The Rumour Thread

Just now, Snarff said:

They look different from the trailer where their heads were fully covered

image.png.56db5572b85bbb1aa42ef7d110f8ead5.png

Love the models, but I hope that there are also trailer-like heads in the kit

Probaly just easier to animate a expressionless mask for a quick scene, then some guys angry face. 

Man I really like nearly everything about the new Stormcast except the helmets.

For Liberators it was the nose ridge, for the Reclusians it was that they don't have any decoration on top to they just look bald to me and for the Prosecutors its that you can see part of their real face.
Everything else I like except all the new helmets.

At least now my pile of old Stormcast won't feel as useless if I can use their helmets to replace every single new one 😅

4 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

It allows this ability to interact with opponent's abilities that subtract dice, but it is otherwise more or less the same. I think writing it this way prevents situations where you roll 3d6 and your opponent triggers their "make them roll 1d6" ability and you just get trumped by it. Overall it's nice and makes those abilities more intuitive in their interaction.

considering how hugely impactful "-1d6 for charging" would be, I hope we never see that ability (terrible memories of the old Khorne Daemon prince).

also I feel like this ability further pushes towards building deathstar units (usual disclaimer applies, we don't know the full rules etc)

image.jpeg.598a2021c22bd75ef0cdc0a13db99cd8.jpeg

Just now, Grungnisson said:

That's what you get when people keep complaining about the fly stands, I suppose.

At least they make sense for the new box. They are flying over the crumbles of the dawnbringer buildings. it would be way worse just having some rocks...

6 minutes ago, Garrac said:

Btw, I find it kind of anoying that the new Grombindal mini isn't meant to be used in TOW on gw terms

image.png?ex=6630ed3c&is=662f9bbc&hm=09b4c9bf0d9b2ce2810c5f65cbdb15facff6a70f157240efced4f535b36d0912&=

It's proxy time, guys!!!

You can easily just make something based on his 6E rules for the Old World. From a quick look the only real major problem I see is that his armour is a 1+ save which is no longer around, but if you make him a 2+ save rerolling ones because of the Gromril Armour special rule it should still work for sheer "unopenable tin can" levels. 

Just now, Souleater said:

If there isn’t a closed helmet option, I might paint then face the same metal as the rest of the helmet.

I'm afraid that'd look weird though, since the face has obvious expressions.

5 minutes ago, BarakUrbaz said:

You can easily just make something based on his 6E rules for the Old World. From a quick look the only real major problem I see is that his armour is a 1+ save which is no longer around, but if you make him a 2+ save rerolling ones because of the Gromril Armour special rule it should still work for sheer "unopenable tin can" levels. 

Quite a lot more of the rules should change as well, nowadays these kind of characters come even more expensive.

4 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

eah, all those Mordheim rumours would be for Summer 2025.

3 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

always thought about it as the setting. Would be weird to change the rules midway edition.

You just said your rumors were for Summer 2025 (so new edition time, not midway. New edition means opportunity for new rules and new setting). 

So, Mordheimized rules for Warcry is possible, but as GW is trying to separate the Fantasy setting (WFB-Mordheim-TOW-TWW etc.) from AOS in terms of rules and visuals (even if they are still officialy linked in the fluff of course), I really don't see it. But in a few years we could see Mordheim coming along like we have Necromunda (it's aequivalent) and Kill Team (our Warcry) both in the general 40k universe.

If you talk about a Mordheimized setting for Warcry 3rd edition in summer 2025, well I don't see it either. We already have "ruined city" theme in Warcry 1 (and a whole range). They tried the whole Old-Worldy style with Cursed City (it was quite nice for sure). And, again, now they are differenciating their IP's.

24 minutes ago, Marcvs said:

As for the minis, I am not a fan of the tactical columns in general, other than that Prosecutors are a cool concept and these are a nice improvement.

Those new versions really are beautiful but I do hope we get closed helmet like in the trailer !

BTW, the "tactical columns" are from Dawnbringers Buildings.... Maybe a hint from the Launch Box / New Edition scenery range ???

• Like 1

OHH, I really like these. The helmets and shields finally bring back that bit of greek/roman god feel that I really love in Stormcast. Might use some of the heads for allied Tempest Lords Reclusians if we get fully enclosed variants.

