The Rumour Thread

Tbh, this looks more like a "Legions of Nagsh treatment" (besides the scenery/spells), rather than a "Daughters of Khaine treatment".

Which isn't a bad thing, A lot of the beastman/monster range holds up quite well (just like most of the LoN models, they aren't catastrophically old like grots/greenskins). 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Ar-Pharazôn said:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/05/31/31st-may-faction-focus-the-beasts-of-chaosgw-homepage-post-3/

If we look back at the Faction Focus, Brayherds, Warherds, Thunderscorn, and Monsters are all included. That's a decently sized faction, and really helps consolidate subfactions left over. 

Wonder if that points to Everchosen and Slaves to Darkness being combined (maybe into Darkoath?).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Enoby said:

Wonder if that points to Everchosen and Slaves to Darkness being combined (maybe into Darkoath?).

I can see that, it'd be a Warriors of Chaos style battletome and have various rules for each God, rules for playing Undivided, and Darkoath is a pretty nice name for the unified Chaos forces. 

Of course, the biggest takeaway is the bigger implication of an Aelves and/or Free Cities battletome as well. And if we move further from that, every factions that got a focus is guaranteed to stay and probably get a battletome, like Gutbusters. 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Ar-Pharazôn said:

If we look back at the Faction Focus, Brayherds, Warherds, Thunderscorn, and Monsters are all included. That's a decently sized faction, and really helps consolidate subfactions left over. 

That would make for a great Battletome, but..... I’d like a lot of new models, starting with the minotaurs. Endless spell makes them look even worse by comparison.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Jamopower said:

The troll looks like it's straight from Warmachine :/

I disagree, trolls in Warmahordes have looks more like yetis with ice growths. This Troggoth looks like a mix of Sourbreaths and Rockguts with added mushrooms (and his grimace looks similar to some trolls or goblins from LotR and Hobbit movies - it perfectly captures barely thinking creature). 

• Like 3

With the battletome coming in the next white dwarf, it looks like we will be seeing the beasts of chaos pretty soon. As the white dwarf photos say available now. Maybe in the next week or two It seems likely that we will see moonclan this year too. 

That would make 8 battletomes in one year which is pretty unprecedented. We are also getting more Shadespire this autumn. 

It has been quite a year for Aos. Looking forward to seeing some more stuff on Wednesday. We may even see an article about the beasts today.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, michu said:

I disagree, trolls in Warmahordes have looks more like yetis with ice growths. This Troggoth looks like a mix of Sourbreaths and Rockguts with added mushrooms (and his grimace looks similar to some trolls or goblins from LotR and Hobbit movies - it perfectly captures barely thinking creature). 

The physique (small feet, large body and hands) and overall feel (stuff sticking out from back and general cartoon look) is what makes it look the same for me, not the details. Don't like neither. 

30 minutes ago, Jamopower said:

The physique (small feet, large body and hands) and overall feel (stuff sticking out from back and general cartoon look) is what makes it look the same for me, not the details. Don't like neither. 

As @Skabnoze already said, Night Goblins (now Moonclan Grots) and their allies were always a mainstay of comedy in Warhammer. This Troggoth perfectly fits. Wait for darker color scheme and then you will see the potential in this sculpt.

Edited by michu
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I really really like the Troggoth. I always wanted more Troggoths. So I am very happy.

I also like the design very much. And as I read through this thread all the people who collect Moonclan or Destruction factions are also mostly happy about the design. 

I disagree with the people who say that mushrooms get old very fast. If I could wish for a new Destruction faction I really want GW to go nuts with shrooms, fungus, spores and cave critters.

A Troll/Grot faction would be even better than only Grots. I didn't know I wanted a faction like this until now. I'd love to see more Troggoths.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1