forward-to-in-2019gw-homepage-post-3/

Believe what you want 😛 we all do. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NurglesFirstChosen said:

You’re right, technically they said, 

“While Slaanesh may still be mysteriously absent from the Mortal Realms, his servants have been very busy indeed – we daresay that Wrath and Rapture heralds even more new models for the Hosts…”

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/01/01/1st-dec-the-top-5-things-to-look-forward-to-in-2019gw-homepage-post-3/

Believe what you want 😛 we all do. 

I believe it’s a well written hype piece

Hey guys! I'm pretty new here, but I was wondering, what's the most likely battletome coming after Khorne? (Still super happy Khorne got a battletome:D), based on all the rumors you've heard. Would it be revealed at Adepticon? I'm guessing either Darkoath or Slaanesh, or another old battletome rework (Hopefully Kharadrons! I've always wanted to start steampunk dwarves!).

For the Forbidden Power release, it still gives me an Egyptian feel (Not really a Tomb Kings player, I'm more of an Ogre Kingdoms lad), especially the music.

And for Warcry, here was some stuff I found on the Age of Sigmar reddit:

IMG_6612.PNG.9efc31c9c51fabdeed14ed99808f3439.PNG

Still feel like they might release more stuff than just Chaos because of this

8 minutes ago, Kaz said:

Hey guys! I'm pretty new here, but I was wondering, what's the most likely battletome coming after Khorne? (Still super happy Khorne got a battletome:D), based on all the rumors you've heard. Would it be revealed at Adepticon? I'm guessing either Darkoath or Slaanesh, or another old battletome rework (Hopefully Kharadrons! I've always wanted to start steampunk dwarves!).

For the Forbidden Power release, it still gives me an Egyptian feel (Not really a Tomb Kings player, I'm more of an Ogre Kingdoms lad), especially the music.

And for Warcry, here was some stuff I found on the Age of Sigmar reddit:

IMG_6612.PNG.9efc31c9c51fabdeed14ed99808f3439.PNG

Still feel like they might release more stuff than just Chaos because of this

Big rumors atm are that KO, Syl, and Fireslayers are on the docket for updated battletomes. Of course, Flesheater Courts, and skaven were an un-predicted release, same with Khorne. It's really anyones guess whats coming... but considering Chaos got two battletomes so far, and Death is now up to date, Order is definitely on the menu. As is destruction, as the faction in general has been languishing lately.

It's a shame if that's true. I really want Seraphon to have an update. The majority of hero models are still resin and compared to newer sculpts they really don't hold up well. 

8 minutes ago, Shankelton said:

Big rumors atm are that KO, Syl, and Fireslayers are on the docket for updated battletomes. Of course, Flesheater Courts, and skaven were an un-predicted release, same with Khorne. It's really anyones guess whats coming... but considering Chaos got two battletomes so far, and Death is now up to date, Order is definitely on the menu. As is destruction, as the faction in general has been languishing lately.

• Like 1

Pretty much all the rumours we have right now are simply educated guesses. 

That's about all we've got I think - I don't think there are any reliable rumours about anything else to come at present. Even the few sources who often have reliable info are often out of order with the current release schedule. 

• Like 1

On 2/27/2019 at 10:13 PM, Sleboda said:

Oof. Not me. My wallet could use a rest period. I've dropped around $2000 in GW this year, or maybe stretching back to December, already. I'll pick up the spider demon engine, but other than that, I'll be glad to not have stuff to buy for a month or two.

🙂

I feel this on a subatomic level 

22 minutes ago, Overread said:

Pretty much all the rumours we have right now are simply educated guesses. 

That's about all we've got I think - I don't think there are any reliable rumours about anything else to come at present. Even the few sources who often have reliable info are often out of order with the current release schedule. 