And, at least I know what basing extras I'll give to my centrepiece Cities units

image.png.28f1c2a20690c96ddc81127999d33a76.png

Really hope the scenery in the box will also be ruined 3rd edition Dawnbringer structures. Maybe I'll finally have enough structures to make a competent besieged city table :D

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 2

5 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

If you talk about a Mordheimized setting for Warcry 3rd edition in summer 2025, well I don't see it either. We already have "ruined city" theme in Warcry 1 (and a whole range). They tried the whole Old-Worldy style with Cursed City (it was quite nice for sure). And, again, now they are differenciating their IP's.

Warcry 1 was more like old Age of Myth Allpoints ruins, while a theoretical ruined city setting for Warcry 3 would more likely be based on a (relatively) newly established City of Sigmar, maybe sharing design elements with the current Dawnbringer terrain and Cities army.

1 hour ago, PraetorDragoon said:

Warcry: Catacombs: "Am I a joke to you?" 

? Re-read your quote, I mention "Catacombs" by name.  It is a discontinued Warcry 1st ed. set, and I'm calling for a reintroduction of the concept in Warcry 2n edition (for example in the form of a Seraphon Space Ship Board). 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Great models. Im still iffy on that curved lipped chest plate though, the standard crafted pecs just looks better to my eyes.  

Not too big a fan on the helmets myself gives me idoneth or lumineth vibes, was hoping for more valkrie style but the trailer did show them off so that dashed my hopes

Also wonder if they will have the same role, i hope not becuase they are way too cool to be used as screen chaff or just cheap harrasers

Edited by Crypt

On 4/26/2024 at 2:48 PM, Grungnisson said:

Do you like playing with the battle tactics then?

Also, other solutions are available. Like hidden agendas, for example. You could draw, say, three at the start of the battle and score additional points for completing two of those.

Or you could incorporate additional scoring conditions in the battleplans. We saw these in some of the more narrative battleplans accompanying the campaign books.

There are options. Many of them, potentially better, than the battle tactics we have.

I enjoy the deck of cards system that Leviathan introduced in 40k tenth. I kinda wish we had gone that direction for 4.0 sigmar but it definitely has its downsides. Like patching/correcting the cards is logistically challenging and it creates another item to buy along with the GHB.

I'm ok with the BT system overall and it looks like its at least moving in the general right direction. Its ultimately going to  ride on just how balanced the GA BTs are though. If they mess up 1-2 of those the whole system becomes unfair again. 

On 4/26/2024 at 2:53 PM, Tonhel said:

This!

Having 2 battle tactics for each Alliance only increase the BT pool for some factions in that Alliance. As I posted in the 4.0 Rules thread "Reclaim the Realms is so much easier to obtain for Idoneth or Sylvaneth than for Fyreslayers. This already makes the available pool of BTs to chose from bigger for those factions compared to others in the same Alliance. Thus already creating an unbalance in the same Alliance.

So one of my biggest complaints about sigmar since the beginning of 2.0 was that GW has never properly costed units for their movement and bravery. You will see units with relatively similar stats be costed the same, but one will be movement 5 and the other movement 12 lol. Same story with bravery. 

They are fixing the bravery issue to some degree, but yea Fyreslayers definitely stand out as one of the most neglected armies in the game. They just don't have enough movement abilities to offset their terrible movement stat.

I read an interesting comment recently mentioning how you can draw a lot of parallels between the treatment of Beast of Chaos and Fyreslayers in recent times. Both are neglected in terms of range updates and narrative inclusion. Kind of alarming considering BOC's ultimate fate :(

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Asbestress said:

Warcry 1 was more like old Age of Myth Allpoints ruins, while a theoretical ruined city setting for Warcry 3 would more likely be based on a (relatively) newly established City of Sigmar, maybe sharing design elements with the current Dawnbringer terrain and Cities army.

Maybe, but it contained various Mordheim style buildings and was inhabited (Watch tower, skeletal prisons, Bell tower, etc.)

So ruined Order city (AoM) vs ruined Order city (AoS) doesn't look promising to me (and woudl be too Old World-y) and unoriginal compared to the Gnarlwood and Seraphon Ruins concepts. 

And as you say, there is currently a Dawnbringers "WIP" buildings range, so that would just bloat that range (yes yey I know GW does not shy releasing similar looking scenery range,  but they are more carful about that these days it seems :P)