The Rumour Thread

Just now, Tonhel said:

I would like to see something Stormcast each year. So hopefully we will see something in 2019. BUT I want also more Aelves, a more humanesque knightly faction, new Soulblight mini's and etc... .

Althought I really expected with the "free" Warscroll rule system that we would see more random unit releases instead of whole or mini army releases with a battletome. 

Yeah, I had thought the same. I really expected to see a lot more odds and ends coming out, with the rules included in box. I thought the malign portents chaps were a precursor to seeing a lot more small releases. We are getting more stuff with the shadespire warbands, the troll one is odd and not something I would have expected GW to ever make in that style again. They could do some super small releases for forces that have no need for a full battletome or release, a cross between the shadespire sets and the old mordheim gangs. Even if had all come from forgeworld or been limited release. But nothing.

• Like 1

I don't think anyone said they didn't want Stormcast releases for several years, did they...? In an environment where Destruction and Death have had one new wave each since the game launched (and Ironjawz was, what, two new units and four characters), the big golden boys have enjoyed more than the lion's share of the releases, to the point where, as many people have pointed out, they almost have more options than all of Destruction put together! I don't think anyone would oppose some Stormcast releases... but the release schedule has been inarguably and absurdly weighted in their favour. 

• Like 12

Yeah no one "hates" Stormcast, they just feel that they've got enough models and toolbox choices and that GW can and should focus on others. the last thing they and we want is to have it so that Stormcast get so much and so big that they dominate the listings and everyone ends up with Stormcast and nothing else to play with that's new - remembering that a LOT/Most of the legacy armies without new updates are not selling well at all. 

That Stormcast are not top teir in competitive events is a MASSIVE bonus and a sign that GW isn't aiming to make them broken/dominant. 

I think its just the way GW has done the story and opening that SC are ruling the roost and I honestly think if the early days of AoS hadn't shattered every army (or if the GHB1 had restored the old listings) we wouldn't be having any issues with SC getting a lions share to push them up. Thing is right now we've got major armies like Daughters of Khaine running with a tiny number of unit options in their core army; whilst some "armies" are 1 model big

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Overread said:

Yeah no one "hates" Stormcast, they just feel that they've got enough models and toolbox choices and that GW can and should focus on others. the last thing they and we want is to have it so that Stormcast get so much and so big that they dominate the listings and everyone ends up with Stormcast and nothing else to play......

Well should that happen I’ll be probably back on the big tournis,

afterall nobody would suspect a skaven player with 500Clanrats to show up on an event when almost everybody there only plays Sickmarines/Sigmarines/Stormcast eternals

afterall one of the best tactics in this game is to suprise your foe-things with an unexpected list

?

Edited by Skreech Verminking

2 hours ago, Bradipo322 said:

In about 1 year of playing I only played a Sttormcast Vs Stormcast battle once (in a 2 Vs 2 battle) and I have encountered only 2 other Stormcast players.

In the same time I played a lot (really a lot) against Death and Khorne and this is getting boring. In my playgroup I'm the only one that plays Order (one of my friend have an old Seraphon army but he don't uses them very much).

I have the same experience.

So we agree GW is forcing Stormcast down our throats.

And this is the problem. People really like Marines but they hate Stormcast.

Plus there is nothing GW can do to make them more attractive.

In the beginning they were strong but still had limits. Now with low sales they gave them dominating shooting and magic on top.

Still people hate them and i haven't seen a single constant Stormcast player in our gaming group of 40 peeps.

So next step is to make them even more OP. Take a guess how people will react to that

• Like 3

I personally like Stormcast, but I do agree they have a very large range and it would be nice to see a few years of other factions getting releases before we go back to them. By the sounds of the rumors we should be pretty good for a while with Moonclan, Darkoath, and Slaanesh looking to be the next factions released. Then hopefully we will get another couple destruction or death releases.

• Like 2

Wow, notice the guy on the top right disc, he has the puffy sleeves AND the big Knight Questor lion pauldrons. Now that is how I'd love to see Freeguild in Age of Sigmar. Fits the new aesthetic and would allow existing Freeguild veterans (like me) to use their older models if they wish.

As soon as it clicked that the Stormcast are the Romans I have loved them. I understand why some here are keen for the attention to go to the other races as they are very well supported range wise. Also, the theatre of them is highlighted much more against a back drop of the more mortal races. A big Stormcast vs Moonclan battle, yes please

Edited by Greyshadow
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Mayple said:

Whaaaaat? I -love- Stormcast!...

