The Rumour Thread

2 hours ago, michu said:

When you read some comments on FB or other forums.... Some people act like they didn't get new models since at least XVIII century.

Which is true for.... Well, halflings and fishmen :-P... But your absolutely right. Aos got much love, 40k produced interesting stuff. But some will complain even after they got brand new toys, simply because they wanted a different tone of grey for their unpainted plastic

So far this year *(not counting shadespire because I don't remember which warbands came out when)

Chaos: 11 new things; 2 new sculpts for existing units (GUO, beast of nurgle),  6 new units (Lord of blight/affliction, pusgoyle blightlords,  spoilpox, sloppity,  Darkoath Warqueen),  1 new scenery /spell model (gnarlmaw), 1 new battletome (2 new allegiances, nurgle and chaos dwarves)

Destruction: 1 single moonclan model

Death: 24 new things; 1 named character variant for existing sculpt, 1 new sculpt for existing unit (black coach), 14 new units, 3 spell/scenery models 2 battle tomes (5 new allegiances).

Order: 30 new things; 3 new variant warscrolls for old existing sculpts (slaughter queen on cauldron/foot, avatar of khaine), 20 new units (6 DoK, 14 ID, 10 SCE), 4 scenery/spell models (SCE endless and ID boat) and 3 Battletomes (3 new allegiances)

Considering the limited scope of death (all of them serve Nagash except some FEC who fled from Nagash) compared to order (each faction serves it's own god with little overlap and the entire GA is just allies of convenience), Chaos (6 different gods that all hate each, then Archaon and people/goats that worship chaos in general) and even destruction (Great Maw's Ogres and Gorkamorka's Greenskins) death did really well this year.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TheMuphinMan said:

So far this year *(not counting shadespire because I don't remember which warbands came out when)

Chaos: 11 new things; 2 new sculpts for existing units (GUO, beast of nurgle),  6 new units (Lord of blight/affliction, pusgoyle blightlords,  spoilpox, sloppity,  Darkoath Warqueen),  1 new scenery /spell model (gnarlmaw), 1 new battletome (2 new allegiances, nurgle and chaos dwarves)

Death: 24 new things; 1 named character variant for existing sculpt, 1 new sculpt for existing unit (black coach), 14 new units, 3 spell/scenery models 2 battle tomes (5 new allegiances).

Order: 30 new things; 3 new variant warscrolls for old existing sculpts (slaughter queen on cauldron/foot, avatar of khaine), 20 new units (6 DoK, 14 ID, 10 SCE), 4 scenery/spell models (SCE endless and ID boat) and 3 Battletomes (3 new allegiances)

Considering the limited scope of death (all of them serve Nagash except some FEC who fled from Nagash) compared to order (each faction serves it's own god with little overlap and the entire GA is just allies of convenience), Chaos (6 different gods that all hate each, then Archaon and people/goats that worship chaos in general) and even destruction (Great Maw's Ogres and Gorkamorka's Greenskins) death did really well this year.

that's for QUANTITY.

Now for QUALITY: death battletome: da best of da best. Nurgle army and stuff: superb release one of the biggest armys, numerous builds especially when considering side effects (skavens, everchoosen/archaon, slaves...) . 2 nice new armies with tomes one being 100% fresh and new (IK). I didn't like the lore and mini of IK but I recon they are wonderfull and the armys works well . Nighthaunt was also a splendid release by making it also death/LoN compatible (half  of units included in LoN. Superb synergies. Did I say LoN is da best? . A wellcome refresh of SCE. Last: a full refresh of the game with AoS 2, GHB (tweeks and summons that didn't break the game)  and Magic.

2018 is already the best AoS year.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Overread said:

In fairness when Fantasy ended and Sigmar started Order was left in FAR more a mess than many of the other factions. The Aelf and human factions got split up which made a huge number of tiny subfactions that need tidying up. That GW has decided to add, on top of that, 3 unique Aelf factions in addition hasn't helped matters either. 

Now granted Skaven could do with a clean up too and Death has some really odd groupings (one appears to be just heroes from the other army; several are just 1 model which is basically standing there on its own etc...) So its not a situation unique to Order, its just far more noticeable (esp when you've got Stormcast there with 60 units and everything else is under 20 on the store page)

Orcs & Goblins and Ogres were shattered quite a bit as well.  Order certainly has the biggest umbrella - but it is not unique in terms of being a mess in regards to allegiances.  In fact, if you just wanted to go off the ratio of Fantasy Army books to AoS allegiances then you could effectively argue that Destruction and Death ended up in the messiest place since they made the most allegiances out of the fewest books for those Grand Alliances.

Regardless, the whole game is a bit of a mess in terms of allegiances, but GW has been doing a good job on the large-scale of cleaning them up.  I am positive for what is in store for the game as a whole - and eventually Destruction will gets it's turn in the sun.

Edited by Skabnoze
  • Like 1

Am I the only one who thinks that some days this thread is a lot similar to the movie: Groundshog day?

