The Rumour Thread

I have never ever seen a release that I've wanted every item of so bad, I even managed to space my DoK purchases out to just the book, dice and one box of models, until the battleforce came out which I got yesterday. The KO absolutely blew me away, and I only picked up one ship on release- the book I only picked up a couple of months ago.
But Grots... holy sigmar I need all of it and I need it right away.

As someone that has collected Grots(or goblins) Since I got in to WFB, like 30 years ago now (and they are still the only army I have ever managed to paint a full army off and even play games with) I was excited for this release but something told me not to get too hyped, GW have let me down quite badly more than once in the past year, , but this has blown me away (and I boarded the hype train about three days ago and I'm refusing to get off at my stop!)

That squig kit will probably become my most purchased kit of all time, there are going to be so many new parts to add to my army and I'm going to go mad with conversions! I Was worried that the loon king would be too similar to the fungoig but he is different enough that I'm super stoked!

The squig dice are horrid. They will be unplayable, like the nurgle dice are. I'm going to be buy as many sets as I can! They are the cutest dice GW have ever put out (hell if they roll bad, I'll be using them as wound markers or something so they dont need to roll!)

Hmm, no sign of snotlings still which makes me think snots are a relic of WFB now. Damn shame as I have hundreds and hundreds and just started the mammoth task of rebasing for AoS. I'll still use them but would have loved to have them find a home in AoS properly.

That huge mushroom mushroom cloud spell is superb, as is the terrain piece. The terrain alone is probably worth picking a few up as its probably quite easy to customise to make each one unique and the extra parts can towards basing.

As a long time skirmish player ( I last played battle sized warhammer back in what, 97 or 98) this release has me ready to chuck my skirmish book in the bin and move to full size battles again. Hell, I'd even consider play a tournament or matched play just to play more grots!

I think the only downside is that if I ever wanted to play them at a store or show then I'd probably need a truck to get them there- I'm going to go overboard with the models and custom terrain and won't want to play with out any of them!

1 minute ago, Elmir said:

Well, after DoK, deepkin, nighthaunt and now these new models, GW really is taking AoS  to the next dimension.  They are just the right mix of loony, crazy but still vicious in a way. 

I'm sure people with a lot of gitmob won't like it, but I think they might be going EoL. They just (as a company) cannot keep stocking an old and a new range I think. 

AS someone with a huge amount of gitmob, I've no problem with it. A bit of converting and a little bit of count as, and they will be as usable in this new force as the old. Thats the great thing- after over 30 years I've yet to see a grot or goblin mini that wasn't passible into the next edition of the force!

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

It could be a centipede - it could be a huge smoke stack - it could be a wavy rising spore - it could be a squigpede - a mount of writhing squigs! 

It could even be a worm or a wyrm without wings or a giant spider monster thing - its basically a tall wobbly shape at present. Still GW will likely spill all the beans (mushrooms?) soon!

• Like 1

I wonder if the two characters on the cover will be heroes or units... I bet the one with three eyers maybe is a spider hero and the armored one could be a warboss but I would like to see a unit of armored grots as we are seeing a lot of them alone.

I guess we can expect one or two new trogloth, maybe a trogloth hero? a new warboss, another hero like the spider one and maybe giant squigs, also maybe a giant insect.

2 minutes ago, Elmir said:

I can't quite place the silhouette of the banner and model at the bottom left corner during the terrain showcase either... Any ideas?

Silhouette.JPG

The same model is behind at seg 44. There are a lot of new things, I think I see a cauldron and maybe a grot mounted on something violet...

...and so, my AoS journey begins. Picking up a box of grots and finishing my fungoid in preparation! Sold totally on the models, even if they continue the trend of being attached to their bases with dreams and pixie dust!

Can't wait to get my hands on the book. So many options and models to make an army out of! Here's hoping they aren't too OP haha.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, cash4u said:

The blurred Mangler Squigs don't seem to be the same Finecast model to me. Their teeth seem way more pronounced (going off of a horribly blurred image, but still.)

I think it is for sure a new model. The old or revealed today models are not blurred out in the preview. 

16 minutes ago, Mayple said:

From a facebook post;

No automatic alt text available.

I can't decipher the allegiance ability, but it's there if anyone wants to give it a go :)

There looks to be an almost Nighthaunt-level amount of abilities there judging by the bold text. 

EDIT: Also looks like placement instructions for the terrain, maybe one in each quarter board?

EDITEDIT: Maybe the Bad Moon shines on one quarter of the board each turn, then on all the board in turn 5?

Edited by 5kaven5lave

4 minutes ago, 5kaven5lave said:

There looks to be an almost Nighthaunt-level amount of abilities there judging by the bold text. 

EDIT: Also looks like placement instructions for the terrain, maybe one in each quarter board?

I also noticed that there were -several- pages worth of allegiance rules/artifacts and such. Seems like we'll have plenty to work with :)