Yeah I think the release schedule must be so fluid that its hard to predict anything even if somehow you come into genuine insider knowledge.  I cannot think that GW meant to drag out the release of Darkoath (or even Gloomspite) so far after Malign Portents.  It ended up turning the event into sort of a 'meh' situation.

47 minutes ago, Shankelton said:

Big rumors atm are that KO, Syl, and Fireslayers are on the docket for updated battletomes

Makes sense, as the KO and Sylvaneth are the next Underworlds warbands to go. As for Fyreslayers... I mean, they definitely need an update, but I don't really see evidence of which of the 'priority update factions' will come out first. We've got brand-new AoS factions which are stuck in the past like Seraphon, Ironjawz and Fyreslayers, as well as GHB allegiance armies which have never received a battletome like Darkling Covens, Disspossessed, Free Peoples etc. 

Has there been a FS specific hint I've missed?

Hm... so where did the whole Gutbusters rumor start then? Seems a little out of the blue

and yeah... the Malign Portents thing was kinda confusing tbh... 

For  Blades of Khorne, their old AOS 1.0 battletome has a LOT ago issues, a super long errata they hinged on a LOT of rules, like bloodletter bomb, prayer stacking and all that

so I feel that’s why they were one of the first to get a new battletome, so I suspect Kharadrons should get one really soon, because I thought it was generally admitted that the Overlords book was rushed?

7 minutes ago, Klamm said:

Makes sense, as the KO and Sylvaneth are the next Underworlds warbands to go. As for Fyreslayers... I mean, they definitely need an update, but I don't really see evidence of which of the 'priority update factions' will come out first. We've got brand-new AoS factions which are stuck in the past like Seraphon, Ironjawz and Fyreslayers, as well as GHB allegiance armies which have never received a battletome like Darkling Covens, Disspossessed, Free Peoples etc. 

Has there been a FS specific hint I've missed?

There was that coin rumor engine, also the AOS currency article on Warhammer community, which explicitly mentioned Fyreslayers rather than kharadrons 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Kaz said:

Hm... so where did the whole Gutbusters rumor start then? Seems a little out of the blue

There was a announcement about lots of new battletomes for all grand alliances. The destruction picture had an ogre on it, I think that may have been the start of the rumour.

5 minutes ago, Kaz said:

and yeah... the Malign Portents thing was kinda confusing tbh... 

For  Blades of Khorne, their old AOS 1.0 battletome has a LOT ago issues, a super long errata they hinged on a LOT of rules, like bloodletter bomb, prayer stacking and all that

so I feel that’s why they were one of the first to get a new battletome, so I suspect Kharadrons should get one really soon, because I thought it was generally admitted that the Overlords book was rushed?

well the first Gutbuster rumor was when a few of their units got reboxed last year but reboxing doesn't usually mean anything.

second was from a certain forum poster who said they where coming in Setember but the source's  credibility and legitimacy came into question

third is the banner that drop during AoS 2.0 launch, the banner had an Ogor and people wonder why they choice an Ogor to specifically represent GA destruction. the Banner return during LVO and they added more Battletomes to come for each Grand Alliance 

2 minutes ago, Thiagoma said:

Well we are missing Fyreslayers, Sylvaneth, Kharadron, Beastclaw and Tzeench 2.0 Tomes.

Armies without tomes: Ogors, Free Peoples, Aelves and Dispossesed.

Ironjawz, Seraphon, Bonesplitterz, Slaves to darkness, and Slaanesh

• Like 8

2 hours ago, novakai said:

well the first Gutbuster rumor was when a few of their units got reboxed last year but reboxing doesn't usually mean anything.

second was from a certain forum poster who said they where coming in Setember but the source's  credibility and legitimacy came into question

third is the banner that drop during AoS 2.0 launch, the banner had an Ogor and people wonder why they choice an Ogor to specifically represent GA destruction. the Banner return during LVO and they added more Battletomes to come for each Grand Alliance 

Clearly evidence for the 100% guaranteed new IDK Endless Spell. Clearly.