The Rumour Thread

1 minute ago, Greasygeek said:

But didn’t that turn out to be a RPG pen and paper and nothing related to AOS except for lore.

I'd not heard that, granted I've not heard any news on it since the announcement and was under the impression it was another duel army boxed set - unless I've missed something in a GW news post? 

Only thing I've heard about W&R was from someone at the event who said it was a box set which would include new models. Not sure how reliable this info is, though. Lady Atia did back this up and said there were new Slaanesh models due, and I don't think they've been wrong before.

Most people are expecting/hoping that 2019 is the year of Slaanesh considering that all 3 of the other gods have had big new releases of models including huge new titanic demons, hero demons, new warriors etc.... It's also a nice time after the 2.0 launch for the story of AoS to have an advance if they pair the release of new Slaanesh with a big jump in what he's up to in AoS 

Yep they tend to wind down new releases in that month and push up big collected discount sets for Christmas. Which makes sense, why introduce new stuff when your production is already going to be hammered to produce product for christmas stockings and gifts. Plus there's probably a slew of pre and post Christmas holidays all cutting up the teams so that you might have your development team, but your manager is out for the week etc... Ergo a time when its better to keep things simple than overcomplicate. 

Asides they don't need a new christmas release to generate a big sales boost. 

Edited by Overread

Phew we can return to dreaming of new Chaos models :)

Also https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/09/28/28th-sept-our-500th-store-the-openinggw-homepage-post-3/

So new model on the 20th along with a big war party game - likely stormcast - but also might be store limited or on the GW store (one hopes for the latter) 

Edited by Overread

10 hours ago, ManlyMuppet88 said:

Probably the alternate Guardian of Souls they’ve shown off. They said it was for birthdays.

Except that’s already been out at stores birthdays and as they’ve already shown it, they’d just show it here. Plus this is a celebration of 500 stores opening, not a birthday. 

It's weird the most green skin related article is about shadespire, while it is supposed to be Orktober (40k orks)...

but the goblin warband seems great. I've been wanting to paint some greenskins so this seems perfect. The shadespire warbands are a great opportunity for painters to try something different with a bunch of mini's for a very reasonable price. Looking forward to the new races like Sylvaneth, Kharadron and Darkoath warbands

5 hours ago, elfhead said:

It's weird the most green skin related article is about shadespire, while it is supposed to be Orktober (40k orks)...

Yeah Im totally puzzled about this. Just checked  the Nova article from the community again to see if Orktober was mentioned at all or if I/we  just went on the hype a little too fast and still I believe that it sounds like october is the greenskin (probably only 40k) month. Yet the WD preview shows nothing even mentioning, new orks, speedfreaks or Orruks. 

So I guess Orktober is already now narrowed down to the last week of the month. With kill team and more Nighvault taking up the contents of the White Dwarf and not  a single greenskin mentioned on the cover.. This is very strange to me.

12 minutes ago, Greasygeek said:

Yeah Im totally puzzled about this. Just checked  the Nova article from the community again to see if Orktober was mentioned at all or if I/we  just went on the hype a little too fast and still I believe that it sounds like october is the greenskin (probably only 40k) month. Yet the WD preview shows nothing even mentioning, new orks, speedfreaks or Orruks. 

So I guess Orktober is already now narrowed down to the last week of the month. With kill team and more Nighvault taking up the contents of the White Dwarf and not  a single greenskin mentioned on the cover.. This is very strange to me.

White dwarf does the first 2 weeks of the month at most, so there’s still half the month for Orks. I think people have been taking Orktober to mean the whole month will just be Orks, but I think it’s just saying they’re coming in October and making a pun of it. 

Edited by Still-young
  • Like 1

Those grots are fine? I mean they're like the Night Goblins from 7th Edition, they're good, but pretty much the same? If I'd been holding out for them I'd be fairly unenthusiastic about slightly more kinetic poses of stuff that already exists 

• Confused 1

17 minutes ago, Nos said:

Those grots are fine? I mean they're like the Night Goblins from 7th Edition, they're good, but pretty much the same? If I'd been holding out for them I'd be fairly unenthusiastic about slightly more kinetic poses of stuff that already exists 

That’s actually exactly what I’d like. The Night Goblin design has always been crazy and  needs very little work to fit into the AoS aesthetic, just more dynamism. 

Besides, it’s a Shadespire warband not a full army release. If they do get the full army treatment then it could be a bigger departure.

6 minutes ago, Infernalslayer said:

Do the Nightvault releases come in waves of 2 warbands each time? I am sure if this is the case the first 2 are the Tzeentch and Grot warbands that were shown off first,  but i am looking forward to the Darkoath warband as their warscrolls for AoS might have hints of what we will see in a future full faction release.

correct, that what they did last season

If they are released in the order shown in the trailer it would be

Moonclan/ Tzeentch

Darkoath/ Troggoth

Sylventh/ KO

• Like 1