...On the receiving end of a grot fanatic charge!

On a serious note, I think they're alright. Purely eh. Don't mind, won't buy. 

I don’t my beloved clanrats die after a Battle cause of the black hunger.

Stormcast vanishing into lightning means no food for skaven?? 

Edited by Skreech Verminking
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

As a long time O&G player (3rd edition) I feel massively disconnected from the direction AoS has taken over the last couple of years, it’s not just the complete lack of any love for the whole destruction faction but the massive imbalance in the release schedule 

The beauty of WFB was there was no dominant faction (release wise) and although you may wait years for an army book at least the rest of the buggers did to ! 

Its not moaning to let your voice be heard if we followed that theory there’d be no generals handbook or points values 

I’d love to see a box set with no stormcast or chaos give me destruction vs free people 

• Like 7
  • Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 3

2 minutes ago, Zambo said:

As a long time O&G player (3rd edition) I feel massively disconnected from the direction AoS has taken over the last couple of years, it’s not just the complete lack of any love for the whole destruction faction but the massive imbalance in the release schedule 

The beauty of WFB was there was no dominant faction (release wise) and although you may wait years for an army book at least the rest of the buggers did to ! 

Its not moaning to let your voice be heard if we followed that theory there’d be no generals handbook or points values 

I’d love to see a box set with no stormcast or chaos give me destruction vs free people 

Agree 100% on this. I loved that Fantasy had no "main" faction.

I really hope the next starter or boxed set is something without Chaos or Stormcast. Orruks vs. Free Peoples, Dwarves vs. Vampires, Deepkin vs. Skaven, I don't really care, just something to show off the diversity of the game. That said new Orruks and Free Peoples would make me super happy.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Zambo said:

I’m fully with you my friend

it would be great if Gw just focused more on all the factions rather then giving their attention mostly to the sigmarines.

Im rather happy in which direction Gw is going right now.

from what I heard wrath and wrapsure should it be some sort of starter box, will probably not contain any Sickmarines but rather old very old foes clashing against each other.

I’m really hoping that they’ll go this way making starter boxes with army’s who have some grudges against each other or their most hated foes.

it would be so great to see a Skaven vs Moonclan grots or skaven/Moonclan grots vs. Dispossesseds Box.

or Free people vs. Slave to darkness, or etc. 

2 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

I’m fully with you my friend

it would be great if Gw just focused more on all the factions rather then giving their attention mostly to the sigmarines.

Im rather happy in which direction Gw is going right now.

from what I heard wrath and wrapsure should it be some sort of starter box, will probably not contain any Sickmarines but rather old very old foes clashing against each other.

I’m really hoping that they’ll go this way making starter boxes with army’s who have some grudges against each other or their most hated foes.

it would be so great to see a Skaven vs Moonclan grots or skaven/Moonclan grots vs. Dispossesseds Box.

or Free people vs. Slave to darkness, or etc. 

I hope this is true ?

The final battle at 8 peaks described in the end times book was absolutely amazing (apart from gobbla dying brought a tear to my eye) it would be awesome to get some characters we connect to n love in the new law 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Zambo said:

I hope this is true ?

The final battle at 8 peaks described in the end times book was absolutely amazing (apart from gobbla dying brought a tear to my eye) it would be awesome to get some characters we connect to n love in the new law 

I think that one key feature that WHFB lore had over AoS lore is relatable characters from all factions. At the moment we have a few named Stormcast (none of which seem memorable to me, but I can't speak for others), some decent death heroes (from WHFB), and the rest of the factions tend to be limited to a mention in the battletome. I'd really like a larger focus on developing likable characters from all factions - not necessarily nice, but someone who is memorable. 

Obviously they have more factions than WHFB, and WHFB had much more time, but they seem to have dedicated a lot of books to SC instead of developing other factions. That said, I think they are developing more with the City of Secrets series, so this seems to be changing for the better :D 

Anyway, I fear we're getting off topic. Would people prefer I (or someone else) created a new topic to discuss this?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Infeston said:

Jeah. That is what I am also fearing. I mean, don't get me wrong, I like those new Underworld models. But in my opinion this isn't enough support for Destruction compared to all the other Grand Alliances. 

