The Rumour Thread

I'd be sad to see the Ironweld being gutted of half their artillery roster with it rejoining Dipossessed for a couple of reasons. It would likely mean we are seeing no new dispossessed kits or atleast no new running themes through them as the current roster would likely just be maintained. It'd also spell the end of Ironweld as a unique subfaction to be expanded as what little they had left would logistically have to just fold back into the Freeguild. From a lore perspective the Ironweld have been mentioned in a couple of the novels for their roles, if the dispossessed regain their artillery and remain the Azyrite duardin then the role of the Ironweld becomes muddied.

Oh I know, I'd just be happier if we got a strong stone theme running through Duardin which would leave the Ironweld Alone :P

Give them shiny new grudge throwers in a dual kit that also made that massive crossbow 
Massive Golem
Smaller Golem trio
Stoneshaper Hero 

The Drakes, Hammers, Longbears and other Ironthingy I've forgotten the name of are really strong kits still and relatively new to my knowledge.

@Ndabreaker

Thanks for posting rumors, some actual rumors, will they be facts only time will tell.

For Naysayers, this is the only way to verify is someone was right or wrong, we just need to wait as patiently or impatiently as we want.

At least conversation moved from recently covered topics which have nothing to do with rumors, like:
- Humanity of Stormcast in the Mortal Realms as  a wrong topic generating 20+ pages of discussion in the wrong forum,
- Are Stormcasts Space Marines of the Mortal Realms? Do inhabitants of the said Realms or users of this forum even care, 10+ pages long essay. Guess what? Again in the wrong forum,
- Credibility of Rumormongers, Grand debate on topic for which no study was ever run due to rumormongers resigning from posting any more rumors due to their hard welcoming, hair tearing of the head with loud "This can't be true!! What he said is so wrong and it will never going to happen, because I don't want to!!" Debate popping up right after new rumormonger appears on the forum, again, few more pages of pointless discussion instead of debate on rumor.

Enjoy the rumors, discuss, dream of what is to come, express your expectations, but for goodness sake do not argue credibility of rumormongers. Without them we might get back to one of those pointless topics mentioned above ;)

Now the rumor engine picture, this thing will broke much faster than we will be shown its true identity. I do hope I am wrong here, I really do!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

5 minutes ago, xking said:

You are talking about taking two very different factions and merging them together, The "Dispossessed" - Highly traditional Duardin that help build cities, have kings etc.    And the "Ironweld" - A faction of innovative Human and Duardin engineers, inventors and technologist  that make clockwork automatons(like the cogfort).      

Maybe they are doing the battletome for cities based Duardin, the builders, which could easilly include all of the Ironweld if thats how they choose to direct the battletome.  Doesnt mean thats all Disspossessed, but its an option they could choose to take (for now).

49 minutes ago, Ndabreaker said:

Be skeptical all you want. There was a mix up. The guy seemed to be in a rush and said duardiin are back together. Ibtook that to mean all duardin and posted. When I went back for more info it was dp and iw but only in ghb2019 not a book in their own right atleast not yet. 

I ask again what is the point in making stuff up? 

I can see why the other rumour guys have dissapeared if this is the reaction they get. 

I assume its something in these rumours that you personally dont want to happen and hope that speaking out against them will make them not true.

I think it is cool when we get rumors, but I also think its totally find for people to express some level of healthy skepticism as long as it isn't rude.

For instance I will sum up what you have said about your source.  Since before Idoneth were released (April 2018) this source has been giving you correct information on (only?) AoS releases.  Even though this source has been right and not missing huge things like AoS Soul Wars box, you have never said anything.  The Gloomspite release convinced you to share this source's information after 8 months of being accurate.

Then, during the discussion about the rumors there was pushback on the Duardin rumor.  Within hours you were able to get in touch with this source and fully clarify not only different information on the factions but where the faction update would come.  I will admit, the source on demand aspect of this is where I got pretty suspicious.

- I did just double check a post you made and you said "been correct on every release since deepkin." That is very precise for a source that already made a significant correction.

I hope it is all true, and if so thanks! But you have to admit, trusting strangers on the internet with all the above issues is challenging.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Caladancid said:

I hope it is all true, and if so thanks! But you have to admit, trusting strangers on the internet with all the above issues is challenging.

Sorry to be harsh but why do you come to a rumour thread?   The only confirmed 'rumours' we get are from the Warhammer community page.  We have never had anything but the above quality of rumour, if we have had better/reliable rumour sources please point them out.

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Ndabreaker said:

Just a gutbuster tome later in the year around September.  Of course Ironjawz would be one of the old tomes that need an update so possibly one of the weekly releases expect greenskinz rolled in

Thanks ! I Hope to see again Greenskinz in a LoN battletome style with Bonesplitters and IJ.

8 minutes ago, stato said:

Sorry to be harsh but why do you come to a rumour thread?   The only confirmed 'rumours' we get are from the Warhammer community page.  We have never had anything but the above quality of rumour, if we have had better/reliable rumour sources please point them out.

Look back through my posting history.  You will see where I have on more than one occasion thanked other sources when they had less of the indicators I mentioned.  @LLV was better.  I would personally do more research before asking a question like that.

To answer your first question, I come to a rumor thread for rumors. When I do that, I am suddenly not allowed to question the source? I don't think that is how it works.

29 minutes ago, Caladancid said:

Look back through my posting history.  You will see where I have on more than one occasion thanked other sources when they had less of the indicators I mentioned.  @LLV was better.  I would personally do more research before asking a question like that.

To answer your first question, I come to a rumor thread for rumors. When I do that, I am suddenly not allowed to question the source? I don't think that is how it works.

Ok yeah sorry I just saw a lot of people ganging up on the guy for no real reason.

He may not be a reliable source (yet), but while LLV is great, but he did once post...

Grot-tember, Ork-tober, rogue-vember, angron-cember..... 

And also that Darkoath would be coming same time as Beastmen, and that Slaanesh was Xmas/Jan. Which were then followed up with changes, just like the guy you have questioned.   

Rumours are rumours, you apply your own level of trust to them, and even the trusted ones can be miles off, its all 3rd hand info after all.

Edited by stato
  • Thanks 2

I don't believe that ironjawz will include Greenskinz units. A lot of those kits are ancient. Far more likely to see them removed and replaced with a few new ironjawz kits to be honest. 

I do know, for as close to fact as you can get via a third party, that GW releases are very flexible and that they can move them around. 

Personally I really, really hope they don’t totally collapse everything Dwarf or everything Elf back into these mono-racial (special?) factions.

It makes sense with some armies for sure but I’d like to see at least a couple more that are explicitly built as multi-whatever factions, Gloomspite’s done it quite well (though there it works as Troggs are a small sub-group) but they could be even bolder with a redesigned Free Peoples force with humans, aelves, duardin (and maybe some new odd things) all given equal standing. 

Hell, I’d like to see units like town militias that can be made up of different races.

• Like 2

I only know that last week the people behind Gloomspite Giz were working on Dispossessed battletome. 

Then the Dispossessed tome became some sorto of Legion of the Grudge combining all the duardins.

Now we get no tome but the gyrocopter in general handbook 19.

I do fear the next week news for Dispossessed 😥 Are we getting TombKinged?

• Haha 2
  • LOVE IT! 1