The tread goes:

GW: Next hype train will be leaving in a few days.

us: “whoo who this will be totally awesome! It’s guarranteed to be _________, I’ve felt it in my soul for months and even my fortune cookie told me that ______ will get a new updated________”.

AFTER THE EVENT

Us: “I am so dissapointed I feel like selling my 1000000pt army just to stick it to GW.  GW hates me and they will never update my army just to anoy me”.

Also Us: “Now there calm down sonnyboy. Back when I was a wee lad they only realeased a single new mini on the  first morming of christmas every year. You kids don’t know how to appreciate what you have”.

Us again: “please everyone this thread is about rumors! Not wishes, wants or tips on how to feed your cat”.

Us also: “But there are no rumors and hoping for tinkerbell to update my army is also kind of a rumor.. kinda..”.

Then some would be funny guy writes something like this and gets a time out by the moderators.

GW: uh everyone next hype train will arriwe in a few weeks.

Us: woooohooo THIS will be totally aweso....

• Like 7
  • Haha 18

42 minutes ago, Greasygeek said:

Am I the only one who thinks that some days this thread is a lot similar to the movie: Groundshog day?

The tread goes:

GW: Next hype train will be leaving in a few days.

us: “whoo who this will be totally awesome! It’s guarranteed to be _________, I’ve felt it in my soul for months and even my fortune cookie told me that ______ will get a new updated________”.

AFTER THE EVENT

Us: “I am so dissapointed I feel like selling my 1000000pt army just to stick it to GW.  GW hates me and they will never update my army just to anoy me”.

Also Us: “Now there calm down sonnyboy. Back when I was a wee lad they only realeased a single new mini on the  first morming of christmas every year. You kids don’t know how to appreciate what you have”.

Us again: “please everyone this thread is about rumors! Not wishes, wants or tips on how to feed your cat”.

Us also: “But there are no rumors and hoping for tinkerbell to update my army is also kind of a rumor.. kinda..”.

Then some would be funny guy writes something like this and gets a time out by the moderators.

GW: uh everyone next hype train will arriwe in a few weeks.

Us: woooohooo THIS will be totally aweso....

I think this a bit of an oversimplification and also an overexaggeration. The people who are posting in this forum are not all part of the same homogenous group. 

It is always different people complaining about different things. If Destruction will get something good, you won't hear the people who play Destruction complain, if Death gets something good the people playing Death don't complain. 

But I agree that is always a certain structure to releases and the reactions to it. Even this response to your response "to not oversimplify things" was already made before. Even your response "that we always discuss the same things and that it is the same with every new release" is part of the vicious cycle.

And you also have to look at if it is always the same people saying the same things or if it is always different people discussing the same things. Because even though the structure may be very similar to other discussions, there are always comments breaking out of this logic. And you always have some people breaking the cycle.

Edited by Infeston

1 hour ago, TheMuphinMan said:

I just want to say that some Nighthaunt do not serve Nagash. Some are natural occurrences and some were who fought against Nagash were released by some Idoneth Deepkin per the battletome. 

3 hours ago, Skreech Verminking said:

how would you feel if Skaven and only skaven will be released trough the whole year of 2019.

wouldnt it get boring?

No Skreech, the question is how would YOU feel about that?

Are you saying you would find that boring?

Edited by Skabnoze

4 hours ago, Skreech Verminking said:

How would you feel if Skaven and only skaven will be released trough the whole year of 2019.

wouldnt it get boring?

There needs to be balance between all 4 grand alliances and their combined releases need to equate to Grander Alliance:Skaven.

I think I talk-speak for all my fellow man-things in saying this

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Skabnoze said:

No Skreech, the question is how would YOU feel about that?

Are you saying you would find that boring?

Ok you got me ?.

i myself would probably not feel bored, if skaven would be released through the year 2019. (Although my savings wouldn’t be  too happy about this?)

Anyways I think Muphinman did great clarifying what I tried to say. (Thanks)

Edited by Skreech Verminking
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, ManlyMuppet88 said:

Maybe. There’s no reason to believe there’s more but........ the Death Gurad were previewed on the last day of Adepticon 2017 so people are hoping for something similar.

Also the last paragraph of the article teased some more news. At least on the 40k quest. 

3 hours ago, Kramer said:

Also the last paragraph of the article teased some more news. At least on the 40k quest. 

People are interpreting that however they want though. It says there will be more info on the stuff shown “soon” and that there would be more coverage of NOVA with commentary on games. Doesn’t mean there will be any further reveals.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, ManlyMuppet88 said:

People are interpreting that however they want though. It says there will be more info on the stuff shown “soon” and that there would be more coverage of NOVA with commentary on games. Doesn’t mean there will be any further reveals.

Yeah I see what you mean. 

‘Stand by for more news on Blackstone Fortress soon, along with everything else that’s been revealed. Of course, this is just the beginning of our coverage from the NOVA Open, with four days of Geoff and Frankie commentating on games of Warhammer 40,000 to look forward to. Check out the timetable and tune in on Twitch – and enjoy!’