I am still on the fence if we are really getting a new Destruction faction, or if we will instead get another two or three Stormcast Chambers or new Chaos factions before we will even come close to anything Destruction related. And maybe in the end we will just get one model after a long wait.

I would hope for a cool and big Moonclan/Troggoth release, but I don't want to expect too much. As a Destruction player you are often used to being disappointed.

I like 2+ Tough's theory that next year will be the year of destruction. They will be the main adversary, as Death and Chaos were previously. This will obviously correspond battletomes, updates, new models, and maybe new sub-factions. 

There isn't really any strong evidence for this other than the way Destruction forces mobilize to fight Death  Malign Portents and Gorkamorka seems to be bent on counter attacking against Nagash while he is focused on Chaos and Order. If this is the case , I would guess that Destruction  updates/new factions don't really get rolling until next year along with new narrative arch.

Personally, I think Slaanesh is the next reslease, not Moonclan. The last really model reveal was Slaanesh and he/she is also where the current Death focused narrative is heading. I'd say that gets wrapped up with with a new release or two over winter. Then over the spring and summer things shift to a new chapter of the narrative focused on Destruction and Gorkamorka's great WAAAGH!!! that we Destruction players have all waiting for.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hankster said:

I think Slaanesh is the next reslease, not Moonclan.

I'm in this boat too. They've teased Slaanesh stuff so far, the only Moonclan related stuff they've shown off in Nightvault.

I'd be betting we'll see Slaanesh either late this year or early next year, with Moonclan being either a midyear release, or a late year released boxed set along with Stormcast similar to a Blight War boxed set (I've got absolutely nothing to base this on, except that it appears they were a little surprised at the hugely positive reception of nightvault moonclan stuff, so perhaps can capitalise on that by selling more AoS models)

What I rly hope is that khorne and slaanesh box will be a full daemon so it will be 40k/aos thing so we will not need to wait other 6 months for a new dual box army

Next are darkoath and destruction factions since they waited to launch the "new warbands" for spoilers on warscrolls, we all know it, but since at the start of 2019 they need to announce slaanesh and in December they don't do new things since they need to sell the "big boxes of factions" I am rly disappointed they will come in March or after

4 minutes ago, calcysimon said:

What I rly hope is that khorne and slaanesh box will be a full daemon so it will be 40k/aos thing so we will not need to wait other 6 months for a new dual box army

It confirm that the Khrone/ Slaanesh box is full daemon because this box is meant for both Warhammer game system not specifically for AoS

16 hours ago, Enoby said:

It seems like everyone is expecting Moonclan to get something, but I'm unsure that that's not just community hype confirmation. The two Moonclan things we have had are Underworlds (which has never preluded an army release in the past) and Malign Portents (which seems to have 'ended' now, at least when promoting it). It's 50/50 on whether the MP models heralded their army release, but all have had an Underworlds faction associated with them and so that may be the tie. We also have LLV saying there will be a Moonclan release, but his sources may have mistook the Underworlds models for a big release (or maybe was given a false lead after leaking info about AoS 2). In addition, he also mentioned that they'd be bug themed, but the Underworlds models don't seem to be. There are also some rumour engines, but they can be so vague and full of misdirection that I don't think we can use them as evidence for much. 

Don't get me wrong, I hope I'm incorrect and I think Destruction really needs something - I would love Moonclan to get a release! But I just want to warn against being too hyped. 

I'm holding out hope for a Moonclan release(and still think it's likely), but I'm also preparing myself that the Nightvault stuff(considering there's two warbands that could be confused for Moonclan) could be the Moonclan stuff spotted. It's not uncommon for the source of the leak to extrapolate a bit(remember "Cthulhu elves"?) or to not have the right context. There were rumors of Gorkamorka coming back, but it turned out to be Speed Freeks and the Pestigor rumors were probably from the Bloodbowl team(though I think this one had a "correction" leaked before we actually saw the Nurgle BB team). Depending on who the leaker is and what access they have, they probably have a small part of the picture, but on the other hand LLVs source could have access to nearly everything. I guess we'll find out.

Lore wise the Sigmarabulum is broke so there are actually no more Stormcast forged...

This would normally not prevent to open new chambers but would limit how many are coming back and may help us see less new SC in 2019...

Next shadespire warbands could give us a hint in the AoS warscroll as there could be new keywords. The rumours mentioned in earlier pages about Moonclan do speak about change in names and new keywords 

• Like 2